Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

johnmeier1

Explorer
Seeing his thunder fail, Georg turns his attention to the sphere across the river. He holds out his off hand and moves it towards the bloodied hobgoblin. Stay away from my flaming balls, comrades.

[sblock=OOC] Minor: Maintain Sphere
Move: Move Sphere 6 to R20, should kill the hobo on the start of his turn
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Seeing the path open up, Dane side steps into view of the other hobgoblin. He then sets his shield in front of his entire body. Stomping at the ground and tearing up the field like a bull, Dane makes a charge at the hobgoblin. When the dwarf crashes into the goblinoid, he pounds him in the chest and knocks him into the river! CANNONBALL!

[sblock=Actions] Shift to R15. Charging Shield bash against Hobgoblin 2.
Shield Bash vs Ref (1d20+9, 1d10+7=[20, 9], [1, 7])Nat 20 for 14 pod! Pushed to M14 and knocked prone . . . what ever that does in the water. =v) Ending at P16
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Dane_(Nebten)
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] I know Dane should have gone after the wizard, but pushing somebody into the river was too much to pass up.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Seeing that Hadrak and Incarnation have the barbarian under control, Raiyek gives chase to the wereserpent. "Come back here, snake! By Palladys, you'll fight me today, not the rest of these!" The elf spins and slashes at the lycanthrope, nearly missing but making a small adjustment just before the blow lands to turn it into a hit. As his sword cuts in, Palladys grants him strength to withstand the likely counterattack.
[sblock=Actions]Move: to I12
Minor: DC on wereserpent
Standard: Strength from Valor vs. wereserpent: 1d20+10=12 vs. Fort, 1d10+4=14 damage.
Burning Elven Accuracy to reroll: 1d20+10=25 vs. Fort. That better hit :)
On a hit, Raiyek gains 5 temp hp. Going to assume a hit for now, for purposes of my stat block.[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24, Fort:17, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP: 56/56 +5 thp, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the holy light weakens the warrior, darkness and flame erupts from its wounds. Smoke flows quickly to Incarnation's shadowy form, boosting him slightly.[sblock=Bloodied Boon]I'm going to call in my Boon now, gaining 2 THP (if there are any invisible enemies next to the "barbarian", they also take 7 fire damage :)). "Barbarian" no longer cursed.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Seeing his thunder fail, Georg turns his attention to the sphere across the river. He holds out his off hand and moves it towards the bloodied hobgoblin. Stay away from my flaming balls, comrades.

[sblock=OOC]
**thats pretty funny**
Minor: Maintain Sphere
Move: Move Sphere 6 to R20
[/sblock]

As Rurdev's axe cuts true and the hobgoblin moves around him, the shifter pulls out his other axe. The larger weapons were a more brutal weapon than his previous scimitars and they hack unforgiving wounds into the goblinoid, who can barely stand. "You'd b-b-better r-run now."

[sblock=Actions]
Draw axe and twin strike hobbo. twin strike vs hob with quarry (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=24, 1d10+2=12, 1d10+1=6, 1d6=6) 24 damage! So close! Not worth off hand strike I think.

Immediate Reaction: Use Yield ground to shift to U16 and gain +2 to all defenses.[/sblock]

Seeing the path open up, Dane side steps into view of the other hobgoblin. He then sets his shield in front of his entire body. Stomping at the ground and tearing up the field like a bull, Dane makes a charge at the hobgoblin. When the dwarf crashes into the goblinoid, he pounds him in the chest and knocks him into the river! CANNONBALL!

[sblock=Actions]
**also funny**
Shift to R15. Charging Shield bash against Hobgoblin 2.
Shield Bash vs Ref (1d20+9, 1d10+7=[20, 9], [1, 7])Nat 20 for 14 pod! Pushed to M14 and knocked prone . . . what ever that does in the water. =v) Ending at P16

**I think you mean P15. Makes an immediate Endurance Check. 10, Fail. He is underwater, and will need to get out before failing two more such checks. since he's under deep water, I do not think prone matters.**
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Dane_(Nebten)
[/sblock]

Seeing that Hadrak and Incarnation have the barbarian under control, Raiyek gives chase to the wereserpent. "Come back here, snake! By Palladys, you'll fight me today, not the rest of these!" The elf spins and slashes at the lycanthrope, nearly missing but making a small adjustment just before the blow lands to turn it into a hit. As his sword cuts in, Palladys grants him strength to withstand the likely counterattack.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to I12
Minor: DC on wereserpent
Standard: Strength from Valor vs. wereserpent: 1d20+10=12 vs. Fort, 1d10+4=14 damage.
Burning Elven Accuracy to reroll: 1d20+10=25 vs. Fort. That better hit :)
On a hit, Raiyek gains 5 temp hp. Going to assume a hit for now, for purposes of my stat block.

**hits**[/sblock]

As the holy light weakens the warrior, darkness and flame erupts from its wounds. Smoke flows quickly to Incarnation's shadowy form, boosting him slightly.

[sblock=Bloodied Boon]I'm going to call in my Boon now, gaining 2 THP (if there are any invisible enemies next to the "barbarian", they also take 7 fire damage :)). "Barbarian" no longer cursed.

**You feel the pressence of none**[/sblock]

The wizard curses again, seeing his allies failing. He back peddles keeping an eye on the actions and muttering ancient words. Suddenly a giant snake, made of lightning appears before Dane. The unsuspecting dwarf isn't even sure how to defend himself before it seems to bite down, disappearing within is warrior form.

Meanwhile, one hobgoblin finally succumbs to the flaming sphere. The other drags himself out of the water and trys to take advantage of the shocked Dane, but he manages to get his shield up to block the strike.

The barbarian takes one look at the battlefield and darts back into the forest, moving with great speed.

The wereserpent, however grabs Raiyek, and after a brief struggle drags him to the bottom of the river.

[sblock=ooc]Wizard moves to U6.
Fails to recharge
Casts Lightning Serpent at Dane. 18 vs Reflex, Hit, 22 Lightning damage. Dane takes ongoing 5 poison and slowed (save ends both). That bloodies Dane

Hobgoblin 1 takes 7 fire damage and dies.
Hobgoblin 2 makes an Athletics check against the current. 28, Success He moves to O13, P13, Q14.
Attacks Dane. 22 vs AC, Fails

Barbarian double runs off the map to the left. He is 13 squares past 5. He takes 9 damage from Incarnation.
Action Point: Run 8 more squares. He is 21 squares past 5.

Wereserpent attempts tail grab vs Raiyek. 30 vs AC Rayek is grabbed.
Wereserpent uses Drag Foe. 19 vs Fort, hit Move to O12. Drag Raiyek to M13. As long as you are in the grab, whenever one of you fails the Athletics check, you both do.
Wereserpent purposefully fails. Wereserpent Fails Endurance

Raiyek Fails Endurance I realize you have a -1 modifier to Endurance. So if you crit, you succeed, otherwise . . . lets just sya you may want to escape the grab.[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 4

21; Rurdev; R18; 46/51; Acted
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp;Acted
18; Hadrak; J11; 44/52; +3 to defenses TENT; Acted
17; Raiyek; M13; 56/56 + 5 thp; Underwater, 1 Failed Drowning Check; Acted
9; Dane; P15; 10/60; ongoing 5 poison and slowed (save ends both), Bloodied; Acted
9; Enemies
Wizard; U6;
Hobgoblin 2; Q14; 24/62 hp; Bloodied, 1 Failed Drowning Check
Barbarian; Off the map; 68/188 hp; Bloodied
Wereserpent; O12; -23 hp; Marked, Underwater, 1 Failed Drowning Check
7; Incarnation; I10; 28/53 +2 thp; CA vs Barbarian, +2 to hit Barbarian

Stats

Barbarian
F 19 R 21
Wereserpent
F 19 R 18
Hobgoblin
AC 19 R 17

[sblock=Map]
River09.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: R20; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

Square containing tree, are difficult terrain.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water squares are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Boulders are large enough to be treated as a wall. You cannot move diagonally across a corner.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation looks passively as the barbarian retreats. He will return, but now is not the time to chase when others need us. He turns briefly to the wizard. You must separate them, Georg. I will do what I can.

Calmly, Incarnation turns to the river and implacably strides in, the the steam from his flames shrouding him. The shroud is mixed with darkness at his left hand as he places his mark upon the serpent and then shoves at beast, attempting to separate it from the paladin. Push, elf. Push to survive.[sblock=Actions]Even with a double run, Incarnation could not get close enough to follow up an attack; so that +4 is goin' to be wasted. Good combo to remember for later, though Mal (esp. if Georg shoves him with Thunderwave, which is considered a move).

Move to M12 in the water. Minor to curse serpent. Aid another for Raiyek's Athletics check: Success so Raiyek gets a +2 to his next check. I'd get rid of the armor first. :)[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (Shadow Walk)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 19, Fort: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 28/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Chains of Levistus

Tyrannical Threat
Tyranny of Flames

Warforged Resilience
Shadowdance Leather Armor +1 (daily)
Spidersilk Mantle +1 (encounter)
Prison of Salzacas (encounter)

Full character sheet - L4W:pC:Incarnation (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Incarnation looks passively as the barbarian retreats. He will return, but now is not the time to chase when others need us. He turns briefly to the wizard. You must separate them, Georg. I will do what I can.

Calmly, Incarnation turns to the river and implacably strides in, the the steam from his flames shrouding him. The shroud is mixed with darkness at his left hand as he places his mark upon the serpent and then shoves at beast, attempting to separate it from the paladin. Push, elf. Push to survive.[sblock=Actions]Even with a double run, Incarnation could not get close enough to follow up an attack; so that +4 is goin' to be wasted. Good combo to remember for later, though Mal (esp. if Georg shoves him with Thunderwave, which is considered a move).

Move to M12 in the water. Minor to curse serpent. Aid another for Raiyek's Athletics check: Success so Raiyek gets a +2 to his next check. I'd get rid of the armor first. :)[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 5

21; Rurdev; R18; 46/51;
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp;
18; Hadrak; J11; 44/52; +3 to defenses TENT;
17; Raiyek; M13; 56/56 + 5 thp; Underwater, 1 Failed Drowning Check;
9; Dane; P15; 10/60; ongoing 5 poison and slowed (save ends both), Bloodied;
9; Enemies
Wizard; U6;
Hobgoblin 2; Q14; 24/62 hp; Bloodied, 1 Failed Drowning Check
Barbarian; Off the map; 68/188 hp; Bloodied
Wereserpent; O12; -23 hp; Marked, Underwater, 1 Failed Drowning Check, Cursed
7; Incarnation; M12; 28/53 +2 thp; Concealment

Stats

Barbarian
F 19 R 21
Wereserpent
F 19 R 18
Hobgoblin
AC 19 R 17

[sblock=Map]
River10.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: R20; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

Square containing tree, are difficult terrain.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water squares are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Boulders are large enough to be treated as a wall. You cannot move diagonally across a corner.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Oooh, the barbie is fleeing. He's the one I really wanted to interrogate. And it's not like this team can run after him...'' exclaims Hadrak in dismay. ''Unless maybe if Rurdev...''

He then has a great view of the wereserpent dragging Raiyek underwater.

-''No, on second thought I think we have a more urgent task for Rurdev.'' he says, deadpan.

He steps around the tree and send one of his patented blast of holy light toward the hobgoblin, blessing Dane with improved accuracy in the process.

-''Hey, Rurdev, this may look like I am attack the hobogblin but this is really a distress flare to catch your attention.'' he shouts, pointing at the drowning paladin. ''You are our best swimmer. Raiyek, on the other hand... We'll, let's just say he is a rock. Both on the battleline and in a river. He'll drown if you don't help him. Don't worry about Dane, I got his back.''

Hadrak waves his hand and Dane's wound close.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:J11
Standard:
Lance of Faith vs Hobgoblin's reflex (1d20+11=17, 1d8+10=15)
Minor: Healing Word on Dane (Who thankfully moves within 5 square!):
Healing Word (2d6+5=14)

His surge value is 15 so that is a total of 29 hp. Dane also gains +2 to defenses TENT.

If Lance of faith hit, +1 to defenses TENT for Hadrak, +2 to hit on Dane's next attack against that hobgoblin.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks at Incarnation again with amazement. After digesting the advice of the warforged warlock, he nods. I have a new spell that should help.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: enlarged Winged Horde attacks two bad guys 1d20+8=19 (vs Wereserpent Will) and 1d20+8=13 (vs Hobgoblin 2 Will) for 1d6=4 damage and they can't make opportunity attacks TENT - this ends grab.
Move: Flaming Sphere to R14 does 1d4+6=8 damage to adjacent
Minor: Sustain Sphere

If Winged Horde doesn't hit the Wereserpent I may use an AP
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Staff of Defense (if any defense hit by less than 4) and Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 32/40 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:9 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will - Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Staff of Defense, Shield
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited: