Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
This wasn't quite what I had in mind ..., Raiyek thinks. Now, how do I get out of here?
[sblock=OOC]EDIT: john's post just registered properly in my head ... I'm hoping he did hit, but answers to these questions would still be good to have.
[sblock=Questions]Well, this is an unpleasant situation :)

A couple questions first.
The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.
Emphasis by me. I note that you didn't say we needed an Endurance check if we weren't bloodied, and Raiyek is at full hp. :p I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that Endurance checks weren't required for unbloodied characters, though. Just checking, in case being unharmed would reduce the DC, which does make some sense.

Also, do I need to make an Endurance check on my turn, or does the check made when the serpent dragged me under count for this round?

Lastly, since he's grabbed me, can I make an attack to try to drag him? Or is my only option to try to escape? If I can try to drag him, would Oath of Enmity help me? The description of how to move a grabbed target (PHB 290) says a "Strength vs. Fort attack", but doesn't say it's a melee attack, though that's the only kind of attack that makes sense. I ask because 1d20+5 vs. 19 with a double roll is a lot more likely than 1d20+3 vs. 19. With Incarnation's help it's 1d20+5 for Athletics too, but two rolls is still better than one. ;)[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24, Fort:17, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP: 56/56 +5 thp, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
1 failed drowning check

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev hears the combat move into the river. The shifter skirts around the boulder away from the wet hobgoblin. Rurdev leaps over the water to land next to the serpent slicing with his axe toward the serpent who is just underwater.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to O18
Minor: Quarry Serpent, unless I can't see him
Standard: Marauder's rush serpent, with athletics for leaping over the water. athletics; marauder's rush(charge) with quarry (1d20+12=20, 1d20+11=24, 1d10+8=17, 1d6=4)17 w/o quarry, 21 with quarry.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Rurdev - Male Shifter Ranger 5
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP: 46/51, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges Left:8/8
Resist 10 Force
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Twin Strike
Marauder's rush
Disruptive Strike
Off-Hand Strike
Yield Ground
Longtooth Shifting
Blood Fury Battleaxe
Jaws of the Wolf
Snarling Wolf Stance
Brooch of Shielding
Lightning Battleaxe
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Raiyek]Your best bet is to wait until Georg's attacks are realized; if he either pushes or disables the serpent, you can just act normally. Otherwise, I'd suggest getting rid of the armor and then using Athletics to escape. Grab attacks are melee attacks unless a power provides otherwise, but they generally require a free hand.

You, however, can attack him normally w/o penalty. Usually.[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=Free Action] Using Amulet of Life to spend an additional healing surge from the Healing Word. 15 more hps.[/sblock]

Dis no time for swimmin'! We got crazy mages shootin' litin' snakes at mi!

Dane looks at the wet hobgoblin and shakes his head in disgrace. He then swings with his oversized axe head, infused with Hardak's magic, trying to cut out the legs from underneith the warrior.

[sblock=Actions] The following is if Hardak's Lance of Faith it. If it doesn't, then -2 on d20 roll.

Take 5 pod.
Brash Strike vs AC (1d20+15, 1d12+10=[7, 15], [3, 10]) Hit AC 22 for 13 pod. He is Marked.
Grants CA but also has +2 to defense TENT.

If the hogbolin dies, Dane will move to R15.

Save vs Poison (1d20+5=8). Fail

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Dane_(Nebten)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Your best bet is to wait until Georg's attacks are realized; if he either pushes or disables the serpent, you can just act normally. Otherwise, I'd suggest getting rid of the armor and then using Athletics to escape. Grab attacks are melee attacks unless a power provides otherwise, but they generally require a free hand.

You, however, can attack him normally w/o penalty. Usually.
Yeah, I'm waiting til we know whether Georg hit or not. And I'll probably go with the Athletics check (unless Georg and Rurdev bloodied him, then it might be easier to just try killing him asap), but it's good to know your options :)[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The snake writhes around under the water as if trying to avoid the bites of many tiny insects. It releases Raiyek from its coils. Georg seems somewhat satisfied and concentrates on his flaming sphere moving it towards the remaining hobgoblin.

[sblock=OOC] Okay, that breaks the grab but I don't get the extra 2 damage from Destructive Wizardry so the wereserpent only takes 4 damage[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Freed from the snake's coils, Raiyek calls on the magic of his armor to banish it for the moment. Some weight lifted, he tries to swim out of the water and back to dry land, but the current proves too strong for the paladin to overcome.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: banish armor. Handy little feature, that. :) AC is now 16, skills that take armor penalty go up 2 (like Athletics and Endurance).

Move: Athletics (1d20+5=14) doesn't get me where I want to go, but at least I'm pushed 1 square south (let's say L14), away from the stupid snake.

Move:
Another Athletics (1d20+5=13) ... well, that was rather disappointing. Stupid snake. Another square south - K15.[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24(16), Fort:17, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP: 56/56 +5 thp, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
1 failed drowning check
Not wearing armor - effective -8 to AC (since Dex applies now), +2 to skills that take AC penalty

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)

[/sblock]

Remove ads