Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Mmmm. This doesn't seem cramped at all to me . . . And I sort of like the underground; you find the best raw ore in places like this."

OOC: Left

Shayuri

First Post
"What do I want with ore?" Annika grumps. Her mood is not improved when everyone goes left, but she follows along, moving her lights ahead of the group.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The cramped tunnel leads deeper underground, but with only a slight downward angle. Mostly it twists and turns as it follow the ore seam. After another ten minutes or so of awkward squeezes, the tunnel is blocked from wall to wall, floor to ceiling by a wall of slime, very like in appearance and texture to the creature from the ghats. It is not moving, but it is pulsating slightly suggesting some kind of life.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal retreats quickly and silently back toward the group and motions them back.

"There is another big slime up there. Should we try and fry it in place? Or return and follow other tunnels? I would not like having THAT behind us."
he takes out one of his oil skins.
"If it remains passive I can splash some oil over it's front maybe even get some of it inside and throw a torch at the oil trail. What do you think?"

Shayuri

First Post
"What do I think?" Annika says, eying the pulsing mass of gelatinous flesh. "I think we should go back to the city and buy as much lantern oil as we can lay our hands on. Then we should haul it back here and break the barrels open. Then we light it up...and collapse the mine."

She pauses and adds, "It's the only way to be sure."

(Shayuri: Finding inappropriate paraphrases of Aliens quotes since 1999.)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Collapsing the mine won't help. Those things can flow with the water and we don't know how stretched they can become. They would reform in some other cave or in the river outside."

OOC: I just realized I didn't specify my equipment except to mention that I'll take oil and tinderbox. I'll look into pathfinder equipment to see how much can I take after I take alchemist fire.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: There's a fair assortment of fire-making ability between the party now. Chaarr knows that anything that burns with smoke is going to cause trouble in this cramped environment.

Shayuri

First Post
Annika sighs and nods. "I suppose it was too simple to be workable. Well, lets go then. The sooner we end this, the sooner we can be out in the sun and the air again."

Remove ads