[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric was about ready to follow Fury, when the man stopped. Afterward he asks, "So where are we going, then? I wonder if Zelena is going to come back and get her coin pouch? It would be a shame to go on a new mission without her."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shrugs sheepishly. "The army headquarters? Can't say I know where that is. We could wait here a bit for Zelena; it'd give me a chance to have a drink. I'm sure that soldier over there knows where we need to go."

Gerald007

First Post
"Well, I'm ready whenever you two are. We do need to track down Zelena and return her items to her. Maybe we can implore her to join us, after all," Syl replies, continuing to focus on teh food on the plate in front of him. "Might as well eat up, you two...don't know when we'll have a chance to eat this well again."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric nods and flags down Trixie for some of that Adventurer's Stew that everyone's been eating. Afterward, mouth still full of food, he says, "I'mpf ready to gowph."

OOC: [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION], you coming along?

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

sunshadow21

Explorer
The captain looks up as he waits for yet another refill, showing a definte slur in his speech. "I think the Colonel would prefer you keep the Naval Authority out of it as much as possible. The last time they handled a problem like this directly, they were, to put it mildly, pissed off at the Colonel, and even tried to court martial him for failing to do his assigned duty, despite the fact that there was nothing the Colonel could have done with the resources we had at the time. The admiral there is still sore about it, and looks for any opportunity to give the Colonel a hard time about it. We have been given more resources to handle the task now of defending those ^$*#$%$ lighthouses now, with Captain Rossi, the son of one of the larger landowners in that area, and his men being the latest addition to the militia, added expressly so that more patrols could be carried out. Unfortunately, the good captain thought he was joining the regular army where they don't have to actually work to earn their paycheck. As to where the headquarters are located, near the palace, you will find 2 building identical in everything but size. The smaller is the headquarters for the militia, and has been since the city was founded. It was once one of the most imposing buildings in the city, excluding the palace itself. The larger is a deliberate attempt by the regular army to remind us "upstart" militiaman what our proper place is in the hierarchy of the military. When they had to replace their old headquarters, they went out of their way to not only build right by our headquarters, but copied our building, or at least the exterior, exactly, only changing the proportions by making everything as much bigger as they could get away with. $@#@$% #$@#$$@ #$#$@holes that they are." When he talks about either the Naval Authority or the regular army, you sense very strong disdain, disgust, and borderline hate enter his voice that he doesn't even attempt to hide. At this point, another drink arrives, and he once more turns his attention to it.

[sblock=A Bad Light]A Bad Light game thread is up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"There ya go!" Fury smirks as he turns back to Borric and Sylvain. (And Walthor.) "More than you'll ever want to know about Venza's military. I guess we should hang out here and see if Zelena makes a reappearance." He retakes his seat and tears into a bit of roasted chicken Trixie delivered during the soldier's rant. "That's one fine bird," he says waving a chicken leg.

[sblock=OOC]Guess we can kill some time here for a while longer until we hear about Zelena.

Sunshadow, thanks for the extra information. Nice little rivalry you've set up there between the three groups.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric admires Trixie's legs and agrees, "Most definitely. Pity she won't roll in the hay with just anyone. I figure if I slay a few more nefarious necrophile spellslingers she might give me a shot. I fear it might take the slaying of a dragon though to be worthy."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads