[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: If Songdragon comes back she can join the other crew, maybe to make two foursomes. :hmm: If we pool extra gold we can get a Wand of CLW and make up for the lack of having the cleric along. I suppose Fury can use that.

Edit: Yep, Syl can use it and has healing Hexes so our healing is spread around.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: One of the things Fury bought shopping at the Mystic Pearl was a wand of CLW so that's already covered. And let's see what happens with the returnees from the Old Alchemist.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Jangles the Gambler

OOC: In that case...

Jangles.jpg

A short man sidles up to your table, wearing plain clothes, but more like a traveler than just a commoner or farmer. He is wearing a brimmed hat and friendly smile, almost too friendly. In a smooth voice and tone, he introduces himself, "Pardon, gents. I see that you are celebrating and you have been successful in your travels. My name's Jangles. Would you all care to play some dice with me?"

He hold out his hand to shake in greeting to Fury, Borric, Syl, and even the militia captain.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The militia captain at this point has fallen unconscious and is fast asleep with his head on the table. Whether it be from alcohol or exhaustion, or a combination of both, you cannot tell.

Gerald007

First Post
"Well met, Jangles. My name's Sylvain, but everyone calls me Syl. A game of chance you say?" Syl glances around the table at his companions. "I'm feeling sort of lucky...anyone else," he smiles.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury sizes up Jangles taking in the traveler's clothes and manner. Shark? Probably. He shrugs. "I've nothing too terribly pressing. A small matter with a lighthouse but we're waiting for someone to join us. So might as well. To kill the time, you know?" He motions at the table. "Take a seat, friend. I'm called Fury."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric replies to the newcomer, "Dice, huh? Well sit your arse down then. But be careful to not try anything funny. We did not just get off the boat. Name's Borric Hawkins, mageslayer extraordinaire."

"Why don't you explain what you have in mind?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Jangles the Gambler

Jangles.jpg

Jangles smiles and puts 5 dice (6-sided) on the table as he sits down, "Gents, I am not cheat. Feel free to check my dice while I explain the rules of the game, Ship, Captain and Crew."

"To play, everyone ante's up. The object is to roll the Ship, a six, the Captain, a five and the Crew, a four on three of the five dice. The other two dice are the Ship's Cargo. When the Hammer, that's the last roller, has taken his turn, the highest score, The Point, wins the pot. Everyone who ante's up gets a chance rolling up to three times."

"In the event of a tie or a draw, we ante up again play another round. If you fail to roll the Captain, Ship and Crew, you don't get to score any cargo."

"Now there are some finer points to rolling. After your first roll, you have to have the Ship first to be able to count the Captain or the Crew. Same thing for the Captain before counting the Crew. Make sense? Say I roll a two fours, a five, a two and a one; no Captain. So I gotta roll them all again, I cannot keep the four and five. Then, on my second roll I get lucky and roll the Captain, the Ship, and the Crew; they all count.

"The other two dice are my Cargo; let's say they were a two and a four. Not great, right? Since I haven't yet rolled a third time, I can roll the Cargo dice one more time to try and get something better. If I do that, the previous Cargo doesn't count, though."

"Play in the round goes clockwise, any questions?"

Jangles is sitting with Borric on his left, Fury on his right, and Syl across the table.

Last edited:

Remove ads