[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ah, you are correct. (That's what I get for operating from memory.) But the specifics don't matter so much as long as you get a 4, 5, & 6 in one toss; which I didn't. <sigh>[/sblock]

Animal

First Post
[sblock=ooc]i'm also confused. looks like perinmiller mistyped somewhere in his post.
The object is to roll the Ship, a six, the Captain, a five and the Crew, a four on three of the five dice.
but then he gives an example of a roll, where it's implied that Captain is a six.
Say I roll a two fours, a five, a two and a one; no Captain. So I gotta roll them all again, I cannot keep the four and five.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Jangles the Gambler

OOC: Yeah I messed up the example. :blush: Fixed it now.

Jangles.jpg

Jangles holds up his hands and says, "Wait, Syl hasn't finished rolling. Since you did not get a six yet, roll all the dice again. If still no ship, then roll a third time. Then, pass the dice on to Fury."

OOC: You roll the dice three times. Your ship, captain, and crew are not rerolled on the 2nd and 3rd rerolls. If you need clearer more comprehensive rules, you should be able to find the game on a Google search

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"All right Jangles...keep me on the straight and narrow here," Syl says grabbing the dice and again trying to hit the 6 needed to represent the Ship.

toasterferret

Explorer
The door swings open and a fiery haired woman walks through. She is tall but slender, with a force of presence such that you can't resist looking twice. She wears plain travelers clothes, though they seem a bit out of place on her.

She walks to the back of the Inn to her room, soon thereafter coming back into the inn proper, holding a bottle of fine red wine and wearing a courtier's dress.

She settles into a chair at a nearby table and pours herself a glass of the wine. She sips it slowly, enjoying the fine beverage, as she looks around, taking in the activity of the tavern.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric, being last after Jangles, chuckles, "Well, Syl crapped out. You are looking good so far, Fury. Roll those three dice again and get your crew and score some cargo."

Borric is indicating the three 3's.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury looks surprised. "What? You'll let me keep the Ship and Captain I rolled?" He shrugs. "Well, I'm not one to argue with good fortune or the kindness of others." He slides two dice to the side turning up a six and a five then tosses the other three.

"Second roll. C'mon, babies..." :6: :6: :2:

Fury scowls at the two sixes. "Bet I'll need those later." He tosses the three dice for his third and final roll. :6: :6: :2:

"Well. Ships out my arse but only one Captain and no crew. Better luck next time, eh?" He slides the dice over to the next player.

Fury definitely looks twice at the beauty that enters the Dunn Wright Inn. Smiling over at the woman he says, "We've only just gotten started if you want to join us."

[sblock=Fury's Gambling Stats]5 gp ante'd[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Jangles the Gambler

OOC: Odds are 54% in favor of scoring a cargo, btw

Jangles.jpg

Jangles takes the dice and shakes them in his hands, "Tough luck, gents. Perhaps I will take this round."

He blows on the dice for luck and rolls them tumbling into the center of the table. The first roll comes up with nothing usable and Jangles repeats his ritual for his second throw and gets a much better result, "Well, that's a good roll. Good chance to score, eh?"

Setting aside the 6 and the 5, he rolls the other three dice for his third roll. Smiling, he says, "Well, that's the Point, eight for my cargo. Your turn, Hammer."

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
After Fury catches her eye and invites her to the game, Anna pushes out her chair and walks over to their table.

Nodding to each in turn, she introduces herself.

"Anna Belacqua at your service. I'm afraid I've no knowledge of the game so I'm afraid you would have me at a disadvantage, but if you explain how to play I'll try my best."

She looks about the table at the gathered faces and the ongoing game, before pulling out a chair and sitting down, still sipping her wine.

Remove ads