[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
Recruting starting for a Run Away

Not a moment passes when the door to the inn opens, and a blond half elf walks in. Maria, finished serving Thuvian, looks up and says "The usual Dellrian?"

"Thanks Maria, that would be wonderful." Dellrian looks around to those patrons still in the tavern and says "I have work for those that are interested. I have lost something most precious to me, and I would like assistance in retrieving it. While I can not offer much, it would mean a lot to me if you can help me out. I'll be over in the corner there if you wish to know more."

He walks over to the corner, not far from a table with a slowly fading red hand on it.

OOC: Recruitment Started for Run Away, a short adventure for levels 1-2. Link to Adventure thread.

Drakhar

First Post
Xerik, Tiefling Rogue

Xerik slips through the door to the inn and gives the room a quick once over, noticing the obvious entrances and exits should the need arise to make a quick escape. Noticing an empty space at the counter he quietly makes his way over and takes a seat at the counter, removing his hat and placing it down in front of him. "Welcome stranger, what can I get for you?"

"Information mostly, I'm in between jobs at the moment, and looking for work." Judging from his attire and weaponry, Maria quickly surmises that he's an adventurer of some sort and motions over to the blonde half elf sitting in the corner. "Dellrian over there might be able to help you."

Xerik nods in thanks and puts his hat back on before rising and making his way over to the half-elf. "Greetings sir, my name is Xerik, and the lady at the bar mentioned you might have some work?"

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera, Tiefling Ranger

Thiera looks up as she catches Dellrian's offer. She thinks back to the meager coin that she has left from the last batch of furs and artifacts she managed to sell and decides that she should see if her services are needed. She stands up and stretches, leaving her mug and some of her last precious coins on the table as she walks over to the corner where Dellrian is waiting.

"I'm Thiera. I'm interested in the job you're offering. When does it start and how much does it pay?" she says gruffly and abruptly, with arms crossed over her breasts. She doesn't offer to shake his hand.

OOC: I'm not completely sure what I need to do to join the adventure as this will be my first one. Do I need to go post in the adventure thread as well?

jackslate45

First Post
Dellrian rises to shake Xerik's hand, if offered to him. He offers it also to Thiera, but is promptly refused. He smiles anyway and gestures towards the two seats in front of him, saying "Well met Xerik, Thiera. Straight to business? Well I appreciate the enthusiasm, have a drink on my behalf. I will explain everything once you have something. I find that moving straight to business leaves an unpleasant taste in your food. Speaking of which..."

The plate of frog leg soup he ordered was just brought over. He looks excitedly at in and says "Let me tell you a little about myself..."

OOC:
[MENTION=6687941]mazzoli[/MENTION] Correct. You have your recruitment done in here, but once accepted you generally actually role-play in the game thread.

sunshadow21

Explorer
After considering his prospective employer from a distance, and a short conversation between him and a snake that sticks her head out of one of his pockets, Thuvian picks up his plate, and joins the man at his table.

OOC: exiting this thread for the game thread. This is going to be interesting, as all three characters are tieflings.

Qik

First Post
A wild-haired, purple-skinned gnome comes tromping through the door of the inn, giddy in the wake of the evening's excitement. Bouncing over to the bar, Ni takes place at a stool and orders the largest mug of beer he can get his hands on, in "an attempt to work on my beard."

As he sips the mug with two hands, he spies the tieflings gathering. "Huh - wonder what that's all about?"
OOC: Not sure if there's space to join jackslate's little outing, if we're to wait for sunshadow's adventure, or if something else'll come up.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Unsummoned
HP:11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
OOC: That's kind of what I figured, which is fine by me; take you time.

In that case, I'd love to throw in the hat with [MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION], if there's room for Ni. He's a 2nd level master summoner - ~350 XP from 3rd, but I'm happy to hold off leveling to maintain balance.

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

A blue demoness in a sky blue cloak enters the Inn, her tail swishing as she walks, but staff are not startled, as she has been here before. "Marla dear, some wine and a plate of fruit and cheese please. And who would be the lucky employer today?" "Dellrian is the latest in need." as she points to the half elf seated with a few tieflings. She recognizes Thuvian at the table, but not the other two. Looking around the bar, "Ah, there's my chair." Grabbing the heavy chair and bringing it to the red hand table, "May I?", waiting for an acknowledgement before sitting, "Marla says you are in need. Tell me what Tanager and I can do for you. I have worked with this one" nodding to Thuvian, "and the purple one at the bar before."

Qik

First Post
The acknowledgment from Arianna is all the invitation Ni needs to join the group. Hopping off his stool whilst holding his oversized mug aloft in both hands, Ni navigates his way over to the table and perches himself on an empty chair.

"Aye, we've worked together before, her and I and her living-suit-companion. She's got some fancy stuff, that Arianna; she's got some maneuvers, hurr aye. So what are you gentleman talking about over here, anyway?"

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Unsummoned