Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer
A young man clad in noble garments enters the room. He seems a bit pale but not unhealthy. He looks about for a moment and then approaches the bar. He sits down next to the robed jadite Sheng and turns to him.

You seem like a powerful soul, are you willing to take a risk for big rewards. My name is Ed and I am looking for Isabelle, my lost love.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The barkeeper comes hastily with the ordered food. Sheng pays and goes to sit again in his chair, ceremoniously placing his bowl of rise and his wine on it, and proceeding to eat with as much ceremony.

Voda Vosa

First Post
As the man approaches him, Sheng raises his gaze from his meal. "I am all what you say. I'm impressed, my reputation walks far ahead of me." taking a time to finish his meal, Sheng invites the man to his table. "Sit, and do tale about your problem, I'm sure we can come to an agreement: Big rewards are always welcome in my table."

johnmeier1

Explorer
The man slides a tied scroll and small leather pouch across the table to Sheng. Here is a taste of the rewards you will receive and the... method to reach Isabelle. She was taken off by enemies of my family and they are ruthless. At least I know that she is alive, though only recently. There are others seeking her for her parents sake, but they would only keep her prisoner again. The others will help you to rescue here, but you must plead my case. At least let me convince them to free her afterwards.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I see." Sheng studies the scroll for a wile. "I am to obliterate your enemies and rescue your beloved yes? These... others who seek her, I'm assuming they are, in bold terms, expendable? Perhaps, if I could get to her by normal means, I could use such a scroll to teleport back to you with your woman. Unless you have another one. That would be handy. If not then, how would I contact you when I have performed my duty?"

johnmeier1

Explorer
The destination is Allaria, the "near" isle is too far by boat for you to accomplish this task. However passage aboard a ship on return is assured, as I will greet you at the small port of Shule.

The young man seems wise beyond his apparent years.

I have no love of those who seek her, but as they will aid in her rescue you should seek their help. They know of me and I believe do not like me, but I have nothing but eternal love for Isabelle.

He gestures to the scroll. This will take you to a place of power, which will be near those that have my dearest. There is not much habitation in the area, so you will be easily able to seek them out.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Very well then" Sheng stands, takes the scroll and unfolds it. "We will meet in Shule, dear sir. Allow me to have your name, and I will depart now."

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Clear that the show is over, Karma looks back towards the congregation now at the bar. He is clearly enjoying the chance to observe so many exotic people. He resumes his polite and reserved examination of his fellows at the bar. While slowly stirring his wine, in a way that shows all attention is elsewhere.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases