WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
You need not take one deity the church you represent could be of all eight. If you are good (LG,CG,NG) then the followers thank them for everything they provide. You could be a hunter for those who pervert the testments of this. It depends on your alignment.

If you wish to worship one god then you would:

1) Chose a character alignment
2) Chose a deity
3) Decide what your alignment says about your deities aspect.
4) What domains fit
5) Pick a weapon that fits
6) Name this new church/cult

Example:
1) Lawful Evil
2) Davendithas
3) That knowledge is only for those who deserve it. You should work to gain the knowledge you acquire and use any means to do so. You shouldn't give "free" knowledge. Knowledge should be hidden and earned.
4) Knowledge, Trickery, Rune, Law
5) Dagger
6) Protector's of the Blank Book

Have fun, ;)

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That correct WD and if the occupation doesn't allow for a bonus feat you get to choose a free +2/+2 feat.

Will be getting an IC set up let's say end of the month, two weeks. You should decide if anyone knows anyone else or are you all strangers to each other. I would think Shade would be anti-social but the rest you can decide if you know one or more other characters.

HM

Songdragon

Explorer
For the pantheon... while simple, it is also complicated. I already had the joys of making up a pantheon of Living Pathfinder here (no it was not too hard). Would using something like the gods from the pathfinder book not work at all? I kinda just went with Toarg, which I believe was mentioned in the basics of Marda Hammerstar's background. Even went for that theme on the webpage I did up... Marda's Webpage.

I think most of the character is done. I have to decide where to put a skill rank (if I want linguistics or not) and if there was anything better than Selective Channeling (all the feats I want require a +1 bab). Although I have not read the PFAPG, the Holy Vindicator mentioned, seems a possibility down the road.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great little character sheet Songdragon, :D

I don't see anything complicated at all just change the name from Torag to Hortumal. That's it.

You can have all the same portfolios and just RP it as the god's aspect of creating to build arms and armor(forge), walls and battlements(protection), catapults and ballistas(stragety).

Fleshing out of all this can be done as we play not need right away unless someone makes a Knowledge(reilgion) skill check at DC30. :p If that happens we may need to think as few things up LOL.

EDIT: opps feat want to tell you to look into Shield Focus (+1 AC with a shield)

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Just a note - Heirloom Weapon has +1 MW bonus to attack roll AND +1 Trait bonus to attack roll. Shade has taken this feat, and only listed the +1 MW quality, not the +1 trait as well.

ON that note, for Heirloom weapons, which is what I am leaning towards, are we going to be able to enhance them? Such as pay to get them +1 later on, add magical qualities, etc? I can understand the downtime it would take, and that perhaps the heirloom weapon would have to be left at the 'shop' for some time while it is being 'worked on', but if possible, then it's worth it to me.

I also agree with songdragon. The deity concept is nice, but a little hard for an Inquisitor to wrap his head around. He follows his Deity's faiths, and is out to punish those that go against them. If a deity is able to cover all aspects of the alignment paths, then there is no real 'going against' his deity's faith...

Trying to come up with a way to cover this, still thinking...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Enchanting weapons could be done and your right about the downtime but we can work on all that. You will end up in a mage's school (I think adventure #3) so could be done there.

You need only worry about your chosen path. Say you choose Zinnastine(weather) you are Good and follow the way that weather provides for the harvest, or winds to let ships transport goods, and the like. Then you need only worry about those that also follow this path and try to make the weather do as they wish when they wish, though what they want is good the way they are going about it is an afront to your faith.

So just keep in the circle. Although it maybe hard for you to do alot of evil routing out as this campaign doesn't deal with religions much (so I will work on side quests if you like).

Also I am learning this is a High Magic world, floating ships, teleporting armies, etc. So be prepared for alot of magic to be around.

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, sounds feasible. I think I can create a 'Following' of a chosen deity and go from there. As fro the routing out of evil, I think I can manage to simply find some way of deeming our main foes as corruptors of his faith in some way.

Here goes:
Option 1
1) Chose a character alignment - Choatic Good
2) Chose a deity - Zinnastine
3) Decide what your alignment says about your deities aspect. - Weather the storms, for they will judge the worthy. The unworthy will feel the wrath of the gods while the worthy will find nature's blessing.
4) What domains fit - Air, Healing, Plant, Sun, Water, Weather
5) Pick a weapon that fits - Trident (Seriously, how often do you see a Trident being used? Longspear or Spear would work as well, considering he would be using Storms, which would eventually call down lightning)
6) Name this new church/cult - The Tempests Order
7) Domain would be Weather - Gain Storm Burst and at 8th level gain Lightning Lord (Both offensive ranged attacks dealing with bringing down the wrath of the gods onto foes)

Option 2
1) Chose a character alignment - Neutral Good
2) Chose a deity - Gracenys
3) Decide what your alignment says about your deities aspect. - Leadership is worthless without those who follow. Teach, so that you may learn. Learn, so that you may teach others.
4) What domains fit - Community, Glory, Good, Knowledge, Nobility, Protection, Strength
5) Pick a weapon that fits - Longsword? ( No idea really on this one... )
6) Name this new church/cult - The Guiding Hand
7) Domain would be Nobility: Grants Inspiring Word, and at 8th level gain Leadership with +2 bonus to Leadership Score (Not sure if Leadership would be a feat worth taking in this type of campaign, but can't hurt with asking)

At least I have it narrowed down to only 2 Domains now...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmm I saw a trident here :blush:

For the first spear sounds good but also warhammer (thunder), javelins (usually a secondary weapon but for this they would look like lightning bolts), ranseur (tridentish), sword, two-bladed (wrath of the tempest as you whirl it around.

the second, morning star (justice bringer), shield (people's protector), any standard bladed would fit as a weapon of the common people, as would crossbows and halberds. for exotic a bastard sword if following means your church believes in the dual nature to rule over justly but firmly.

Your build think of what you wish to play and then use the guidelines to help bring it about.

HM

Remove ads