WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Songdragon

Explorer
Heya HM. Sorry I have not finalized the character concept. It has been blistering hot (Was 39°C/102°F) out of late and save the mornings or evenings I have tried to keep the computer off. I had considered going with Gracenys and doing a nobility/travel domains, but our inquisitor has taken the good. Not saying we cannot work together and the like. I will make a decision here and have things done for tomorrow morning.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Remember, I had two choices, and either one will work wonders for me. If you want to Nobility, then go for it. I am not too keen on the Leadership feat given at level 8, as I don't think it would benefit him too well. But you on the other hand - I think it would go well with the Dwarven Cleric.

I can alter my character to go with a different Domain, no problem! Glad someone is taking Nobility though, which makes it good on everyone else, as they are able to buff at range of 30'.

Let me know what you think.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now that's what I like to see in some party building. :p thanks FtF

A note that if you don't know but I'm sure you all do sblocks are not working so please edit your characters and take the / out of your /sblock so they can be gone over easily and you can add it back once things are fixed.

HM

Songdragon

Explorer
FtF... If you are sure, I could work with that. I considered Rulership with nobility, being a diplomat, which says something to the effect of being a noble, which I was going to work with.

Also, I have access to an Advanced Player's Guide. For the inquistor's domains, and for clerics mainly, the domains have options for sub domains that work off of the main domain. What they do is you switch out the abilities of the domain for the one listed in the subdomain as well as the different spells offered.

Example being Martyr off of the Nobility Domain. It changes the 8th level ability to Sacrificial Bond (which lets you take all the damage an ally in 30ft was going to take. 1/day (2 at 14, 3 at 20). And changes the spells. 2nd level with shield other and 6th level sacrificial oath (which is a spell in the book). (I might consider the subdomain myself)

If you are interested in a particular domain, I can let you know what a few of the subdomains are. That is if HM approves.

I am glad that sblocks not working was not just me. Sucks they are not working though.

Songdragon

Explorer
(PM back at you FtF)

Here is what I have done for deity stuff...

1) Lawful Good
2) Gracenyes
3) Lead by example. Travel amongst the people, deal with them fairly and with respect. Protect them from evil in it's many forms.
4) Community, Glory, Good, Nobility, Protection
5) Scepter (heavy mace)
6) The Guiding Way

I really wanted Travel... but it just did not fit. 30ft in heavy armor would have rocked. Oh well, RP over maxing out crunchy goodness... sometimes ;)

I went with Nobility (Martyr subdomain) and Glory (Heroism subdomain)

Marda is now posted: Marda's Stats

I am working on part of her background with FtF.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Heads up everyone in this game! I am off to dinner and a movie (or gf will kill me). Then as I am caught up in all other threads I will be coming back and starting character checking. But as i don;t have an APG it will be limited.

Will work on characters and getting an IC up this weekend if everyone is up for that. :D

Oh drat forgot my important post/discussion. Let me do that now.

IMPORTANT:

As I have been reading this adventure and the campaign guide it has accured to me that each adventure is a series of goals the PC's must complete, and not even in order.

So I was thinking that I will be taking out XP from the equation of this game. You will be given a goal and when it is complete you will level up. This will eliminate the need for alot of the "filler encounters" that are needed to give a character the experience they would need normally, but only slow down PbP. So will be keeping the major story encounters and dropping a few of the others here and there.

The first adventure should get you to about lvl 3 so there will be two goals during the game complete them for lvl ups and don't worry about treasure. Perhaps an encounter will have more than normal or you will find a hidden stash of items from the encounters you didn't have (to keep it even). I could play the game encounter by encounter, spot by spot, but it would take us about 20 years. LOL

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sounds good to me. Modules/pre-set storylines tend to include extra fights, either for drama or XP padding. And, like you said, that slows down PbP even more.

The "goal system" (for lack of a better term) seems okay. Are you planning for the level-ups to occur in the middle of action, or just once we complete the given goals? Treasure will be trickier, no doubt, but I think we will manage. We're mostly casters, so we can use spells to boost ourselves (if need be). My Summoner will definitely focus on buff spells.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It will depend on the goal, I think this first module is suppose to take like one night to complete (in game time). So just a little twiking and we should be fine.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
RED INK TIME

Sorry FTF you are up first.

[sblock=Aaron Human Inquisitor]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Human
Class: Inquisitor
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common
Deity: Gracenys[/sblock]

[sblock=Abilities]
Code:
Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int:  8 (-1)
Wis: 17 (+3) (+2 Racial)
Cha: 11 (+0)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Code:
HP: 12 = [1d8 + 3] + 1 (FC)
AC: 17 = 10 + 4 (armor) + 0 (shield) + 3 (DEX),
AT: 13 = 10 + 3 (DEX)
AF: 14 = 10 + 4 (armor) + 0 (shield)
INIT: +3 = +3 (DEX)
BAB: +0 = +0 (INQ)
CMB: +2 = +2 (STR) + 0 (BAB)
CMD: 15 = 10 + 2 (STR) + 3 (DEX) + 0 (BAB)
FOR: +5 = +2 (base) + 3 (stat)
REF: +3 = +0 (base) + 3 (stat)
WIL: +5 = +2 (base) + 3 (stat)
Speed: 30'
Damage Reduction: 0
Spell Resistance: 0

First a question: Why is everything in code blocks??

[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Melee +2
Ranged +3
Bastard Sword: +4 = +0(BAB) +2(STR) +2(MW/TRT)/ DMG = 1d10+2(S), CRIT 19-20x2 no shield so you could use two handed uping damage to 1d10+3
Silver Short Sword:+4 +2= +0(BAB) +2(STR) +0(MISC)/ DMG = 1d6+2(S), CRIT 19-20x2
Spiked Gauntlet: +2 = +0(BAB) +2(STR) +0(MISC)/ DMG = 1d4+2(P), CRIT 20x2
Dagger (melee): +2 = +0(BAB) +2(STR) +0(MISC)/ DMG = 1d4+2(P), CRIT 19-20x2
Dagger (R:10'): +3 = +0(BAB) +3(DEX) +0(MISC)/ DMG = 1d3+2(P), dmg= 1d4+2 CRIT 19-20x2

There no code block that is better.[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]+2 to any stat (WIS), Medium Size, 30' movement, Bonus 1st level feat, +1 Skill rank each level[/sblock]
[sblock=Inquisitor Features]Class Proficiencies
Simple Weapons plus the hand crossbow, longbow, repeating crossbow, shortbow, and the favored weapon of their deity(Bastard Sword). Light Armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Spells Known-
Orisons- (Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic)
1 - (Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith)
Spells per Day "_" equals unused slot, "X" equals used spell slot
1 - (_)(_)

Domain - Nobility
Inspiring Word(Sp)- 6/day: Standard Action, creature within 30' gains +2 morale bonus to attack, skill check, ability check and saving rolls for (1/2 Class Level, Min 1) rounds. Usable 3+(WIS modifier) times per day.
Does this ability say anything about a person only gaining the benefits once per day or some such? Just hard for me to check all this just yet.

Judgment- 1/day, Swift Action to start and switch in combat, lasts until end of combat
(Can not be frightened, panicked, paralyzed, stunned, or unconscious, or prevented from combat)
Code:
[B]Destruction[/B]
+1 Sacred Bonus to Damage Rolls, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Healing[/B]
Fast Healing 1, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Justice[/B]
+1 Sacred Bonus to Attack Rolls, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Piercing[/B]
+1 Sacred Bonus to Concentration Checks vs SR, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Protection[/B]
+1 Sacred Bonus to AC, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Purity[/B]
+1 Sacred Bonus to Saving Throws, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Resiliency[/B]
Damage Reduction 1/Magic, +1 per round, Max +3
[B]Resistance[/B]
2 Points Energy Resistance
(Cold, Fire, Acid, Electricity, or Sonic), +2 per round, Max +6
[B]Smiting[/B]
First Round = Nothing
Second Round = Weapons count as Magic vs DR
Third Round = Weapons count as one alignment type vs DR
Monster Lore
Add WIS modifier to Knowledge skill check to identify abilities and weaknesses of creatures

Stern Gaze
+1/2 Inquisitor Level (Min +1) Morale Bonus to Intimidate and Sense Motive
240gp[/sblock][sblock=Occupation]Noble Warrior
Low ranking noble born of privilege.
+1 Competence bonus to Sense Motive
Bonus Feat = Martial Weapon Proficiency 160gp[/sblock][sblock=Feats]Martial Weapon Proficiency (Occupation)(please list what weapon, I'm thinking short sword but that is a guess)
Combat Reflexes - Additional AoO's for Dex Modifier (4 AoO's/day)should be 4AoO/round
Bodyguard - If adjacent ally attacked, use AoO vs foe for Aid Another for +2AC to Ally need full description of this feat but I like it so far[/sblock][sblock=Traits]Heirloom Weapon - Bastard Sword - MW and +1 Trait bonus on Attack Rolls
Armor Expert - Armor Check Penalty reduced by 1 will take your word for it [/sblock][sblock=Skills]Skill Ranks: 6
Max Ranks: 1 ACP: -1
Code:
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total [COLOR=red][B]Missing Class Skill[/B][/COLOR]
Bluff                      0    +0    +0    +0
Climb                      0    +2    -1    +1
Craft(??)                  0    -1    +0    -1
Diplomacy                  0    +0    +0    +0
Disguise                   0    +0    +0    +0
Heal                       1    +3    +3    +7
Jump                       0    +2    -1    +1
Intimidate                 0    +0    +1    +1
Knowledge (Arcana)         1    -1    +3    +3/+6
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)  0    -1    +0    -1/+2
Knowledge (Nature)         0    -1    +0    -1/+2
Knowledge (Planes)         0    -1    +0    -1/+2
Knowledge (Religion)       1    -1    +3    +3/+6
Perception                 1    +3    +3    +7
Profession (??)            0    +3    +0    +3
Ride                       0    +3    -1    +2
Sense Motive               1    +3    +5    +9
Spellcraft                 0    -1    +0    -1
Stealth                    0    +3    -1    +2
Survival                   1    +3    +3    +7
Swim                       0    +2    -1    +1

Better if you list them like this:
Sense Motive +9 = +1 (ranks) +3 (WIS) +3 (class skill) +1(stern gaze) +1 (oocupation) and you only need list those skills you have a rank in.
[/sblock][sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                    Cost(gp)      Weight (lbs)
[B]WORN[/B]
Explorers Outfit (Free)         0              0
Silver Holy Symbol             25              1
Chain Shirt                   100             25
MW Bastard Sword (Heirloom)    35              6
Spiked Gauntlet                 5              1
Cold Iron Dagger                4              1
Silver Short Sword             30              2
Signal Whistle                  .8             0
Signet Ring                     5              0
Spell Component Pouch           5              2

[B]Scroll Case[/B]                     1              .5
Cure Light Wounds              25              0

[B]MW Backpack[/B] [COLOR=red][B]??[/B][/COLOR]                50              4
Flint & Steel                   1              0
Waterskin                       1              4
Weapon Cordx5                   .5             0
Whetstone                       .02            2
Silk Rope                      10              5
Portrait Book                  10              3
Ink                             8              0
Inkpen                          .1             0

[B]Belt Pouch[/B]                      1              .5
Chalk x5 (colored)              .05            0
Have not done the numbers for equipment I hate math. Will check later.
Treasure: 81gp, 5sp, 3cp Gems:
Total weight carried: 57
Maximum weight possible:
Light Load Max = 58 lbs 66* ??
Medium Load Max= 116 lbs 133* ??
Heavy Load Max = 175 lbs 200* ??
Lift off Ground = 350 lbs
Overhead = 175 lbs
Drag = 875 lbs[/sblock][sblock=Portrait]
Aaron.jpg

GREAT PIC BTW[/sblock][sblock=Details]Size: Medium
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 176lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Fair
Appearance: ...
Deamenaor: TBD[/sblock][sblock=Background]... [/sblock][sblock=Adventure Log] None yet[/sblock][sblock=Level Ups] N/A only first level[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads