The Hexblade (Essentials Warlock) is up!

Obryn

Hero
OK. Same HPs and whatnot.

Up to chain armor, and proficiency in military melee weapons.

They have basically Eldritch Blast; the Eldritch Bolt power is barely changed, other than it's Charisma-only. It also does Force damage.

Still have no choice in At-Wills. They get Eldritch Bolt + Pact Power.

Pact Weapon is weird. Not sure about it yet. It's basically a free magic weapon, if I'm reading it right. This one has similarities to Greataxe, but it's 1-handed and doesn't have High Crit.

They still use Rods, so we can now expect a Rod Expertise feat.

Aha! Lots of Weapon + Implement keywords, so that's probably how they'll bypass the Weapliment Tax... It means we'll probably leave Swordmages hurting, though.

...and holy crap! They get a serious Striker boost of Con Modifier damage with Warlock attacks, which scales at the 5's.

And summoning! Hey there! Kind of a dearth of Encounter powers, though.

Looks neat; I can't wait to know more.

-O

zoroaster100

First Post
The class may be interesting to play. I'd have to see more information. The "solution" of having the hexblade carry around an implement in one hand and manifest a weapon in the other hand seems kind of inelegant in terms of design. But the class may still be fun to play depending on what the powers look like.

fuzzlewump

First Post
[MENTION=11821]Obryn[/MENTION]

The Pact weapon doesn't appear to be magical, it's stated to use the enhancement bonus of the implement you are using.

I don't like the Infernal at-will. Necrotic damage has to be one of the worst damage types to deal; very few things are vulnerable (are any?) and tons of things are resistant (any undead.) If it was fire and necrotic then we can talk. Also, the rider seems kind of bland. Would have preferred something more thematic to hell and stuff. The general concepts, though, I like.

mkill

Adventurer
If infernal pact is Cha + Con and fey pact is Cha + Dex, then it doesn't take much speculation to see Tiefling as Cha + Con/Int and Half-Elf as Cha + Con/Dex.

I was really hopeing for a daily weapon attack to steal for my darksun lock. (mule with 18 con sorcerer king pact/templar theme) but even with that disapointment I still love the articale.

So soul knives are back, but arcane instead of psionic...

Remove ads