PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis eyes the man, holding his glaive ready, but not quite threatening. "Identify yourself," he says. "Who are you, and how did you get here."

IronWolf

blank
"I am Taron Sanvin"" the man replies, his hands still away from his weapons. "I feared myself alone on this island as the ship I sailed with lost its course and fell victim to violent storms." Glancing out to sea, Taron looke back at the glaive holding figure before him. "Though I see no ship of yours either."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa looks toward the direction Abraxis directs his speech and watches the newcomer approach.

Sense Motive Roll:

OOC - Mike, are all the other players gone? On OP, I see only Lerissa, Rhun and Iron Wolf.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC:

Yep - just the three of you. HM left the boards with just a status change to let us know, and hasn't responded to e-mail or to PM's either here or on OP, so I recruited IronWolf to replace him. Scott tells me renau1g was in an auto accident; I've not had any word from him either, but I'm going to keep Auron in limbo in case he makes a return.

On the Sense Motive check - Lerissa's going to need more than a glimpse of the man in the moonlight and the one or two statements to get a sense of his trustworthiness.

Core Rulebook (pg 104) said:
Trying to gain information with Sense Motive generally takes at least 1 minute, and you could spend a whole evening trying to get a sense of the people around you.

She's getting a decent read on Sasha because she's spent a few days in very trying circumstances with her. Not to worry, though . . . at 5th level she'll be able to discern lies as an immediate action (only one person per round, though).

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
OOC - OK, for some reason, I was thinking Scott of Leif were in this game.

Thanks for the heads up on sense motive. I'll endeavor to use it more appropriately.

Rhun

First Post
"I am Taron Sanvin"" the man replies, his hands still away from his weapons. "I feared myself alone on this island as the ship I sailed with lost its course and fell victim to violent storms." Glancing out to sea, Taron looke back at the glaive holding figure before him. "Though I see no ship of yours either."

"Indeed," answers Abraxis. "It seems we find ourselves in much the same situation, as our ship too now rests beneath the waves." Abraxis twirls his glaive and plants the butt of the haft in the ground. He then gestures toward the campfire. "Come, warm yourself, and we can talk. How long have you been stranded here, Taron Sanvin?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Not sure how long you guys want to spend on RPing this meeting, but this looks to be a leisurely game. I'm in no hurry to advance the story by sacrificing role-play; so long as there's a reasonably steady post rate I'm happy whether it's role play, plot development or combat.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Taron walks with the very slight hint of a limp as he favors one leg slightly as he moves towards the campfire. He settles in near the fire, holding his hands out to warm them from the welcome flames.

"I believe I have been on the island for near a month gauging the passing of the moon by my count. My leg was injured during the wreck and was unable to move far at all. I spent most of my time near where you found me." Taron replies. My god felt fit to sustain me, but appears to have felt letting my wounds heal on their own would give me perspective. For the nourishment I was thankful."

[sblock=OOC]
I totally missed Rhun's response on the 19th. Sorry about that, I am wondering if it happened when the subscriptions were going through their marking everything as read randomly phase. I normally don't have this much time pass between posts as I try to not be a blocker in a game.

Feel free to @ mention me if you ever think I have been away from a thread longer than ordinary - which in my case is probably anything over 48 hours if I haven't posted a note regarding an absence from the boards longer than that.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
The silvery-platinum haired man nods. "I am Abraxis Hellis. And you've certainly done well in surviving for a moon's turn. This island does not seem to be particularly friendly." The golden irises of Abraxis' eyes focus intently on the newcomer, as if peering into Taron's very soul.

OOC: Detect Evil on Taron, just to be safe. :)

IronWolf

blank
"A pleasure to meet you Abraxis Hellis." Taron replies from his place near the fire. "That seemed quite the exchange on the beach I just witnessed. A ghost from another wreck?"

Remove ads