Yes it's ANOTHER rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DireWereTeddy

First Post
I'm not going to say much. I really don't have much to say. I'm at the point in my life where I don't want to get involved in OOC drama and arguing.

I can't say why they attack was ignored. Perhaps the completely missed the post. I've done that before. But I will say this. If my character is attacked and I don't know you and you haven't PMed me to ask if that is okay, then I am very likely to ignore the attack. If you're not going to respect me by asking before hand, then why should I respond? It's not quite that cut and dry, but it's my general stance on the issue.

And as to new characters getting ignored, it's a two way street. I've seen characters sitting the tavern, yawning and making snide comments about being bored, but doing nothing to interact with anyone else. Just like real life, you have to make an effort as well. Ceres doesn't approach every unfamiliar face. In fact, he's inclined not to unless something catches his attention. That said, he's very friendly and welcome to people he doesn't know approaching him. It goes two ways. You can't complain about your new character being ignored if they're not making an effort to interact.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying anyone who's posted is guilty of that. I honestly only skimmed the posts. It's just something I've noticed during most of my time here, and my wife, who is very new here, has also noticed.

Bari

First Post
I don't think that warning you of an attack has nothing to do with respect. I don't ask you before any non-combat interaction and I might rob you of your time with chit-chat if you were talking to someone else, and that isn't disrespectul either, is it? It -might- (on counted and specific cases) not be uber and extremely polite, but it's not irrespectful. That's why most chat rooms are public, there's to be some spontaneity on RP.

Ruthia

First Post
How come I get the feeling what I said got taken out of context. Meh whateva :lol:

annyywaayyss Though I do not RP here anymore I do poke in occasionally to see if anything's going on, or to see if my favorite people are around ((Yes Bari I do actually mean you on that one. And I agree, I like icecream too!))

So back to the topic. Honestly everyone's right cause in all honesty can anyone BE WRONG? As long as the interaction did not break CoC or FoD then it's all good. Ignored interaction or used one, either way it was an attempt by someone to draw a crowd. As long as your character is not all "RAWR I Shoot you with an arrow and you exploded into a million pieces because I am SOOOO awesome!" Then does it really matter? Nope, not in the slightest. :D

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I have not much to say. I've read it, sure. But at the end of the day, people choose not to play with (or indeed to play with) whoever they so desire. It can be based on prior friendships and hatreds, can be as shallow as them having an off day, as pointless as irritation, as noble as ignorance.

If you dont like how you're being treated (or your character is treated) then find someone just right who will justify your effort. (And if you cant do that, then play with yourself)...pun intended.

Not that what I say matters much, since my play time (on here anyways) no longer exists.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
You know what my rant is? My rant is the despicable behavior of players on-site OOC. I'm tired of the continual battery of players by other players by bullying. ISRP is a website and in all essence a game. There shouldn't be threats of ruining people's real-life relationships and mass gossip that is hurtful and menacing among players. The elitist attitude of a few is despicable and people need to realize that anyone is free to RP on ISRP, that it isn't a personal play ground for a few.

Dontella

First Post
You know what my rant is? My rant is the despicable behavior of players on-site OOC. I'm tired of the continual battery of players by other players by bullying. ISRP is a website and in all essence a game. There shouldn't be threats of ruining people's real-life relationships and mass gossip that is hurtful and menacing among players. The elitist attitude of a few is despicable and people need to realize that anyone is free to RP on ISRP, that it isn't a personal play ground for a few.

*Snip*

If these things are happening on ISRP, I would suggest taking Screen Captures of the instances. Sending these, along with dates and times for logs, will allow the Magi to review such events and make a decision as to how to deal with such things.

Placing rants on a forum, for anything including what this topic originally started, is not a way to resolve the problem. All it does it continue to promote the feelings of discontent, while indulging in a session of finger-pointing.

Last edited:

Black Fox

First Post
What irks me is the rumors spread when people don't understand or witness the story. Both parties that are either involved spread the rumors, or something happens where someone is confronted and asked questions answers them. THEN people spread rumors what a B%tch they are etc. This site is like highschool at times, majority if not everyone (myself too) have that ego that they are AWESOME! Or that they need to insert their awesome in your face every second that they can, or try to sneak into your storyline and swap it around from what your-and friends had planned. That's what makes me want to go on an all out nerd-rampage.

Last edited:

Hrrrrm except you have people who usually do it off site or the sort. Gossip mongers and drama starters have grown more clever in the past few years. Unless it's something on site, it's easy to say that whatever proof has been shown could be fabricated.

I've known people on this site who are so damn cowardly, they plead to be known as someone else, just cause their name is synonymous with drama. I don't know why we all just can't play and get along. There are just some people who -need- to make people feel like crap so that they don't feel like it themselves.

By the by, I personally want to make sure everyone KNOWS that I am both, a) awesome, and b) not kidding.

;)

Black Fox

First Post
There will always be drama and gossip anywhere you go, even in holy praised church. Oh Lardy! I've heard all that from neighbors before; offsite, on site, on msn it's always there. Those that plead to be someone else well let them, what can you do about it? They don't want to have rumors that were passed around brought up to a player, or they don't want to be asked about, "Did you do this or this, or where you part of that?" all in the players preference of what they go by. Majority of all who rp with me and know me OOC know my temper is short, I play to many sports, and eat like it's my last meal lol.

But again, drama is everywhere, rumors are easy to twist around to make the other party look bad. This site is almost like highschool for characters, now time to figure out what clique Fox is in lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads