Converting Epic Level Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I guess either 10 minutes or an hour would work. What about each time Andromidus "restarts" the ability?

freyar

I'd be ok with the hour use limit and hour immunity, but then we should perhaps give the ability a duration of a bit less than an hour, too, right?

Cleon

Legend
I'd be ok with the hour use limit and hour immunity, but then we should perhaps give the ability a duration of a bit less than an hour, too, right?

We've currently got a duration of Concentration, which I'm quite happy with.

How about these modifications to the Mist of Dreams rough draft:

Mist of Dreams (Su): Once per hour, Andromidus can produce a zone of gray mist that can trap creatures within phantasms of anything that the titan imagines. This mist emanates from Andromidus up to a maximum radius of 500 feet, and Andromidus can form it into any shape he desires provided the mist is continuous and remains in contact with his body. He can reshape the mist as a free action.

Any creature who sees or enters the mist must succeed at a DC X Will save. If they make the save, they see the gray mist as a slight miasma so thin it only offers concealment to creatures or objects more than 100 feet away. Creatures that successfully save are immune to the effects of the mist for 1 hour.

There are several ways to escape the mist of dreams. Firstly, Andromidus may simply release them. Secondly, the titan must concentrate to maintain the illusion, so if his concentration is broken the mist will vanish and free all the trapped creatures. Thirdly, a creature who realizes they are trapped in an illusion may escape from it by succeeding on a DC X Will save. However, they may only attempt the save once every Y minutes or whenever Andromidus replaces a dream-world with a new one. Finally, a freedom spell can liberate a creature trapped in the mist.

Cleon

Legend
Once per hour is ok with me.

Updating the Andromidus Working Draft.

The Mist of Dreams ability still has an X, Y and Z for the save DC, delay between saves, and racial bonus to the save.

Once we decide what Z racial bonus, if any, Andromidus has for his Mist of Dreams ability the X will fall out. I'm thinking +5 or nothing.

As for the "once every Y minutes" I'm thinking either 10 minutes or make it a nice round hour like the other time periods the power uses.

freyar

Let's see, the saving throw DC would be 40 even without a bonus. That's probably enough, right? So Z=0, I guess, though I don't mind Z=5 if anyone particularly cares.

Y=hour I think.

Cleon

Legend
Let's see, the saving throw DC would be 40 even without a bonus. That's probably enough, right? So Z=0, I guess, though I don't mind Z=5 if anyone particularly cares.

I vaguely remember us talking about the possibility of giving him a generous racial bonus to illusion powers, which'd presumably apply to his Mist of Dreams power too.

Y=hour I think.

Yes, I was leaning towards an hour for Y as well.

Remove ads