[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

jsb420

First Post
GM: [MENTION=89931]Cleverusername[/MENTION]: I’ll let you and [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION]: figure out who wants to play. I’m okay with it either way (I’m not a total stickler for perfect party composition.)

Baldwin takes a seat near Orsik and looks at everyone gathered to hear of his plight. Voice cracking with emotion, he says, ”My thanks, kind sirs and ... er… cat.”. He gracefully declines the ale Brews sent over at Orsik’s request. ”I can’t stay long. Every minute I spend here, is more time away from searching for my daughter. Besides, no answers can be found in the bottom of that tankard. Lords know I’ve been down that road before, and have found my way back only recently.” He seems to become more sullen after admitting his affliction with alcohol.

”Prin and I were walking along the docks, with nowhere to go, when we were approached by a halfling, very friendly, he introduced himself as Jessup. He was wearing the badge of House Jorasco, around his neck hung the symbol of Dor Arrah and he was wearing robes of his order. He’s fair-skinned, with thick curly brown hair.

He immediately recognized us as homeless and offered for us to come with him to the Wayward House, with no mention of any tithes. We were there for less than a handful of days. We live in a suspicious society, and as such I was reluctant to accept any help, at least at first. But the adepts there were friendly and before long I felt comfortable enough to leave Prin there to look for employment. What have I done!”
Baldwin breaks into another bout of sobs.

”I’m sorry, but my Prin, she’s… she’s the light of my life. Ever since her mother died of the wasting sickness, it’s just been me and Prin. She’s a little shorter than the dwarf here, with long unruly, always tangled, blonde hair, and her eyes the color of the summer sky. At only 8 summers old, she’s already seen too much hardship, but she doesn’t show it. Wise beyond her years, she can light up a room with her smile alone.” Baldwin's head droops.

He reaches into his tunic and pulls out a worn leather satchel. Untying the drawstring, Baldwin pours the contents of the pouch into his hand. ”Besides the clothes on my back, this is all of my possessions, but I’ll give it to you if it’ll help me get my daughter back.” With that he sets the items onto the table next to his declined drink.
[sblock=Pouch Contents]20 golden galifar
2 uncut pieces of jade (estimate: 50 golden galifars each)
1 red stone, glowing with inner fire (Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth – apparently Baldwin is unaware of its magical properties)
1 exquisite silver necklace (estimate: 75 golden galifars)[/sblock]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]After everyone views the contents, Baldwin scoops up the items and returns them to the pouch. "Now, please, I must search for Prin before it gets any later." He winces with the effort to stand up.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Kellindil kept the group of strange do-gooders between him and the bereaved father, watching with disinterest; feigned perhaps, but who's to tell. On some level he could relate to the man, willing to do anything to regain someone so dear, and he was, a few short years ago, at the same beginning Baldwin now finds himself - lost and not knowing his next step. Perhaps it was another hurdle placed before him, another test the divine saw fit to impose upon him. As if he hadn't done his share.

Cavorting with demons and nurturing heartless dictators wasn't enough apparently. Now he had to look in some proverbial mirror and see his plight from another angle. Help some poor, downtrodden soul regain what once was lost? Then, and only then, he might understand what it really meant to be alone?

So be it.

He sighed, a silent curse to the gods just behind his teeth, and pushed his way to the forefront. "Fate makes for strange bedfellows, it seems," he says, looking up at the man. "I'll help find your daughter. If not for you, than for myself..."

OOC: Just a quick note: Orsik works best with several melee types (which defenders always are) rather then ranged characters. I played with Rikka in another adventure and I can confirm that either would fit in my particular case...

Also, Orsik needs a review.

"There, there, we'll find your little one. You won't do her any good to go and get killed. Wait here or go to the guard, don't wander alone."

Goliath stands up and then winces as his head hits ceilings support then straigthens between the beams.
"Who's with me?"

johnmeier1

Explorer
Quan's eyes seem to gleam at the gems and he quickly drinks the rest of the bottle in front of him. After Orsik asks he quickly responds

I'll go! and turns to run... straight into the Goliath, stumbling back and falling to the floor. He gets up and dusts off his dirty robes and picks up his staff, ready to depart.

OOC: Quan needs a second approval, but already has one by a judge. Metavoid if you want to review him, I could be your second review for 6th

LEB:pC:Quan Reah (johnmeier1) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki

Quick lookup [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], in summary AC 22 in math section AC 21...other then that, formatting in the powers lacks Hit and Miss words so sometimes it's hard to follow what's the effect and what's only on hit. It's correct as far as I can see.

How did you get six skills trained?

jsb420

First Post
”Thanks again! Follow me, and I’ll show you where the warehouse is.” Baldwin says, then he limps his way towards the door.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC]
>Looking over the rest of the group, I think that Rikka might round out the party better, so I'm inclined to join up. [MENTION=89931]Cleverusername[/MENTION], if you really want the spot, let me know. For now, Rikka will run along with the group- she can always take off later.

For what it is worth, Rikka still needs her level 6 approvals as well.
http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Rikka_Pouncequick_(pathfinderq1)

[/sblock]

The dark-hued leopardess continued to watch as the group gathered around the man- for the tilt of her head, it was clear that she was listening as well. As the man got ready to leave, she finally nodded- a curiously human gesture from an animal. There was a brief twist of the shadows around her, and the leopard was replaced by a rather feral-looking elven woman, dressed in hunter's leather with a wolf-skin vest and a bow slung across her back. "I'll help you, if you'll have me," she said, her voice a raspy purr far more suited to her feline shape- as she spoke, she flashed sharp fangs. At a glance, she looked more like a razorclaw shifter than an elf. "I can track, if you know where she was last..."

Remove ads