[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

jsb420

First Post
A bedraggled human male in worn and tattered clothing bursts through the door to the Tower’s Shard tavern. He seems to be limping badly from an old leg wound. He has a frantic look of desperation on his face as he quickly glances around the common room. He sees an aged dwarf speaking with a massive goliath at a table near the bar (another dwarf apparently unconscious nearby), and a couple of elves seated at the bar talking with Crews, the Warforged barkeep. The odor of unwashed body wafts before him as he limps his way towards those near the bar, careful to avoid the sleeping form of a large cat he just noticed sleeping under a table.

”Please you must help me!, he exclaims. ”My daughter, she… I don’t know where… What should I do?, he stammers. After a few moments, he takes a calming breath, and seems to gather himself to starts anew.

”Please, my name is Baldwin. My daughter, Prin, and I have just recently arrived in here in Cliffside so I can look for work, but I haven’t found anything promising yet. When we first arrived, I heard about a warehouse in the dock ward here, called Wayward House. It is sponsored by House Jorasco. We’ve been staying there until I can find some employment.” Baldwin looks down, guilty to admit his current station in life.

”I left her to play at the Wayward House while I went into Sharn proper. I came back to check on her, and found the warehouse empty. Even the halfling leader from House Jorasco has abandoned it.”, he starts to become animated again. ”I’d search for her myself," he points at his wounded leg, ”but as you can see I forced to give the ways of the sword after getting wounded as a guard for House Deneith years ago. Please, you must help me find her! There have been rumors of beasts roaming the streets, snatching innocent victims. I’m afraid if I go to the City Watch they won’t do anything without a bribe or any proof and Prin could be killed or worse! I’ll give you anything I have! I’ll even take you there! Please, I beg you, will you help me?”

GM: You can make a Streetwise, History or Religion check to see if you can remember anything about the rumors of disappearances, House Jorasco, or the Wayward House.

[sblock=Streetwise DC 10]Some rumors have been floating around. The Wayward House’s leader is a halfling named Jessup.
[sblock=Streetwise DC 14]There have been a number of disappearances, many seem to be adventurers down on their luck and between employment, but you just assumed that they had left town due to gambling debts.
[sblock=Streetwise DC 21]You have also heard about some shops that have been burglarized, the thieves stealing anything magical – powerful and mundane items. Strangely, all silver valuables were left alone. [/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=History DC 10]House Jorasco is known for their healing abilities, but require some form of payment prior to providing any medical treatment.
[sblock=History DC 14]You know that House Jorasco earned a considerable amount of gold during the struggles of the Last War by healing anyone who would pay them.
[sblock=History DC 21]Kurala d’Jorasco and her husband Janasar oversee Kurala’s House of Healing in the Clifftop district of Sharn.[/sblock] [/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock=Religion DC 10]You know that many members of House Jorasco also serve the Sovereign Host as well as the Silver Flame.
[sblock=Religion 14]While not a member of House Jorasco, you are aware that anyone from the Healer’s Guild requires payment before any aid is administered.
[sblock=Religion DC 21]Although you are familiar with most of the religions prevalent on the streets of Sharn, you haven’t heard of any House Jorasco adepts opening up shop, sanctioned by the Silver Flame or the Sovereign Host, here in Cliffside.[/sblock] [/sblock] [/sblock]

GM: There will be another joining us later. My friend is having issues posting (probably due to ENWorld being down recently).

Cleverusername

First Post
The door to the tavern opens once more and a human enters. He has dark skin and his black hair is shaved into a short mohawk. His brown eyes are fierce and the man's dark facial hair is trimmed close to his face in an intricate fashion.

"Name's Baracus. Any of you lookin' for someone to bash some skulls?" the man says as he brings up his right fist, and a gold set of metal knuckles are on his hand. He wears dark black scaled armor, but its cut off at the sleeves, leaving his large, muscular arms free. Various tattoos are evident on the bare arms.

The man looks over at the group, some of them former colleagues but the man's look is one that you would give a stranger, apparently he doesn't recognize them.

[sblock=ooc]
http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Baracus_(Cleverusername) - Sorted out some stuff and should be good to go. Sorry to everyone from the Paper Chase. Oh and I think I'll play the amnesia card to describe all the bad things that happened when he disappeared. [/sblock]

[sblock=Image]
Baracus.jpg
[/sblock]

Orsik is still in ancient history so he doesn't connect Jorasco's with The House, but as the man mentions their temple he frowns.

"I'm in the city for some time and visited most or all temple libraries especially within dragonmarked houses. I'm not aware of any Jorasco's down in Cliffside. I think, my good man, you were a victim of hineous ruse. Take me there and then inform the guards. It won't matter if they believe you or not, just give them my description so I don't get shot if they see me with the child.

Now describe her and as many of temple inhabitants as you can, especially temple staff.

Brews! Get the man something to eat and one shot of your strongest spirit to calm him!"

History; Religion; Streetwise (1d20+3=6, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+2=5)

He nods at Baracus
"We were worried about you taking that mental assault as you did. I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that we ended the threat for a time. Good to see you again. Will you help us help this colleague?"

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The silent elf languidly looks up from his paper, eyes alight the panicked father. Neatly folding his broadsheet, he takes one final pull from the wine bottle he did not pay for and stands, slowly walking toward the man.

He had heard whispers in the darkened alleys he frequented, a dirty orphan with a runny nose looking for a handout or perhaps a homeless war veteran looking for pity, each with eyes and ears; each looking for someone to grease their palm. People have been disappearing lately, out-of-luck adventurers mostly, but it looks like it has elevated to little girls; perhaps it will go higher.

Stopping before Baldwin, he asks, flatly, "How much have you got?"

jsb420

First Post
GM: @Cleverusername : When I first submitted this adventure, only Braddok the Historian (fourmonos), Kellindil Loreweaver (horticulture), Quan Reah (johnmeier1), Rikka Pouncequick (pathfinderq1), Orsik the Small (metavoid) were in the Tower’s Shard. I was also going to include my friend, Ulrick Stormhammer (Akayonju). That makes 6.
I’ve heard from everyone except pathfinderq1. He is in a few adventures currently, so I think that if this is your first adventure, and pathfinderq1 doesn’t mind sitting out, you can join.
@Voda Vosa : Same goes for you (I wouldn’t mind increasing party size to 7. It’ll slow down the encounters but this is PbP, so they are already slow)

pathfinderq1

First Post
From under one of the tables near the door, a grey-dappled mountain leopard slid into view. The beast regarded the crowd gathering around the distressed human curiously- but for now it seemed content to watch...

[sblock= OOC]
>Nominally reporting for duty, if needed. Predator druid- controller with a strong dose of mobility/scouting. I am in one other LEB adventure, as well as a few over in L4W, so I can step aside if need be- just let me know.

>History 1d20+2= 6; Religion 1d20+2= 13; Streetwise 1d20+3= 20; rolls Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Well thanks [MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION], but I wouldn't want to take someone's spot. If you have Muzdum and Ulrick that's 2 defenders and probably is enough. Having that controller is probably beneficial too [/sblock]

Remove ads