Learn about D&D organized play options

bmfrosty

Explorer
Is it right that the structure of AL has changed? It seems like the old Expeditions/Encounters dynamic is gone, and Expeditions is being replaced by a generic Adventurers league heading, and encounters is gone? Does that sound right?

Alphastream

Adventurer
A lot is really in the titles being gone and the program shifting. You still have store play, but it can be on any day at any time. A lot of stores are still doing the same day/time, but others are shifting. Stores receive a copy of the intro adventure (also released this time on Dragon+) plus a special cert they can give out. The name Encounters no longer is used.

For Expeditions, you basically just remove the name and have the same adventures and program, plus the ability to now get them on the Guild and play them anywhere (not just at cons and stores).

I need to rewrite the whole front page, but I'm busy with authoring and then vacation. I'll try to update in the next two weeks! Sorry for the delay!

Gurumata62

First Post
The kit for stores will be a Guild download and anyone can order it.
In the future, AL authors will not be paid up front. They will only receive payments through the Guild (50% of the adventure price). (This may be a net loss for most authors, but it is hard to predict this.)

MichaelSandar

First Post
Just want to make sure - characters that we've been playing in home games (using the AL requirements) can be used in convention games, so long as they're the correct tier?

NobleK

First Post
Can AL events happen worldwide? I tried to find some in Ireland, with no luck; the closest I got was the mainland U.K, IIRC.... :(

Remove ads