Learn about D&D organized play options

Alphastream

Adventurer
The D&D Adventurers League keeps knocking it out of the park with their articles for players and DMs. They just now posted a comprehensive guide to maintaining the log sheet. Most people will know these aspects, but there are a few tricky corner cases (like rebuilding your character and choosing a different starting gear package) and this covers those kinds of situations really well.

And, the Sword Coast guide is now supported, with an additional article adding clarifications.

And, if you missed it, the current and previous Dragon+ have had versions of two AL adventures that you can download and run, including for home play (normally, Expeditions can only be run for public play).

Lastly, a bit of a shameless plug. My blog was brought back to life through Extra Life donations (thank you!) and I covered the writing of Confrontation at Candlekeep, the 2013 Gen Con event. Feedback and requests for blog topics are always welcome (just PM me).

Alphastream

Adventurer
Speaking of good stuff, huge news today as Wizards of the Coast has launched the Dungeon Masters Guild, an extension of the DnDClassics site, which now offers anyone the ability to create content! And, all of the Adventurers League Expedition adventures are there, including Howling Void, an adventure I wrote for the Elemental Evil storyline!

This indicates that it may now be possible to play Expeditions at home - a big change. The AL admins promise news this week, so stay tuned!

And, the Winter Fantasy convention approaches. This is typically a great place to hear new information as well as play great games. I will be there!

WOTC will announce how this all pertains to AL on Thursday. On Friday they will be doing a Reddit AMA. Then the AL Admins will start a series of posts addressing specific questions.

Alphastream

Adventurer
I added an update to the first page, but forgot to add a note here that I had done so. Check out the first post for all of the recent Adventurers League changes!

Leprejuan

Explorer
Where do I ask a question about organized play?

Hi,
Had an odd experience at Encounters when I tried it out this week and wanted to ask some questions. Looks like there IS no place at WOTC to ask anymore. Would this be a good place to try to ask some questions?

Remove ads