Learn about D&D organized play options

Coredump

Explorer
Mostly DMing, but for Expeditions I will be doing a Monk.... so might as well go RoD and pick up an interesting Bond or Background or such.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Sadly I havnt seen many people at all reporting on their experiences with Harried in Hillsfar or the other scenarios on offer from Season 3. Hopefully we will get some soon (Ive yet to run any Season 3 material myself).

My Local store is awaiting the Folders but to be honest as Im running Princes (and the party has only just got to the Spire and 'cleansed' it, am a long way of even running Rage module. Hell by the rate we are progressing I may instead prep whatever the NEXT module is and maybe miss out on Rage.

(I run a 7 player table most Wednesdays and you can imagine just how fast things can go)

Alphastream

Adventurer
Sadly I havnt seen many people at all reporting on their experiences with Harried in Hillsfar or the other scenarios on offer from Season 3.
Harried in Hillsfar ran at Gen Con and at PAX and had great reviews. As with the previous intros, they provide a varied experience in a format that is comfortable for new and casual players. They run together as a story, which is very cool, though there is information for running them individually or if players skip some. I like how they fit together.

Several other adventures ran at Gen Con and I enjoyed all of them. Unlike the first season, these really drop you into the heart of the action and the main issues. Some adventures take you into the Underdark, while others deal with Hillsfar developments. I really enjoyed the way the Underdark was portrayed.

aramis erak

Legend
Sadly I havnt seen many people at all reporting on their experiences with Harried in Hillsfar or the other scenarios on offer from Season 3. Hopefully we will get some soon (Ive yet to run any Season 3 material myself).

My Local store is awaiting the Folders but to be honest as Im running Princes (and the party has only just got to the Spire and 'cleansed' it, am a long way of even running Rage module. Hell by the rate we are progressing I may instead prep whatever the NEXT module is and maybe miss out on Rage.

(I run a 7 player table most Wednesdays and you can imagine just how fast things can go)

My FLGS has 2 GM's demanding that we all (1) run ONLY the same module - OotA - and (2) come up with a fixed schedule of when we have to be running which chapter; I've said flat out that if that becomes the store's criteria, I'm gone (I'll migrate my AL game elsewhere as a public played home game, which still counts). And the store coordinator is of the opinion that Expeditions modules only should be run once a month, and only one on a given weekend... Simply put, the only way I'll get to run Harried is to NOT run it as an AL module for organized play. Because, for all intents, my FLGS is a monopoly locally.

Alphastream

Adventurer
There isn't much the program can do about bad stores. Bad stores come in many flavors and shapes, but if they don't work for you then you either have to deal with that or find another option. The published printed adventures can be run anywhere in an unofficial home play capacity and your character is still legal (just no certs) if you follow the rules. The Expeditions adventures can be ordered for public play outside of stores (just no certs). There are always options for play.

exile

First Post
I have said it before, but this seems a reasonable time to say it again (in hopes that someone will hear and consider a change for future OP campaigns): I dislike the decision to tie OP so tightly to stores. I dislike having to go through a store to get material for OP. I dislike that by playing at a location other than a store, I am treated like a second-class member of the campaign (i.e. no certs). As a long-time supporter of the RPGA, LC, LG (to a very limited extent thanks to residency), and LFR, I feel disenfranchised by the current campaign model.

Remove ads