Bloodcove Disguise

galahad0430

First Post
Lura reaches into a pouch and pulls out a potion which she quickly drinks. Syldar, seeing the motion, lets fly with an arrow the skips off the floor into the crowd. Onlookers try to jump out of the way of the errant arrow and you hear a shouted expletive from within the crowd. Lura vanishes after she drinks the potion and the crowd resounds with boos and catcalls.

OOC: Lura used a move to get the potion and a standard to drink so she is still prone in the same square (unless she has some other way to move with a swift).

jackslate45

First Post
"COWARD!" Aradra yells as Lura vanishes. "YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN?!"

Looking towards the casters of the groups he yells out "You guys have anything that can reveal her?!"

udalrich

First Post
"Maybe," says Syldar as she starts to reach for a scroll. "Hey Chaucer, do you know any stories about bards that thought they were druids?"

[sblock=ooc]She'll probably fail her UMD check to read the scroll, but it's a reasonable shot if no one has done anything better by the time she comes up in initiative order.

Chaucer: if you happen to be third level, Inspire Competence would be great. But I have a feeling we are both second level.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
OCC: it is actually 2 UMD checks, as you do not have 11 WIS. so it is 14 or higher to actually cast the spell, and you need a 19 or 20 to emulate the 11 needed. (15 + 11 = 26 UMD Check.)

udalrich

First Post
OOC: Good point. I don't suppose there are any approved classes that use the druid spell list and int or charisma to cast spells? I suppose it wasn't very wise to buy that scroll. :eek:

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: I have a tanglefoot bag that should help at least, question... will the grease leave something like a footprint, etc? Also, If tanglefoot doesn't work, and grease doesn't, then I will probably grab a mug of alcoholic beverage either from a table or a patron on the outskirts and toss it at Lura... those would be my actions, depending on what will work and what won't. Galahad, could you clarify for me whether tanglefoot would outline lura, or grease leave footprints, or the beer idea. I assume Chaucer would know about the tanglefoot bag as well as the grease, since that is his own spell and all lol

galahad0430

First Post
"You can't hide from me!" snarls Raynucio as he pushes the table out of his way to get next to Lura. He chops down at the floor where she was last seen.

You here a grunt of pain from the floor as Capitas finds its mark.

OOC: Chaucer, the tanglefoot bag will work, but you have to roll the 50% miss chance. Before you roll, let me know which way is a hit for you. I always use the low end to hit (i.e. 01-50 hits for full concealment or 01-80 for partail concealment). The same goes for the beer, but the beer will only outline for 1 round. The grease will give away location only in the spells area of effect. Also, any ranged attacks can only be made this round as everyone knows she is prone in that spot (this includes the tanglefoot bag or beer)

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Only Mnadalo has an action for round 2, but everyone else (except Raynucio) acts before Lura, so you can all post your round 3 actions if you want.

udalrich

First Post
OOC: Syldar has a scroll of faerie fire, which is relevant here. As pointed out, she needs two UMD checks to activate it: one to pretend she is a druid and one to pretend she has a mediocre wisdom. Is there a combination of rolls that would result in ruining the scroll? The only things that I see in the rules indicating that a failure has consequences beyond not working is for activating blindly (which is not relevant) and rolling a 1. If Syldar rolls a 1, she can't try again for 24 hours.

Remove ads