[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

jbear

First Post
Content to allow the thick skulled pterosaur fly away, Kane sheaths his blade and gathers around Noriaki to get a look at the chick from up close as he gets his breath back. With a chuckle and a friendly slap on the shoulder he stutters:

"C-congratul-lations! Now you are a f-father!"

OOC: Kane spends 1 Healing Surge which takes him up to full with Hu Li's Restful Healing

[sblock=Kane Arcane]
PC:Kane Arcane (jbear1979) - L4W Wiki
Human Hybrid Swordmage | Wizard 3
Passive Perception/Insight 13
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:16, Speed:6
HP:38/38, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/10
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Dislocation Longsword +1, +6 vs AC, 1d8+2 damage
Cantrips,
Freezing Burst, Phantasmal Assault, Sword Burst

Grasping Shadows:
Aegis of Shielding:
Channelling Shield:
Dimensional Vortex:
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere:
Dislocation Longsword:

Combat notes: Theme: Feybeast Tamer: Kane is unaware of this. Not active until this changes.
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí is fascinated by the armor and the amulet.

"Please excuse me," she says, and steps gingerly away into a nearby thicket. She emerges a minute later wearing the new armor under her outer robe. She smiles, dances rhythmically, tapping her drum, then as she pirouettes, the armor is gone, replaced by a coat of thick brocade.
"A lovely coat," Hú Lí says. "It will be a fine thing to have for changing costumes quickly backstage. But let us now rest."

As the party catches their breath she plays her flute, starting with the traditional folk song Noriaki sang to the chick, and going on into variations on that tune.
OOC: Song of rest, +4 HP for anyone who spends a surge. I've also got one Majestic Word left, which I can use prior to the rest for another surge +4 if anyone wants to claim it.
[sblock=Hú Lí]The Black Fox Fox Spirit (Changeling) Bard 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20
AC:21, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19
:bmelee: +4 vs. AC, 1d6-1 damage

HP:38/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fox Spirit Disguise, Wild Shape, Staggering Note, Vicious Mockery, Changeling's Armor
Blunder, Dissonant Strain, Fox Spirit Trick, Grasping Claws, Majestic Word x2, Words of Friendship, Noble Presence, Painted Drum
Stirring Shout, Canon of Avoidance, Amulet of Seduction

Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares of the Black Fox, the Fox may slide the ally 1 square as a free action.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki stands for a moment, staring into the chick's eyes. The chick stares back and it's clear a bond is forming. It takes him a few moments to respond to his friends' questions. "What? Oh. Let me think..." Noriaki's mouth moves silently for a moment, as if testing the feel of possible names. He strokes the chick's bright green scales as he thinks.

"I think I'll call her Imidoto."

jbear

First Post
Kane chuckles again at at Sasha's comment, obviously warmed by the scene.

"C-careful Hú or N-nori will p-put you out of b-business!"

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki blushes slightly. The chick turns her head from side to side, as if considering the name. Having decided, Imidoto turns to Sasha and chirps. "I suppose I'll have to try and learn some more songs."

jbear

First Post
Kane opens his mouth to propose that they check the last nearby wreck but seeing Noriaki with the chick he bites his tongue. His face like that of a wee child who hopes the grown ups will see through his thin words and contradict them with others more in line with his deep desire to continue treasure hunting he says:

"M-maybe it's a g-good idea t-to ret-t-turn to c-camp ...?"

Dekana

Explorer
Castile flips her visor back up after the battle. "Well, we did get what we came for. Mostly." She looks sadly to the few feathers remaining from the devoured chicks.

She then joins the others as they tend to the surviving chicks. "I guess there is no hope of riding these little fellas back to Daunton."

OOC: Spend one surge to get to full hp. 10/13 surges remain.

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí smiles.
"Noriaki is a fine musician," she says. "The noble houses of the Kingdom of Jade teach culture as well as warfare."
She turns to Noriaki.
"I will be glad to teach you many songs. When one listens, one can hear them everywhere. There are songs sung by women as they wash their family's clothes in the creek. There are songs sung by children as they play hiding games in the village. There are songs sung by cobblers, by blacksmiths, by carpenters as they go about their work. There are songs of marching off to war, and songs of returning. There are also the songs of birds and the music made by the brook as it tumbles over the rocks. Music is everwhere, and can come from anybody. I can teach you many songs, but I will also gladly learn any songs you know."

Mewness

First Post
The group travels back to camp with the two surviving chicks. Unfortunately, by the time they arrive, Imidoto is in a bad way--her injury had seemed minor, as Kane's magic absorbed most of the blow, but she is nevertheless in some distress: her breathing is shallow and her eyes are looking a little glazed.

Dartmoor tries to take a look at her, but, as before, she so violently resists the touch of anyone except Noriaki that he fears she might hurt herself further.

"Hmm," says Dartmoor. He turns to one of his Irregulars. "Fetch me a bottle of Emphidrin's Calming Syrup. One drop ought to do the trick."

The bottle is promptly fetched, and one of the piskies lets a drop fall into Imidoto's beak as Noriaki holds her.

The effect is immediate. Imidoto's eyes become wide and clear. She flaps her wings vigorously, pushing away from Noriaki so forcefully that she flings herself into a tree and falls to the ground. Undeterred, she jumps up again, squawking, and begins to run, still flapping, her body growing visibly larger and her wings extending out straight, until she takes off and flies up, over the campsite, circling a couple of times before landing clumsily on Noriaki's shoulder. In less than a minute she has grown to one-and-a-half times her original size, with a wingspan twice as long.

"Idiot!" shouts Dartmoor. "I said Emphidrin's Calming Syrup, not Zazabarro's Vigorous Growth Tonic!"

The piskies peer at the label on the bottle. "I could have sworn--" one mutters.

"It doesn't seem to have hurt her," says Sasha brightly. "Maybe we could try it on the other young one, too."

Dartmoor's anger instantly melts away. "I'm afraid it's really not safe," he says. "It doesn't appear to have done any harm this time, but you must realize that the results are very unpredictable."

"My cousin had some once," says one of the grigs. "His hands grew so big he could no longer lift his arms!"

The Irregulars start discussing the effects of Zazabarro's Vigorous Growth Tonic with great animation and quickly lose interest in the chicks.

GM: Still need surges spent for Takahaan and Noriaki, both of whom got fairly beat up (see final status, above).

What to do next? GROMkill suggested exploring down the west coast some more. That sound good?

Who (if anyone) will you take with you? Sasha will stay in the camp with her chick.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases