The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis nods. "Okay, then, let's stick to the wall and worry about this thing after we figure out where the kids are," Caytis agrees.

[sblock=mini-stats]Caytis Maggerin
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13(17)
(values in parenthesis with Shield active)
Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions: none
In Hand: Quadrens

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 3/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
OOC - Sorry, got injured, been out and lots of doctor visits. I am back now.

Svexyn turns away from the thing, yet something still nagged at him in the back of his mind. Suddenly realizing that Nia may have been onto something, Svexyn calls back to Nia.

"I think you had something there Nia, when you said it was a gnomish design. This place is too big to have been done all by hand. This must have been a worker of some sort. Yet, it doesn't look rusted or failing. What do you think of seeing if we can get it working? Might have use of it for taking care of the skulks..."

Shayuri

First Post
Nia frowned. The obvious thing to do was to go for the strange device on the floor. That's why she didn't trust it, and was glad to see the others weren't immediately going for it either.

"It is a trap of some kind dat de skulks use,"
she opines. "Or dey would have taken it apart or used it for someting else by now. Find anudder door in dere, den guide us to it. Best not to stay too long inside. Don't touch dat...ting on de ground yet. It may be makin' dis image, or may be part of it, but eidder way, it calls too much attention to itself to be safe. Like de Blood Frogs in de jungle...brightest red you ever saw, easy to see and catch...but touch it wit you hand and you die in minutes. Dey want you to see dem, so your people learn de consequences."

ahayford

First Post
Following Svexyn’s lead, the group slips into the room and follows the north wall. The room here appears to have been some kind of workshop or lab...but it seems to have been thoroughly ransacked. Two desks and a bookshelf that, despite having several broken shelves, is still standing. Papers lay strewn everywhere in various states of decay and the smell of old books and dust is pervasive.

Before you can get too far, a voice like a tightly wound violin mutters something.

[sblock=Gnomish]Block the east passage.[/sblock]

The object covered in Ghelve’s flour clatters to life. It jerks and stutters like a marionette with tangled strings. It moves to block the path between you and tunnel you just came from. With each step, the automaton sounds emits a cacophony of bangs and and clanks that would put a toddler with her parent’s pots and pans to shame. After it has put itself between you and the tunnel, it returns to its inert state with sigh.

The tightly wound voice speaks to you, this time in common. Her accent is completely alien to you.

My allies tell me you have come into our home, weapons bare and dealing death. They wish me to help them slay you in retribution for your violence. I tell them, one skulk is nothing to me. But, you come to my doorstep...and I cannot let invaders stomp through our home unopposed.

She pauses for a moment.

You carry many pretty things my children could play with. Tell me surface men....Why should I not let my children strip you bare and then sell your bodies to the flesh markets?

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

"Well, the city's taken us as part of itself," Caytis offers, holding up the hand which had briefly flashed a rune when the group made their offerings to the tree. "Surely a city vouching for us has to count for something?"

[sblock=ooc]Caytis has no Diplomacy bonus, so I'm having him Aid Another for one of the better social characters.

Edit: ouch. And that's why he's only trying Aid. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Caytis Maggerin
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13(17)
(values in parenthesis with Shield active)
Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions: none
In Hand: Quadrens

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 3/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Wilbur

"He is right, we all made an offering t the tree!"
Wilbur tries to explain.

[sblock=OOC]
can he also cast Guidance on our "face" person. Not sure who is it...

----

AC: 15
HP: 10 / 11

Spells: Bane, Murderous Command
1: 4/5

Gift of Madness: 5 / 6

Wilbur 2
Wilbur Warrington

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Val holds out his hand as well. Good lady, you should not, as you say, sell our bodies to the flesh markets, because we are here to stop that very thing. We would see this city cleansed of the creatures that use it to steal those who live above. And it seems certain that the city has given its blessing to our endeavor."

Diplomacy (1d20+8=15) (Plus any additions from Guidance and Aid Anothers).

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn looks over the contraption that moved to block their passage. He hides his grin, for he now has an idea of how to get by it, should it come to that. He then listens to the voice, measuring the accent to that which he learned from Ghelve. He allows the others to speak, as he tries to size up the opposition....

He wonders if this voice is one that is simply neutral to what is happening, or if her intentions are evil. Perhaps she could be persuaded to assist them instead?

Sense Motive +7

Remove ads