[White Wolf] Demon: the Fallen

Apok

First Post
I have long since ceased to try and figure out White Wolf's obsession with their various Creature: the Tagline games. Apparently, they felt that roleplaying a blood drinking scourge of humanity just wasn't dark and angsty enough, so they took it to the next level. ;) :D

In all fairness, though, I do love Exalted but I hate the dicepool mechanic.

Ulrick

First Post
Lemme guess: You play a demon...and there are different types or "clans" of demons.

However, in this day and age they have nothing to do because mankind does everything for them. Instead, they hang out in coffee shops disguised as mean old men while the guy behind the counter pees in their coffee. :p

EarthsShadow

First Post
that is all true as stated above, but in defense of Demon, it actually seems like a cool concept and I think its their best modern day game since werewolf (IMO). Vampire was okay, Werewolf was cool, didn't care for mage, changling, wraith, hunter, or mummy, Exalted is cool and Demon seems cool also.

Sejs

First Post
Goth: The Overacting!

Gamer: The Purchasing!

Overdramatic Full-Of-Themselves Bleeding-Soul Artiste: The Nauseating!

SSS-Druid

First Post
Yee-hah.

My favorite part of the above was when broad sweeping generalizations were made. That part rules.

Oh, and that part where they cleverly parodied the naming conventions, the way has been done a thousand other times? Sheer genius.

Skade

Explorer
Please ignore my tagline...I would not want to appear biased here. :D I am primarilly a fantasy gamer, having played just about every system you can easily acquire.

I did play Vampire for a very long time though, and Mage, and Werewolf, Changeling and even Wraith (yes, I am one of the 12 who played that one). In fact, despite the distaste "true" DnD players I know have for the Storyteller system, I feel that the best single game session, the best roleplaying, dare I say acting, I have ever seen was in a tabletop vampire session. I won't speak to the opinions of gamers on these boards, because frankly I have not been involved in discussions of White Wolf games on these boards before, not even as a lurker.

Anyway, in defense of White Wolf: the Predictable :p , I have pretty good feelings about Demon. I was initially quite skeptical, but feel that this game is worth reading, and really might not be that far off from Exalted in certain aspects. Even Vampire, despite the ickiness of being a blooducking soulless corpse with a nasty habit of destroying everything you love in life, had redeeming value as a social commentary, or if you were particularly melodramatic, a morality play. Demon is the morality play. It's also a good way to play unmitigated evil. It is all in the player.

If Demon has such a bad taste, what about Engle? It is their d20 game of angels, and most likely demons.

Skade, who would be a verbena if she weren't a ranger

Graveyard Greg

First Post
My favorite scene was when she opened the box to release the Cenobites, and they spawned at least five more sequels after that!

But since we're talking about White Wolf: The Naming...

<I>Who cares?</I> So long as it's a good game, they can call it whatever they want to call it.

Kamard

First Post
SSS-Druid said:
Yee-hah.

My favorite part of the above was when broad sweeping generalizations were made. That part rules.

Oh, and that part where they cleverly parodied the naming conventions, the way has been done a thousand other times? Sheer genius.

My favourite part was when the employee-by-proxy of said company came and made a sarcastically bitter reply to the above. I love it when that happens.

:cool:

As far as I care about, White Wolf games are fun. D&D is fun. I prefer D&D. I know plenty of gamers who play both who won't play the other because the "players of that game are geeks/dweebs/losers."

Eh. Their loss, I say.

Remove ads