Heroes of the Feywild: Fey Themes

OhGodtheRats

First Post
In any case, for better or worse, this will likely put the final nail in the coffin of Beastmaster Rangers as a played build.

-Dan'L

I'll see your wager and raise you one Captain FlikaFlak and The Queen's Mustang.
blog%20captain%20flikaflak.jpg

I've already played this a couple times at the table and a Pixie Beastmaster Ranger with a Horse Companion may very well end up tattooed onto my face. At the very least, I plan on overtly sneaking him into a D&D Outsider article. I can't help myself.

Then again, if Heroes of the Fey gone Wild includes a feat that lets gnomes and pixies ride their fey companions (note the book keeps putting the word "beast" in there for both clarity and evasion of gay jokes) then you might be right. I love this theme....like the Animal Trainer it lets you choose a Familiar/Beast Companion/Henchminion without actually building yourself in the traditional way. Such Madness I am a fan.
-Jared

PS: I am a nerd and also share my play report of Pixie Piracy on 4 Legs:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/110367953918386470600/posts/5ZC6q5K3m1Z

So Hybrid Shaman/ Beastmaster Ranger with the Fey Beast Tamer Theme, multiclassed into any arcane class just to get the familiar feat.

That would be 4 beasts to one character. Maybe not too effective vs having just one, due to the nature of companion actions rules. But I guess you could block a lot of passages and do a lot of opportunity attacks through them.

OhGodtheRats

First Post
So Hybrid Shaman/ Beastmaster Ranger with the Fey Beast Tamer Theme, multiclassed into any arcane class just to get the familiar feat.

That would be 4 beasts to one character. Maybe not too effective vs having just one, due to the nature of companion actions rules. But I guess you could block a lot of passages and do a lot of opportunity attacks through them.

Yes. Yes you can. I need to photograph a new version of this...because now that Themes are out it just got a fair amount worse. Or better. Depending.

212358376.jpg

Remove ads