General Discussion

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ya know, I actually was thinking hanbo, but typed bo staff, even though i knew it was exotic. * sorry 'bout that

Mr.Tinker

First Post
I have a question about the Alchemist class. Extractions can be used as standard action without using a move action to find the potion. Is it the same with mutagen's?

vmaaxt

First Post
Extracts take as long to consume as casting the equivalent spell would take. Effectively, preparing an extract is the same as preparing spells for the day, and drinking it is like casting. There are some minor differences, such as who can consume it, but really it's just like normal magic. It just looks different. This is why an alchemist can copy a wizard's book, and use a spell trigger device.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I have a question about the Alchemist class. Extractions can be used as standard action without using a move action to find the potion. Is it the same with mutagen's?

I was under the impression that it took an action to retrieve extracts and mutagens before they could be used. Drawing bomb components, creating, and throwing a bomb only takes a single action. If you have rules/faq/errata that says differently I would like to know; I play an alchemist in a non-LPF game and early combat actions are his biggest hang-up.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ok. Did a bit of a search on my own. [MENTION=6706173]Mr.Tinker[/MENTION]

APG FAQ said:
Alchemist: What kind of action is it to use an extract, mutagen, or throw a bomb?

It is a standard action to use an extract, mutagen, or throw a bomb. This action includes retrieving the necessary materials from the alchemist's supplies, in the same manner as retrieving a material component is included in the act of spellcasting.

—Sean K Reynolds, 08/31/10

soulnova

Explorer
Hey guys, I believe I have mentioned it before, but anyway... I suck at equipping my characters. Galandra (Ranger lvl3) is about to finish her adventure with some 3K to spare and in the other hand, I'm planning to take Damaris (Bard lvl 2) out as soon as there's an adventure for her level available. Damaris has 1,700 gp to spend.

Current Equipement:

[sblock=Damaris 1.7K gp]

Explorer's Outfit -- lb
Armor Studded Leather 25 gp 20 lb
Weapon Longsword 15 gp 4 lb
Weapon Dagger 2 gp 1 lb
Weapon Shortbow 30 gp 2 lb
normal arrows (16) 1 gp 3 lb
Backpack 2 gp 2 lb
Sling -- -- lb
Bell 1 gp -- lb
Chalk 0.01 gp -- lb
Candle 0.01 gp -- lb
Charcoal 0.5 gp -- lb
Fishhook 0.1 gp -- lb
Flint and Steel 1 gp -- lb
Parchment(x1) 0.2 gp -- lb
Sewing Needle 0.5 gp -- lb
Signal Whistle 0.8 gp -- lb
Tindertwig 1 gp -- lb
Oil 0.1 gp 1 lb
Perfume 5 gp -- lb
Firework, Paper candle(x2) 2 gp -- lb
Vermin Repellent 5 gp -- lb
Rope, Hemp 1 gp 10 lb
Trial Rations (x4) 2 gp 4 lb
[/sblock]

[sblock=Galandra 3k gp]
Equipment Cost Weight
Explorer's Outfit -- -- lb
Masterwork Buckler 155 gp 05 lb
Chain Shirt +1 1,250 gp 25 lb
Dagger 02 gp 01 lb
Masterwork Falchion (Melee) 375 gp 08 lb
Composite Longbow (+2 STR) 300 gp 03 lb
Backpack (e.g. Backpack) 02 gp 02 lb
Rope, Hemp 01 gp 10 lb
Food- Rations, Trail(x4) 02 gp 04 lb
Waterskin 01 gp 04 lb
Arrows (20) 01 gp 03 lb
Masterwork Arrows (10) 60 gp 1.5 lb
Oilx2 02 gp 02 lb
Fishhook 0.1 gp -- lb
Flint and Steel 01 gp -- lb
Sling -- gp -- lb
Tindertwig 02 gp -- lb
Wandermeal 0.12 gp -- lb
Whistle 0.05 gp -- lb[/sblock]

I was thinking maybe an Efficient Quiver for Galandra. Any suggestions??

Systole

First Post
From about levels two through four, there's not really a lot for you to buy. Well, there's a lot you want to buy, but you won't be able to afford much of it. So as long as you know what you want to get eventually, the order in which you acquire it doesn't make a lot of difference.

What you'll eventually want is the Big 6: Cloak of Resistance +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Deflection +1, Armor +1, Weapon +1, and Headband/Belt of Stats +2. Those should pretty much be your first purchases, as they're relatively cheap and very useful. After that, a Handy Haversack or Efficient Quiver is probably next.

Now, that list isn't absolute. If you're a caster, weapons and armor become less important. If you're a super archer type, Efficient Quiver might get bumped up the list a little. If you've got a 22 Strength, the Haversack can probably get skipped altogether. But honestly, at the levels where you are, pick whatever you can afford off the list and you'll be fine.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases