General Discussion

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I started a social group for PFS here in ENWorld quite some time ago. We were going strong for a bit, but after we ran through a small bevy of scenarios we fizzled. Which turns out to be fine for me - I like both PFS and LPF, but enjoy LPF much more because of the community we've fostered and developed here. And there's some awesomely creative stuff going on here, both in terms of world building and character building.

Myth Weavers has a great PFS community that stays active - that's where I do all of my PFSing these days.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I think there needs to be an alternative way for people to get their third characters other than just via Dungeon Master Credits. I mean some people just aren't cut out towards being Dungeon Masters. Other people don't have the time to be Dungeon Masters what with school and everything. But alot of people want to opportunity to have 3 characters. So I really feel there should be an alternative way aside from just Dungeon Master Credits to obtain that third character.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
That will impact the player to GM ratio more than it currently is.

Don't look at is as everyone deserves a 3rd character. Allowing a 3rd character is a reward for DMing and giving back to LPF, that is all.

Red Knight

First Post
So I need two more posts in order to import my dice rolls from Invisible Castle.

Just my two coppers but I would strongly agree with. In my local market everyone wants to be the noble hero that saves the girl or the ancient wizard that was granted immortality for his deeds and knowledge. However nobody wants to be the guy that spends hours creating the world in which both characters thrive. It wouldn't be any different here I suppose.

Also my first impression of the world you guys have created...well it's just fantastic. There's enough crunch to flesh out an interesting character and adventure but enough left out that one with an idea for expansion could do so freely.

Grayn

First Post
I have an equipment question. If I want to use a cane, as a focus for spells and possible a melee weapon, can I use a light mace? Or is there something else that is more appropriate?

Songdragon

Explorer
I would say club over a light mace. It's shorter than a staff and covers an array of 'things' that might be used, from a tree branch to an iron rod.

4uk4ata

First Post
A bo staff is, surprisingly enough, an exotic weapon and thus requires proficiency. A club has ok stats for a cane, and everyone knows how to wield it. Sure, you can't dual-wield it or get defensive bonuses, but that's not so important in this situation.

Grayn

First Post
Looking through the Eastern Weapons, the Hanbo might work too. The club and hanbo are pretty much the same stats, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Maybe just a "prettier" name. :)

Remove ads