General Discussion

soulnova

Explorer
Hehe, I see. And for example, when adding an additional effect to the +1 Falchion (2000gp), let's say.... Shock, would I pay 8000gp or the difference of 6000gp for a +2 weapon?

Thank you again for your help. :D

Vertexx69

First Post
Have you guys ever considered making this an official pathfinder society chapter? Piazo has a full set of rules and people would be able to take their characters out into the real world to play at table top events. The only down side to doing that at this stage would be that everyone would have to start over at lvl 1. But then the characters are official and can be played at any pathfinder society event in the world at any time.

Satin Knights

First Post
But Pathfinder Society won't let me play my mermaid or my synthesist. :lol: In all seriousness, our world, economy and wider class/race choices are too much to set aside. There is also the issue that it takes 4-6 months to play one Pathfinder Society scenario. While your character is playing that scenario, they cannot play in another. So, it takes at least a year to level the character. If you are playing at a convention, you can level in a day. So, PbP is just too slow for anyone that has an alternative.

If you were interested in PFS PbP, you can use the eN World forums to play that game. It only requires gathering 4-6 players and a GM. But those characters would be mutually exclusive with LPF. There is no "organizing a chapter" to do so. You simply play the game and then the GM reports it when finished.

So, no, LPF won't be changing, but if you wanted a PbP game for PFS, it is easy for you to do on your own.

Me: I run 1-5 organized PFS games a month and have organized 3 two-day regional conventions.
-SK

Systole

First Post
I for one do not want to be PFS. I like building our own world rather than using Golarion, and I prefer that we have independent judges with final say over the rules, rather than having to accept all the bonehead decisions that Paizo occasionally makes.

For what it's worth, PFS adventures can be done in PbP. You can find PbP PFS either at Enworld or Giant in the Playground or a couple of other sites. Just ask.

Remove ads