Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

OOC: Here goes

Arthur gets completely taken by surprise and fails to provide even an ounce of resistance against Kalli's grappling attempt.

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva watches the interaction between Kalli and Arthur with concern, and moves to position himself so that he can give aid to either participant as necessary, but mostly interposes himself between them and the items in the shop most likely to be damaged by their struggle.

OOC: I am back. Thank you.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(Arthur and Kalli are now grappling. I think that Kalli gets another opposed grapple check
to try to pin Arthur. If that works, then next round, Arthur can try to break the pin, and if successful, try to break the grapple.)

As Kalli and Arthur struggle o the ground, Kaleva gets in a position to minimize any collateral damage and waits. Petra...

(Pin checks from Arthur and Kalli, and action from Petra, please)

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

Petra steps back to give the struggling two room. Kalli seems to be doing fine to Petra, but just in case, she'll be another barrier if Arthur can't be contained. She gives an approving glance to Kaleva and does the same, such that the struggle is occurring between Petra and Kaleva. Petra decides not to take any further action.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Can I use Escape Artist at this point in time?

OOC: I think, on Kalli's turn I use grapple, opposed by your grapple, to try and grab you (or pin you if we're grappling already). On your turn, you can try and use either grapple or Escape Artist, opposed by Kalli's grapple, to escape from the grapple/pin.

That said, I'm not sure which turn we're on!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Trouvere mentioned that I'm misremembering the grappling rules: Kalli, having bested Arthur in the opposed grapple check, now deals 1d3 nonlethal damage to Arthur. Next round (round 3), Arthur will have the first action, which he must choose from the "possible actions while grappling" section of the SRD.

If Arthur wants to escape, for instance, he can initiate an "escape" action, opposing his Escape Artist or Grapple check (Arthur's choice) against a Grapple check from Kalli.

Nothing can happen this round, though, so...

ROUND 2, Cont.

Petra and Kaleva delay.

Kalli is forced to smack Arthur on the head a bit as they grapple on the floor. (OOC: 1d3 nonlethal damage roll from Kalli, please)

ROUND 3

Slippery as an eel, Arthur manages to escape Kalli's tight embrace. (OOC: Standard action, so Arthur has a move action left after this.)

Kalli, Petra, and Kaleva... (OOC: might want to wait to see what the result of Arthur's action is first, but once that's resolved, feel free to post without waiting for a go-ahead from me)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases