Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The patrons of the establishment, momentarily upset by the sudden disturbance, mutter softly as they turn back to their food, bemused grins on the faces of some, embarrassed scowls on others.

After a while, Edwyd emerges from the kitchen bearing an enormous platter with a metal cover. The smell of warm apples, crisp crust, and a hint of cinnamon waft from beneath. Oohs and ahhs come unbidden from the mouths of the customers. Edwyd smiles and bellows, "Well, well! Here you have it. Seems it's still drizzling outside. Did you clever devils devise a way to protect the pie while keeping it on display?"

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Kaleva helps Arthur back to his feet. "How do you feel? I can give you the blessing of Chennet' if you feel too shook up."

"This is troubling however, I hope we do not have to smack the head of everybody who becomes overcome by the scent of the pie."

Arthur nods his thanks as Kaleva helps him up and replies :

"I'm not quite sure what happened, myself but I should be fine in the future. Sorry about this..."

A slight look of confusion remains on his face.

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

The patrons of the establishment, momentarily upset by the sudden disturbance, mutter softly as they turn back to their food, bemused grins on the faces of some, embarrassed scowls on others.

After a while, Edwyd emerges from the kitchen bearing an enormous platter with a metal cover. The smell of warm apples, crisp crust, and a hint of cinnamon waft from beneath. Oohs and ahhs come unbidden from the mouths of the customers. Edwyd smiles and bellows, "Well, well! Here you have it. Seems it's still drizzling outside. Did you clever devils devise a way to protect the pie while keeping it on display?"

"We have hired a covered cab to convey and protect your pie to your wife. To protect the pie from the bakery to the cab, we may simply hold a cloak over it...unless you have anything more suitable?"

Medina

Explorer
Kalli gives Kaleva a sideways look. "It can be no distance, and it must take a few moments for the smell of the pie to excite a crowd. I am sure we can manage that far."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd smiles. "A covered cab! Excellent idea. And a cloak sounds fine as a temporary cover. Very good, very good! Who's taking the pie, then? I need to get started on heating up food for the post-parade patrons."

Edwyd offers the pie to the gang, eager to get back to the kitchen.

OOC: Happy New Year! Everybody have a good holiday? Now that we're all back, I think we can pick up the pace again, eh? ;)

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

After Edwyd hands the pie to the group, Arthur asks :

"If I'm not mistaken, all that remains is to proceed to our destination?"

Medina

Explorer
Kalli will take the pie, unless anyone else has a particular preference. Kalli would be happy with any of the group apart from Arther taking it at this stage.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd hands the pie to Kalli. "There you go. Take good care of it!" Edwyd departs your company to head back to the kitchen.

Some patrons finish up their meals and stand, looking expectantly at the party bearing the pie.

Remove ads