Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I'm not sure if Kalli has to deal the damage or not. If not then I won't - Kalli's trying to restrain Arthur, not hurt him. If the damage does have to be dealt, here's the damage roll. Also, I assume it's 1d3+Strength, so 6 damage

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

OOC: Fun with the grapple rules! Rae, I guess you used the grapple check posted for Kalli to pin Arthur as the opposed check to Arthur's escape artist check. I didn't know that a successful grapple automatically deals damage like an unarmed strike either. But there it is in the rules, I guess you play and learn.

Kaleva is uncomfortable by the struggle, and comments, "I am sure that we can all comport ourselves better than this."

OOC: I don't really have an action yet. Kaleva will still try to interpose himself between any struggle and the objects in the bakery. If Arthur proves that he may cause damage to anything, he will aid a grapple to restrain him.

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

OOC: I use my move action to resume my search I guess...BTW, a method I use to get an accurate D3 roll is to take a D6 and whenever I get a result of 4+, I substract 3. So basically, you get two 1s, 2s and 3s. Which gets you a perfect D3 :D

After getting free, Arthur frantically resumes his search for the divine smell.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC to epicbob: Arthur already knows the smell is coming from the kitchen. Presumably he tries to move towards it? If he does so, he'll provoke attacks of opportunity from Kaleva and Kalli (who have their quarterstaves out).

OOC to Kaleva: Yeah, I think the grapple check always deals nonlethal damage, whether you want it to or not. I vaguely recall reading something about being able to choose a lower number on a die roll after you've made it, but I can't find the rule now, so maybe I'm making that up.

(Waiting on action from Arthur, and potentially AoO's from Kalli and Kaleva)

(Happy holidays, everybody! I'm visiting family and traveling a lot for the next week, so I might be slow in responding.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: Yes, I think you can.

However, I just realized, since Kalli dealt Arthur nonlethal damage, I think that it's apparent to Arthur that by continuing to pursue this goal he's putting himself in danger, which breaks the effect.)

Kalli, struggling on the ground with Arthur, can't avoid smacking him on the head a few times, dazing him. Suddenly, Arthur realizes that Kalli is willing to do him harm if he continues on this path. And suddenly, as though from a dream, Arthur wakes up. The pie smells as delicious as it did a moment ago, but he no longer feels compelled to seek it out.

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

OOC: I'll roleplay as if I was still grounded, if I trust your last narrative

Arthur, while trying to undo himself from Kalli's grasp, attempts to get a word out :

"VERY WELL! Very well! I'll be patient, already! Now please unhand me!"

Kaleva

First Post

OOC: "VERY WELL! Very well! I'll be patient, already! Now please unhand me!"
OOC:

Kalleva contemplates the scene with consternation, "If this is scent of the pie is this powerful, then I can see that we may have some difficulty with the crowd. I think I understand a little better now."

Medina

Explorer
Slowly Kalli backs away, still wary about whether Arthur might make a dart for the pie. "Glad to see you've come to your senses now," he says, after a few seconds.

Kaleva

First Post

Kaleva helps Arthur back to his feet. "How do you feel? I can give you the blessing of Chennet' if you feel too shook up."

"This is troubling however, I hope we do not have to smack the head of everybody who becomes overcome by the scent of the pie."

Remove ads