Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
Vadim is caught up in examining the artifacts, his archeologist's inquisitiveness getting the better of him, and is slow to react to the bugs' attack . . .

Initiative (1d20+5=9)

OOC: What were the Perception checks for? I think I missed it . . .

OOC: Only Brendan said he was actively looking about the room, so he rolled. I did passive for all others. The Centipedes got a thirty on their stealth check, so they slipped up on everyone. I don't think anyone can beat at thirty even on an active check anyway. They are pretty wimpy. If they hadn't all gotten that free shot I doubt anyone would have taken a hit at all.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Besharrn whirls on his attacker and neatly splits the giant centipede into a pair of medium quinquagintipedes that are quite dead.

B'rii also turns and hacks at his own attacker, but his bastard sword glances off the creature's thick hide.

Falco sidesteps and tosses a bit of multicolored sand at the centipedes and utters a brief prayer. The sand blazes up in a swirl of vivid color that dazzles the eyes. One of the centipedes is quite overcome by the stunning colors and it falls unconscious to the stone floor. The other turns its segmented body away just at the right moment at its eyes are shielded from the worst of the magic's effect.

The remaining two centipedes attack B'rii and Kendra. Both miss though one does leave a slime trail on the hem of B'rii's chain shirt.

Kendra casts a defensive spell upon herself.

OOC: The party is up.

Brendan 10
Vadim 9
Dannis 4
Besharrn 22
B'irr 17
Falco 16
Centipedes 15
Kendra 11

[sblock=DC16 Spellcraft check]Kendra cast Mage Armor on the defensive.[/sblock]

Attachments

• False Crypt R2.xls
    39 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Still somewhat dazed and confused, Brendan will back up into a postion that he thinks will give him a chance to catch several in an arcane attack

OOC: Hmmm, from where he is now he can hit the unconscious one that hit him and one other. By moving to L7 I guess you can hit the two unhindered ones that remain. You can take a move action and still cast a spell with a casting time of standard action.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

Besharrn moves to G6 from H5 [1 square] and attacks another giant centipede [F5]. Looks like he possibly divided another one!

CRIT! X2 damage = 13 hp dam to a second centipede.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

B'rii will swing again at the giant insect in front of him, but the rainbow effect in the air seems to have distracted him.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan will take a step back and send forth sheets of flame (Burning Hands) against the two fresh foes (9 points of damage reflex of 16 to save for 1/2)

Scotley

Hero
CRIT! Max damage = 8 hp dam to a second centipede.

OOC: In Pathfinder you roll damage twice with modifiers and add the damage together for a crit (or multiple times with certain weapons with an x3 or x4 crit value) Max damage on a crit is 4e. He'll already be half cooked by the time you get a shot anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads