The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian sighs, a bubbling sound.

"We were talking back in the chamber. All these things, they all seem connected to some central ... I don't know what, exactly. But if we find it and take care of it, collecting the rest of the shards is going to be a whole lot easier.

"If I were something that wanted centralized control, it seems like the bowels of the ship would be the best place for that, so heading toward the earth stone might be a good idea.

"Where's the air stone in relation to where we are? Can we count on passing back through here, or should we strap this thing to my back? I can take on a stronger form to amplify the lifting magics I'm using if need be."

[sblock=mini-stats]Full Sheet
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), Reflex save: +8
[b]Medium Water Elemental:[/b] AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Wild Shape (Medium Water Elemental) (8 hours)
 Midian: Ant Haul (16 hours): new Carrying Capacity limits: 174, 348, 525
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)
 Kraken: Freedom of Movement (80 minutes)
 Control Water (lower): 80 minutes (dismissable)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 6/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, [s]Ant Haul[/s], Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I would have suggested us retrieving the fire shard next, as our capture of the water shard may have a negative effect on whatever magical balances are still latent inside the vessel. However, seeing that the earth shard is closer and that it may be unwise for us to store the water and the fire shards in close proximity of one another for lengthy amount of time, I will agree to take the course of action Hendrick suggests. Let us find a place to store the water shard so that Midian may be better able to defend himself in case of trouble," Doral chimes in.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Reckon Middo's got a good point," says Kraken. "We should take out whatever's controlling these tentacles as soon as poss, and deeper down seems like the place to go, eh? However," he looks around the group. "Something bothers me. We're supposed to collect all these crystals, right? But Hendo here says that these opposing element thingies will spell bad news if we bring 'em too close." He shrugs. "Eh, worry about that when we've got them all, eh?"

Shayuri

First Post
"As long as the shards are intact, there shouldn't be much of a problem having them close," offers Whisper. "I suppose it's best if they dont' touch, though really even that shouldn't matter. The elemental essenses are imprisoned in the shards. So long as the shards are intact, and the essences aren't actually being released or channeled..."

She shrugs.

"Admittedly, I haven't seen elementals of this power bound before." A grin curved her lips. "It should be interesting, regardless."

"At any rate, yes. We're better off seeking the 'queen' of this hive while we're still fresh and relatively unhurt. We'll only get more tired and less able to fight over time, so we can't afford to fight a war of attrition. We must strike as directly and quickly as we can."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Henrick turns to Midian and says, ""The air shard is somewhere below us and forward a bit. I'm not sure exactly where, but it feeds air throughout the ship so there has to be piping that moves that much air. I don't know where the best place to stash the water shard at. Maybe the cooler we slept in. It might be easier to ascend to the street level and move to the bow rather than try to move through the corridors to the front of the ship. There's a lot of debris."

He rubs his hands nervously as Whisper suggests seeking out the nest of the creatures.

Shayuri

First Post
"Mmm. If the air shard keeps the air in the ship fresh, maybe it should be last," Whisper points out. "I don't really want to have to slog through the underbelly of this hulk, fighting monsters while gasping for breath."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods, "Then let us place this shard in the room Heinreick has suggested and traverse the ship for the earth shard, as it is still closer. Then we may progress towards the fire shard, saving the air shard for last."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Sounds like a plan," says Kraken. He looks ar Hendrick. "You okay coming along with us, mate?" he says. "We could use your navigation, eh? But more'n likely we'll meet more tentacle things, possibly even more of your old muckers."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian's watery head nods, and he hefts the crystal onto his shoulder.

"Now that we have a plan, I suggest we move. We've not been the quietest of visitors, so who knows how long before the hive mind decides it needs to send something to investigate. My spells make it nearly impossible to track us by scent or trace, but noise is still noise, and we made plenty here."

[sblock=mini-stats]Full Sheet
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), Reflex save: +8
[b]Medium Water Elemental:[/b] AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Wild Shape (Medium Water Elemental) (8 hours)
 Midian: Ant Haul (16 hours): new Carrying Capacity limits: 174, 348, 525
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)
 Kraken: Freedom of Movement (80 minutes)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 6/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, [s]Ant Haul[/s], Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods. "Earth shard first, then fire, then air. And we'll need to scout a fast way out from the air shard before we take it. Lets get started. Every second's against us."

Remove ads