The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Little fella might be useful, eh?" says Kraken. He sheathes his sword and lifts the bench off the automoton's leg.

OOC: I'll be moving jobs and house shortly, so updates might be patchy for the next few weeks.

Shayuri

First Post
As Doral examines the little construct, Whisper actually tries to see if it can, or will, react to spoken commands.

"Identify yourself," she tells the construct. "What are your orders?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Maybe we can use the little fella, eh?" says Kraken. He sheathes his sword and lifts the table off the fallen construct.

OOC: Odd, I'm sure this went up yesterday.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think it did, Dr. Si. My control panel kept telling me yesterday that there was a new post by you, but the thread wouldn't show me page 79 until this morning. Not sure what, but I think there was some kind of glitch going on there.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken lifts the fallen furniture with a grunt and sets it upright. The little automaton freezes in place during the movement and waits. After he steps back it looks down at its leg and moves it experimentally. With a slight squeaking of gears that have been unused for several years it stands upright. The leg appears undamaged even after being pinned so long. Doral moves in closer to examine it from a better angle. Whisper addresses it directly. It looks up at her, then at Kraken. It has no mouth, but there is a thin band of steel with hinged at the ears shaped like a jaw. The head tilts back and forth and the jaw waggles with slight squeaks as an answer. It also holds up the broom for inspection to indicate its last command

Doral
[SBLOCK]
He can see a grill or vent at the rear of the machine. Inside is the glint of a sliver of dragonshard, no bigger than a grain of rice. Likely that is the source of the animating force inside of it. If he were to pry open the rear of it he could remove the shard. Doing so would most likely irrepairably damage the automaton.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says, "Our new friend is powered by a tiny dragonshard, but I have little reason to turn it off in such a crude way as doing so will result in permanent damage. I shall try giving him a simplified command and perhaps later we shall take him with us." Doral looks at the automaton and with difficulty keeps it simple, "Stay still."

jkason

First Post
Midian raises and eyebrow and actually cracks a wry smile.

"If only all our problems were as easy to solve," he says, then returns to preparing the space for his hiding magics.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper takes the broom from the frozen automaton, her face in a pinched frown. Such things always bothered her. They were supposed to be mindless, but she always wondered if it was so. Warforged weren't, after all. What would it be like to exist in such an abjectly servile state, without end, without hope of release? Without a mouth to question or complain. Unable even to dream of something better.

She sits down against a wall to get some rest and lays the broom handle across her lap. For now at least, the little machine could rest as well.

Remove ads