4 fighter / psion = 2 bonus feats
5 fighter / psion = 1 bonus monk feat + 1 bonus psi feat
6 fighter / Elocater = side step charge +1 level psion +1 feat +1 lvl feat
7 fighter / monk = +1 bonus feat + 1 monk feat
8 pw / monk = 1 bonus psi feat, +1 monk feat
9 any prestige or class = 1 bonus lvl feat

this is +20 in 9 levels
-I count 18 feats mentioned.
-Where do the bonus feats come from in level 4? Fighter 3 doesn't get one, Psion 4 doesn't get one.
-Is level 5 a Fighter feat? it says Monk.
-at level 6, I get the lvl feat, but where does the "feat +1" come from? 5th level of fighter doesn't have one.

I was assuming that since if you get an identical class feature from both sides of the gestalt, you only get it once.
If you could get two bonus feats in a single level, then by all means stack um up! I'd encourage first 2 levels to be Psychic Warrior//Fighter for all that feats loaded up front.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
-I count 18 feats mentioned.
-Where do the bonus feats come from in level 4? Fighter 3 doesn't get one, Psion 4 doesn't get one.
-Is level 5 a Fighter feat? it says Monk.
-at level 6, I get the lvl feat, but where does the "feat +1" come from? 5th level of fighter doesn't have one.

I was assuming that since if you get an identical class feature from both sides of the gestalt, you only get it once.
If you could get two bonus feats in a single level, then by all means stack um up! I'd encourage first 2 levels to be Psychic Warrior//Fighter for all that feats loaded up front.
Well, most bonus feats aren't the same or allow to choose from the same list. So, if they differ in any way it would be allowed in a Gestalt.

emanresu

First Post
Well, most bonus feats aren't the same or allow to choose from the same list. So, if they differ in any way it would be allowed in a Gestalt.

I think I did this before but my pc died - didnt make ref save and BOOM!
the more you tool around with diff class combos the more I liked fav soul / sorcerer.

emanresu

First Post
by the way a PC just had his build rejected by DM. The campaign was a evil gestalt starting at level 8. He made a saving throw machine with spells and BAB and the DM said it was to much. Apparently you can take a few levels in Hexblade and Paladin and build a monster

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
by the way a PC just had his build rejected by DM. The campaign was a evil gestalt starting at level 8. He made a saving throw machine with spells and BAB and the DM said it was to much. Apparently you can take a few levels in Hexblade and Paladin and build a monster
I got the impression from the first post that power was being encouraged.
...I'm having trouble figuring how Paladin//Hexblade could be a monster. neither class is terribly powerful, and I'm not seeing the synergizing combo being something a DM should fear, but to each his own.

And so, I'm curious as to what your DM would allow.

Suggest Druid/Planar Shepard//Wizard/Incantrix and see if he bats an eye.

on a more serious note, would your DM allow for races with level adjustments on one side, and class levels on the other? Templates?

emoplato

First Post
Ohh... Saving Throw machine. Got it.
Still not very powerful. Sturdy, harder to kill, but not tons of offense.
He could be a fairly decent melee tank. The charging smite ACF trades a mount for triple smite damage. Then the Gray Guard advances and pulls away a lot of the smite limitations along with some very interesting things to do with lay on hands(direct damage, no save for evil as well as a couple debuffs). What do you sacrifice? The thing you already traded for. Plus let us not forget the sturdier familiar option of the Hexblade.

emanresu

First Post
like I had mentioned he had fight w/ DM, or a heated debate, as the other gamers told me, all about saving throws, Dm was saying he would not allow CHA to saves twice. PC was angered, boohooo end of story. Other side of gestalt was 8th fav soul or Sorcerer? Todd never told me, he just stormed down the driveway pissed off that his PC was rejected.

end of drama, apparently his saves were almost all 20's, no big deal, right?

cjosephs1s

First Post
While I'm sure all of these suggestions are great, since you have a "no holds barred" option, think of picking up a racial class from Savage Species. Some of my favorites are The Ghaele (Great stat boosts, Cleric casting to 14th level, SR, DR, NA, Good saves, Good skill points, some feats, Spell like abilities including cure light wounds at will, Incorporeal transformation with huge movement speed increase, Minor globe of invulnerability, Celestial qualities, some immunities and the list goes on) Trumpet Archon (you get most of the same as the Gheale except stats are more evenly distributed), Treant (huge sized, massive STR and Con boosts great for fighter types and only 12 levels), Ogre Mage (improved invisibility at will plus stat boosts and other cool goodies), Raksasha (nearly impossible to hit with spell casting and makes for a decent caster themselves) and these are just a few.

Also for feats since you have basically no rules other than a printed source check out this book (we call it the green book and our DM has banned its use due to its sheer power....see attachment)

Attachments

• d20feats all d20 sources.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,031

Remove ads