opinions of class combos, prestige & gestalt build

emanresu

First Post
I have read suggestions with builds here and there on this forum. Hints and ideas with spells, powers, item & feat combos to help create or "beef" up a pc. If given free reign, no holds barred, so to spk, what would you come up with? I was interested in your opinions/suggestions on a build of your own creation. Show build level progression so simpletons, such as myself, can keep up.

Heres where I may loose some of you, I hope not, as I, we, need the help. The campaign is gestalt, I know, "its over the top" but its a high power / high action campaign. "legit" sources/ materials welcome (no homebrew or wiki). If its on line, or dragon mag it's probably OK. And prestige classes OK even the prestige classes that add level of spellcaster in 1 or 2 classes. Just keep in mind the DM limits

so let your creative juices flow, flavor is nice, a solid strong pc is likewise is a must as the DM throws CR +3 at this group!

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Some suggestions:

Factotum//Wizard
Factotum//Warblade
Factotum allows for Free action boosts to things. Great when combining with, well, most anything. Great Intelligence synergy.

Warlock//Dragonfire Adept
With a wider variety of 24 hour abilities, ranged touch attacks and area attacks, this is good times.

I haven't built one, but I've often wondered if Duskblade//Fighter would be effective with granting the Duskblade all those extra feats. Duskblade//Any full caster would allow the character to channel spells through the attacks.

Druid//Ranger would give you all the saves, make you a Druid with full BAB, Favored Enemy goodness, and technically two Animal Companions since you receive the class features at different levels. Less a Gestalt, more a Druid upgrade, as if a Druid would need an upgrade.

It'd be a little MAD, but any combo Crusader//Warblade//Swordsage, simply for the versatility of Maneuver options.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
Elan Egoist/Totemist, a self-sufficient multi-damage pouncer. An Egoist is a psion whose discipline is psychometabolism which deals with a lot of transmutation-like effects. If Eberron is allowed in the higher levels save gold earth elemental arm graft that gives some durational earth glide A totemist is an incarnum class whose specialty is multi-attack/damage as well as some very good movement and sense capabilities. This build could immediately soak 180 points of damage, charge through walls, attack you 8 or more times laced with multiple dies of damage as touch attacks, and retreat in the ground for safety after killing some key enemies in one round.

Last edited:

Empirate

First Post
A note on Duskblade: can only channel spells that are Duskblade spells (i.e., on his list of spells known and cast as a Duskblade). So Duskblade//full caster isn't actually too exciting.

Trance-Zg

First Post
Wizard/ranger. Primary wiz with ranger filling in HP,saves,skills,BAB and some range DPS.

druid(PHB2 shapeshift)/scout

rogue/ninja. did you say he is flat-footed? :D

emanresu

First Post
Spell to Power Ardent/Archivist. Every power, every spell.

Archivist is a very strong class IF your DM allows access to domains, not to mention its off the beaten path - different, having unique spell list and in class features, yes I am a big fan of this class

Ardent ? elaborate on class mechanic, please

Remove ads