• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

opinions of class combos, prestige & gestalt build

emanresu

First Post
I have read suggestions with builds here and there on this forum. Hints and ideas with spells, powers, item & feat combos to help create or "beef" up a pc. If given free reign, no holds barred, so to spk, what would you come up with? I was interested in your opinions/suggestions on a build of your own creation. Show build level progression so simpletons, such as myself, can keep up.

Heres where I may loose some of you, I hope not, as I, we, need the help. The campaign is gestalt, I know, "its over the top" but its a high power / high action campaign. "legit" sources/ materials welcome (no homebrew or wiki). If its on line, or dragon mag it's probably OK. And prestige classes OK even the prestige classes that add level of spellcaster in 1 or 2 classes. Just keep in mind the DM limits

so let your creative juices flow, flavor is nice, a solid strong pc is likewise is a must as the DM throws CR +3 at this group!

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Some suggestions:

Factotum//Wizard
Factotum//Warblade
Factotum allows for Free action boosts to things. Great when combining with, well, most anything. Great Intelligence synergy.

Warlock//Dragonfire Adept
With a wider variety of 24 hour abilities, ranged touch attacks and area attacks, this is good times.

I haven't built one, but I've often wondered if Duskblade//Fighter would be effective with granting the Duskblade all those extra feats. Duskblade//Any full caster would allow the character to channel spells through the attacks.

Druid//Ranger would give you all the saves, make you a Druid with full BAB, Favored Enemy goodness, and technically two Animal Companions since you receive the class features at different levels. Less a Gestalt, more a Druid upgrade, as if a Druid would need an upgrade.

It'd be a little MAD, but any combo Crusader//Warblade//Swordsage, simply for the versatility of Maneuver options.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
Elan Egoist/Totemist, a self-sufficient multi-damage pouncer. An Egoist is a psion whose discipline is psychometabolism which deals with a lot of transmutation-like effects. If Eberron is allowed in the higher levels save gold earth elemental arm graft that gives some durational earth glide A totemist is an incarnum class whose specialty is multi-attack/damage as well as some very good movement and sense capabilities. This build could immediately soak 180 points of damage, charge through walls, attack you 8 or more times laced with multiple dies of damage as touch attacks, and retreat in the ground for safety after killing some key enemies in one round.

Last edited:

Empirate

First Post
A note on Duskblade: can only channel spells that are Duskblade spells (i.e., on his list of spells known and cast as a Duskblade). So Duskblade//full caster isn't actually too exciting.

Trance-Zg

First Post
Wizard/ranger. Primary wiz with ranger filling in HP,saves,skills,BAB and some range DPS.

druid(PHB2 shapeshift)/scout

rogue/ninja. did you say he is flat-footed? :D

emanresu

First Post
Spell to Power Ardent/Archivist. Every power, every spell.

Archivist is a very strong class IF your DM allows access to domains, not to mention its off the beaten path - different, having unique spell list and in class features, yes I am a big fan of this class

Ardent ? elaborate on class mechanic, please

Remove ads