OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game

mleibrock

First Post
Leif,

If I move Dru to I-20, he will be seen as the caravan moves from left to right. I'm thinking this is not what you wanted so I have you at d-20 next to Tiko. I want to get this moving so hopefully you are cool with this.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, it looks as though my MSXML files have gotten somehow corrupted. Although diagnostics says they're OK, several programs I use (including, unfortunately, HeroLab) say that they're not and are not working correctly.

I've got a few more things to try to get them fixed, but if they don't pan out I'll be spending significant time making sure everything's backed up, then doing a clean install of Windows (and a lot of praying). SO, if I disappear from the boards for a day or two (I surely hope that's all it ends up taking) that's where I'll be.

mleibrock

First Post
Sorry I have not been on the boards in a while. Next weekend is our youngest's pinewood derby and I have also been repainting our master bathroom's ceiling. We have a skylight in the bathroom which is really nice to have natural light in there but being in Chi-beria, it also develops a lot of condensation and ice and that runs down the ceiling to the wall when it thaws leaving water stains. It finally got to me so I have to paint. Coat one is now down - I'll do coat two next weekend. Here's a pic of the car - I wired in working lights that you can't see because I can't attach a video. The race is next Sat so I'll let you know how we did then.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.JPG
    IMG_2775.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 289

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun, I just tried to send you a PM and was told by the systen that you have to clear out some space before you can receive more.

mleibrock

First Post
Awesome. That looks so much better than the Pinewood Derby car I made in scouts. Mine was fast, though!

Well...It did look cool. I think it was the best looking car and lots of parents came up to me and told me the same but Aerodynamics plays a much bigger role than I thought, we tied for last! Next year...thin to win!

Leif

Adventurer
Just a thougt, but you might also try carving sizeable chunks ot of the bottom of the back of the car. Maybe not, but it seems like it would go faster if it was front-heavy. You could even embed some metal (like pellets for a pellet gun) in the front to make it heavier. Weights for balancing tires might also work. You want to be careful with this, though, or the racer will be disqualified.

Remove ads