[Pathfinder] Friadoc's 'Down Camlin Way' campaign [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
Hey, folks, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm still here and checking things out, but that I was just letting things develop before I dip back into the narrative.

Also, I thought I'd check and see if you folks are okay with the way I'm developing things, thus far? I know it might seem like a different take on things, turning what seemed like a simple task into something more and then adding to that. Basically, I'm hoping to have a mix of traditional challenges, be they combative, deductive, or skillful.

Cool?

I don't know. I think it has too much awesome in it.
No, no, no, just the right amount of awesome! Ok, ok, dump some more in if you must, but it's good as it stands. :D

Friadoc

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words, folks. They're much appreciated.

I shall be moving things forward here within the next day or so, work has just been a smidge hectic.

But I'm glad that you're enjoying the game, as I am, too.

Leif

Adventurer
Elven units of measure? [the 'sala']

Leif in IC said:
A 3 salas = about 30 meters.
OOC: about 97 feet
Oh, really? You're pulling my leg, aren't you, DeWar? I thought I was making up a totally fictitious and original elven unit of measure. Have I unintentionally plaigiarized somethiing/someone?

Or are you just giving us the conversion of 30 meters into a number of feet? Yeah, that's probably all that you meant. Sorry for my brain cramp.

Thinking about it more now, I'd say that the elves define a "Sala" as a distance equal to ten arrows laid end to end, so maybe just a bit over ten meters/thirty feet.* Possibly 102.25 feet, if a degree of toally made-up specificity/accuracy is desired. :p

*Elves being somewhat taller than humans [according to both Pathfinder rules and J.R.R. Tolkien] and thus having a bit longer draw length for their bows, and a human arrow being roughly a yard long.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Excellent. So we will walk exactly 99.625 feet away from the water so as to give us some wiggle-room to avoid anything untoward that may come afloat.

That is assuming, of course, that there is 99.625 feet of beach. If there is less than that then I suppose other arrangements must be made.

Friadoc

Explorer
*chuckles* While I'm grouchy that I didn't get my email notifications from this thread, I'm chuckling at its recent additions.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am having issues with the new changes: playing the game ling fails. could I get a copy of the link here to see if I can access it that way? never mind, found a link in the rg

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I just click on "Settings" and immediately get a list of all my subscribed threads that have been updated since my last log-in.

Remove ads