D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar) - Page 11




+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 237
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Malakai is stunned momentarily as he is pelted with arrows. With a flare of flame about his body, the Tiefling burns away the wooden shafts of the arrow, ensuring that the metallic heads will not bury themselves deeper in his flesh. The elf had range on him, easily, but they were in a confined space and had nowhere to run. Malakai had that advantage, and had power on his side. Feeling an immense rush of power envelope him and sensing that the spell came from Dina, Malakai smiled at her. That smile turned wickedly malicious as he turned his gaze back to the elf and pushed through the hedge blocking his way. Walking into the open was a dangerous move, but it allowed him to get close enough to his targets to get a clear shot.

    Malakai could see the elf within clearly, and best, he knew that the elf could now see him. Raising his dagger parallel with the ground, he aimed at the pointy-eared bowmen while allowing his mind to drift into the planes of Chaos in search for an apt source of elemental fire. Finding a pool of magma was quick, and Malakai quickly harnessed its fiery power, feeling it flow through his body. Wanting to truly punish the bandits blocking their way, he pulled on the magma pool as hard as he could with the force of his will. Feeling the pool drained of power and seeing the magma cool and harden into stone, he knew he was ready to unleash Hell...literally!

    "Vis vires qui exsisto, adustum viscus atqui mutatio os in cineris!"

    From the tip of his blade, two lines of black and red flames burst forth from Malakai's dagger, twisting around each other as they entered the house.

    "Scindo!" he shouted, as the bolts of fire reached a point equidistant from two of the Tiefling's foes. Suddenly, the bolts of fire unwrapped themselves, sending the black bolt off toward the Dwarf, and the red bolt toward the Elf.

    Actions

    Move: Moves through the hedge to Q27. (Assuming Hedge is difficult terrain. If not, please let me know).
    Standard: Malakai targets the elf with Elemental Bolt.
    Free Action: Uses Elemental Escalation, targeting the Dwarf and increasing the damage of Elemental Bolt by 1d10.

    Malakai hits 26 Reflex vs the Elf and hits 21 Reflex vs the Dwarf (Increase these by 1 if either of these creatures is bloodied). If any of those hit, it deals 24 fire damage to the hit creature.

    No Action: IF the elf is hit and is not killed by the above attack, then Malakai will use Hellfire Heart to deal another 6 fire damage to the elf and give it a -2 penalty to attacks vs Malakai until the start of Malakai's next turn. (Please let me know if Malakai uses this power or not so I can cross it off of my list of available powers)


    Malakai's Stats
    Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 4
    Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
    AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 20
    HP 40/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
    Speed 6, Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition
    Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) (used 1 of 2 per encounter), Hellfire Heart, Shield of Flames
    Daily Powers: Diabolic Transformation, Black Wrath of Hell
    Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter), Flame Bracers Poser (Daily)
    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Saturday, 25th August, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

 

  • #102
    OOC: Just need @Walking_dad to correct the wall and we're good. Oh and I finally approved Nathantiel WD

    Reflexes are 19 for elf, 21 for DB, 19 for dwarf.
    Fort is 17 for elf, 18 for DB, 22 for dwarf

    Edit: and on an unrelated matter, both Fhangrim and Gray are approved Meepo and Crimson
    Last edited by renau1g; Saturday, 25th August, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

  • #103
    OOC: changed the map / wall area. I wanted primarily to block the ones that looked like range attackers, so I did spare the dwarf.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #104

    You didn't think it would be that easy did you?

    Between the eldritch blast from Artemis, the wind buffets of Nathantiel and the fiery might of Malakai, the elf collapses under the assault, his body curled into a fetal position in a completely useless attempt to protect himself from the infernal flames.

    With a howl of anguish, which somehow seems to be right next to Malakai, "Eladrial! No!" and the tiefling feels a painful wound in his abdomen. Looking down a short sword is protruding out of a deep wound, held by a female drow with a fierce determined look on her face as she twists the blade in the wound.

    A human armed with a staff covered in frost walks around the corner, his eyes glassy as he looks at you, in a familiar voice he announces, "You should have listened and walked away. Now I'm afraid you have lost your chance to leave." he pronounces and levels the staff at Artemis. Despite some protection from cold, the unnatural chill leaves the hexblade shivering.

    The archers continue pelting the heroes, although they are far less effective this time.

    The dragonborn moves around the windwall and fires three bolts of arcane energy that slams into Artemis and Berry, and one that Lilli easily dodges.

    The dwarf moves up to go through the door, and then bumps into something and appears confused, the glassy look on his face evident.

    OOC: Round Highlights - Elf is dead. Two new enemies appear, one carries a staff, the other was invisible and appeared next to Malakai. Artemis and Malakai are almost ko'd.


    Actions

    Map - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yTmt5UVE#gid=0

    Drow - attacks Malakai - vs fort (Malakai); dmg (1d20+11=17, 4d8+7=34) hits for 34

    Human - moves to X23 (was in U18). Bolt of cold on Artemis - vs fort (Artemis); cold dmg (1d20+13=33, 2d8+9=12) crit for 20 cold damage (incl. resist)

    Scrubs - Lerrick, Lerrick, Dina, Artemis, Artemis (1d20+14=24, 1d20+14=29, 1d20+14=19, 1d20+14=18, 1d20+14=17) one hit on Lerrick for 6, miss Dina, two miss Artemis

    DB (dragonborn) - moves to Y21, Arcane Volley - vs ref (Artemis, Lilli, Berry) (1d20+13=28, 1d20+13=17, 1d20+13=29) hits Artemis and Berry for force (2d6+5=11)

    D (dwarf) - wants to double move to T29, but walks into Nathantial's square and stops.




    Status

    Please include your mini-stats in your combat posts.

    Lilli:
    Artemis: 7/42, bloodied, 6/8 surges, used SW
    Malakai: 6/46, bloodied
    Dina:49/54 -
    Lerrick: 51/57
    Nathantiel: 61/61
    Berry: 19/30

    D: 69/93 - AC: 24 - F/R/W: 22/19/19
    DB: 54/69 - AC: 20 - F/R/W: 18/21/20
    Elf: 4/55, used Elven Accuracy - dead
    Drow: 71/71 - AC: 22 - F/R/W: 19/19/21
    Human: 105/105 - AC: 24 - F/R/W: 22/21/19
    5 x X (scrubs): 1/1 - AC: 21 - F/R/W: 19/20/18

    Reflexes are 19 for elf, 21 for DB, 19 for dwarf.
    Fort is 17 for elf, 18 for DB, 22 for dwarf

    x on map denotes scrub

  • #105
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,050

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Dina encourages Malakai to continue the fight and then decides to help take care of the drow. Moving into position, the drow turns to face the new threat, and that is when Dina's plan is unleashed.

    "Artemis! Now!"


    Actions
    Minor: Inspiring Word - Malakai spends a surge healing surge value + 4
    Inspiring Word (2d6+1=4)
    Move: R27
    Standard: Provocative Order (Artemis)


    OOC: Artemis may make a charge attack as a free action at +1[W] damage. If Artemis attacks the drow he will get an additional +2 to hit.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Wait Artemis! The cleric's eyes turn bright silver, before a wave of healing warmth pours into the Hexblade. Now go!. Lerrick then turns towards the drow and mumbles to herself as she tries unsuccessfully to penetrate the drow's mind.

    actions

    movement: move to current location
    minor: healing word on Artemis: Artemis uses a healing surge for 10, with an additional 2d6+5= 11 for a total of 21 hp.
    attack: bane vs drow: 1d20+11 vs drow's will: miss


    Lerrick's Statblock

    Lerrick- Female Half-Elf Cleric 7
    Status: None
    Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 23

    AC 21: Fort: 18 Ref: 17 Will: 23


    HP: 51/57 Bloodied: 28 Surge value: 14 Surges/day:
    8/8 Speed: 5 squares,
    Languages: Common, Primordial

    Action Point: 1

    Second Wind: unused

    Powers:
    [ ]Astreal Seal
    [ ]Sacred Flame


    [ ]Channel Divinity: Favor of the Gods
    [ ]Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
    [ ]Knack for Success
    [x]Bane
    [ ]Noble Presence
    [ ]Denunciation
    [x][ ]Healing Word
    [ ]Hymn of Resurgence
    [x]Bastion of Health


    [ ]Life Transference
    [ ]Iron to Glass
    [ ]Moment of Glory
    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 26th August, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #107
    Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 7)

    Three stones are hurled from them "empty" spot Nate stands, felling one enemy and pushes the dwarf back. Leaving behind a conjured brush field, Nate moves into a safer position and Berry finally advances.

    OOC


    standard: cast magic Stone
    Combat Advantage (still invisible until movement) saves the round. Push D1 to X25
    minor: Nature Growth (green is difficult ground for non-allies)
    move: Nate to AA28, Berry to T30


    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 61 / 61 Bloodied: 30
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.0
    Healing Surge: 15 Surges per day: 9 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

    Condition:

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 19 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 19 / 30 Bloodied: 15
    Temporary Hit Points: -

    Conditions:
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Monday, 27th August, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #108

    Come on R1, no one thought you'd make this easy

    "Your fate is set, fool! You only delay the inevitable!"

    At Dina's command, he charges recklessly at the drow. His blade strikes true, the blow from the blade spilling astral light.

    When the drow disappears, Artemis swears, "Blast! Get back here you coward."

    Recognizing that the three allies standing together would be bad when the ice throwing wizard came around the corner, Artemis levels a blast at the enemy he could see, the dwarf, before moving into cover next to the manor.

    actions

    Prior to turn: Regain 21 HP.

    Free: Charge to P-27 for attack on drow w/ Resplendent Blade: 1d20+13+1+2, 1d10+15+1d10 → ([10, 13, 1, 2], [7, 15, 2]) Roll. Hit AC 26 for 24 radiant damage.

    Standard: Eldritch Bolt vs. dwarf: 1d20+10, 1d10+12 → ([14, 10], [9, 12]) Roll. Hit reflex 24 for 21 force damage.

    Movement: Move to U-23.



    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
    Status:
    Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

    AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
    Resist 5 cold

    HP: 28/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 5/8 Speed: 5 squares,
    Languages: Common, Primordial

    Action Point: 1

    Second Wind: used

    Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
    Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
    Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally
    Last edited by FourMonos; Monday, 27th August, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

  • #109
    OOC: @FourMonos - the charge was a free action so you still have a standard (or AP) and as it doesn't fall on your turn, I believe there's no interference with your normal actions.

    But! As an immediate reaction to getting hit by the charge the drow disappears from view.

    Uses Eldritch Escape

  • #110
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    837

    Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli realises she is somewhat exposed and takes cover behind the hedge.

    Lilli sees the dwarf standing out on the edge of her range suddenly accosted by a growth of verdant green plants and decides to use it in her spell. In the dwarf's mind, the plants suddenly whip up snakey tenebrous vines that threaten to suffocate him as they head towards his nostrils. The dwarf's psychic anguish threatens to spill over to the archer next to him...

    OOC: DM/Judge question: I think the spell in the previous round actually would have hit Lilli; if this is confirmed that this is the case, then Lilli will have actually used Shield spell to ward it off.


    actions
    Move action: Lilli moves to square S35, using the hedge as cover.

    Standard action: Lilli casts Nightmare Eruption on the Dwarf (D1).
    Total to Hit = 22. Potential Damage = 8.
    If hit, the Minion next to the dwarf in square X26 cops for 5 damage.

    Nightmare Eruption (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
    Target: One creature
    Attack: +9 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d8+6 Psychic damage and any enemy adjacent to the target takes 5 Psychic damage.

    On the dwarf (D1) - Feat: Phantom Echoes: When you use an arcane illusion power and hit a target, you gain combat advantage against that target until the end of your next turn. If the illusion power has an effect that a save can end, you instead gain combat advantage against the target until it saves against that effect.

    Potential Immediate actions:
    If hit by an attack and the use of the Shield spell will ward it off, Lilli'll use:

    Shield (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Personal Arcane, Force)
    Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
    Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.

    If Lilli becomes bloodied during a sequence of attacks and it looks like more attacks are incoming, Lilli'll use:

    Fade Away (Encounter Immediate Reaction Personal Illusion (Racial Ability))
    Trigger: You take damage.
    Effect: You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.


    Ministats:

    Lilli

    Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
    AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
    HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
    Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
    Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Fade Away
    Second Wind
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Prestidigitation
    Mage Hand
    Orb of Deception
    Use Vulnerability
    Illusory Ambush
    Nightmare Eruption
    Grasping Shadows
    Horrid Whispers
    Shield
    Maze of Mirrors
    Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
    Majestic Word
    Orb of Far Seeing - Encounter Power
    Orb of Far Seeing -Daily Power
    Feyleaf Sandals - Daily Power
    Last edited by Neil1889; Monday, 27th August, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 365
      Last Post: Thursday, 27th September, 2012, 04:32 AM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 312
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th February, 2012, 03:19 PM
    4. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
    5. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •