I hope the new "Dungeon Master Guide" talks extensively about playstyles.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
One thing I think needs to happen in 5th edition is extensive talk about the many different playstyles that exist in role playing games.

I hope this is done in the new "Dungeon Master Guide", if that's what it's called.

I see people on various forums talking about how a specific campaign belongs to the player's and then I see others talking about how the campaign belongs to the DM.

Well I feel this all revolves around playstyle and I think this needs to be addressed even more than before.

Some campaigns exist where the world revolves around the player's and then there are campaigns where the world is living and breathing and continues to function regardless of the PC's success or failure.

I personally don't want to see a system that is built around a specific style, I want 5th edition to be a system that can cater to all styles.

I'd like to see the DMG help DM's build adventures and run games that cater to different styles, and more importantly, help DMs build adventures and run games where each of the players at the table have different styles and interests.

Shadeydm

First Post
I could see the DMG outline what some of the most common playstyles are and then suggesting certain sets of modules to best facilitate each. If you like grim and gritty try adding modules C, G, and X if you want superhero PCs try modules A, F, J, and Z etc.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Yes.

I also think the PH is going to need to discuss playstyle when explaining different types of options for pcs.

Good point!

I think by doing this it will help the player's and DM both decide on a particular playstyle so the DM will know what kind of campaign to create and the players will know what type of PC's to create for the campaign.

Harlock

First Post
Good point!

I think by doing this it will help the player's and DM both decide on a particular playstyle so the DM will know what kind of campaign to create and the players will know what type of PC's to create for the campaign.

Human sacrifice! Players and DMs working together! Mass hysteria!

Remove ads