What whould Olidammara do?

Ragmon

Explorer
Hi guys.

Basic info:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Character: CN - Whisper Gnome - Rogue 4 // Cleric 4 (Olidammara) - Gestalt [Rolls were - 18, 18, 17, 17, 16, 16 (I know... :p )]
- Traded turn undead for Prestidigitation at will (Say what you will, our orc barbarian drank piss and he liked it).

- 2 other players

- DM is a bit inexperienced
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The situation:
So far we had fun:
- Go to town B protect the caravan
- Kill every random encounter
- Defeat the surprise undead invasion
- Caravan got destroyed with all the passengers
- Flee town B with the 1 remaining survivor and warn town A

This is where the train hits the tracks:
- On the way back to town A we figure out that the amulet that one of the caravans passangers gave us for defeating a random encounter on our way to town B wesent just awesome [+2 CON, +2 deflection AC], but it turned out to be cursed [Has sulfury smell, healed us for 10 HP/round, and we could not die, we felt a burning when we got healed].
- Got back to town A we automatically went to one of the players churches
- Ritual got on its way [DM made it feel nice and fluffy]
- The ritual went a wry and opened a portal to hell and devils started pouring out, the 3 of us survived when...
- When the person who gave us the amulets stepped out of a new portal that appeared and killed all the devils single handedly
- Turned out the world is ending and we have the option of helping her or she will force us to help her... but we have the choice of walking away...
- Which is a lie cause 1 of the players denied and got turned into something else...his next character
- The other player went through the portal with some resentment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for me:
- I said "good luck" to the bitch, turned around and walked away
- Now that would have been one of the awesomest things I ever did D&D... then I got ported back and got badgered why i didn't want to save the world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stopped there and on the way home i though, wouldent have that been what Olidammara would have done... to sit back, party and and see how the universe plays its biggest prank on the world.

Now I'm thinking of going along with the save the world thing, and then just at the end, pull the rug from under the whole plan.

Now, what do you guys think Olidammara would have done?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Dogma:
"Olidammara teaches his followers to avoid predictability and routine, to delight in wine, to learn music, to seek out happiness, joy, entertainment, and the company of others. Olidammara advises his faithful to appreciate both the jokes they play and the jokes played on them. He also teaches that misery, temperance, and solemnity are the greatest poisons to the soul."

Sounds like unpredictability. Avoidance of Solemnity. I think this fits.

You might die, but Olidammara might protect you (if the DM is willing) for doing such a thing.

Ragmon

Explorer
Dogma:
Sounds like unpredictability. Avoidance of Solemnity. I think this fits.

You might die, but Olidammara might protect you (if the DM is willing) for doing such a thing.

Hmm yea, I never thought of placing my character faith in his deity in this situation. I was purely concentrating on saying "no" to the heroism that is being forced on us... by a being of questionable morals...(gave us evil amulets).

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It sounds like a painful railroad. That said, I can't see Olidammara being keen on just standing aside and letting it happen. He's not good, he's capricious, but he's also the Laughing Rogue not just because he's laughing at people as the butts of his jokes, but also because he's joyful and seeking an entertaining life. And the destruction of the world would be a serious killjoy.

If you can't act in parallel with the railroady NPC, always trying to get one up on her in a practical jokey way but not working for her, resent her for forcing you into the position of heroism - and gain hilarious and appropriate revenge every time you are able. Make her regret pressing you into service and having to depend on her.

Ragmon

Explorer
Well F... thread closed. Our regular DM, the aforementioned guy who is making a new character, got pissed and is gonna take the reins.
So dilemma solved...tho I'm sad that i wanted to play this situation out.

Thnx for the help tho.

Remove ads