Would you like to help me raise some money for Cancer Research?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Hi there ENworlders!

For a change I'm not talking about gaming, but asking for some sponsorship.

You may be familiar with the TV programme 'Strictly Come Dancing' (aka 'Dancing with the Stars' in the US). I'm taking part in one that has been organised by my employer - learning how to dance with a professional partner in front of judges and a crowd of 500 people in order to raise money for Cancer Research. I've got just over a month to go and the prospect is pretty darn frightening.

However, my mum was successfully treated for cancer a couple of years ago, and I wanted to say 'thank you' for the research that makes it possible, and help promote cancer research today. All the profits from the event are going to cancer research, and I (and many of my colleagues) have set up 'just giving' pages to make it possible for friends to make a donation to the cause.

If you've had anyone you know touched by cancer, or you would just like to encourage me as I'm getting ready for a giant step outside my comfort zone, would you consider visiting my page at http://www.justgiving.com/Alex-Does-Strictly and making a donation? Every little helps.

Thanks for listening - and be thinking of me on 25th Jan!

Regards,
Plane Sailing

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've had a couple of dancing practices this week - and in the first one... well, one sound you never like to hear is your back going *crack* :(

At least it seems to be muscular injury rather than spinal, and it provides discomfort rather than pain most of the time. I'm determined to do this though - even if it does mean that the routine is now modified somewhat to remove the lifts...

Cheers

Remove ads