Archivist build help please

AF Stripes

First Post
I'm brainstorming an Archivist for my next campaign but I'm having trouble with a few things. I'm building more for flavor than mechanics (this character will double on play by post site as well) so it doesn't have to be Op. This character is going to be delving into the Far Realm and the basic idea is, after years of study in dusty catacombs in libraries and temples, she comes across something that tips her off to the Far Realm. She goes on a quest to learn more and as she gets deeper into the mythos her sanity slips exponentially. Her travels will lead her to the edge of sanity blah blah blah (its been done before but it never gets old.).

I have a rough build to work with:

Cloistered cleric for first level
archivist levels until
reaching entry levels for Alienist (When she reaches Alienist I plan on having her discover the secret of Cerebrosis (from dragon magazine)). :devil:

No clear idea on feats atm...I've hardly ever played casters in the past.

I also plan on importing monsters from Call of Cthulhu for more in depth character flavor and material.

Two things have come up in my search, both homebrew.
The first is an entire alternate build for the Alienist (found here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178430 ). I think this is a really good direction to take this PrC, but I'd like second opinions on ways it could be made better. The second is from another homebrew (here http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iztt?Alienist-PrC-from-COmplete-Arcane).

Whispers from Beyond (Alienist levels stack with Bard or Cloistered Cleric levels fro Bardic Knowledge/Lore ability)
I'm thinking this could be made into a feat that will allow any class or PrC that allows progression in Divine spellcaster levels to stack with Cloistered cleric levels for the bonus. This would allow both Archivist AND Alienist to make the ability more powerful over time. Any ideas on how i can phrase it?

It might be because I'm exhausted from work but I could really use some help here and you guys have never steered me wrong. Challange accepted?

Remove ads