Stat this up # 2

Cleon

Legend
Stealth skills would seem to make sense.

Speaking of skills and feats, are we using 3.5 or Pathfinder rules?

Well I'm still using 3.5.

If we start doing Pathfinder homebrews we'd add a "Pathfinder RPG" prefix to the post to make it clear what rule system the monster follows.

Cleon

Legend
Sure thing.

Fine, then we're back to Skills and Feats for the Foxdragon.

Freyar said "Stealth skills would seem to make sense" which I'm inclined to agree with.

A Pseudodragon's skill ranks are Diplomacy 0, Hide 6, Listen 6, Search 6, Sense Motive 6, Spot 6, Survival 0. Those don't work out right - it should have six skills at 4 ranks, not five skills at 6 ranks.

We could give our Foxdragon the same five skills as the Pseudo 'corrected' to 5 ranks and add another skill - I'd go for Move Silently.

That'd give it:

Skills #1: Diplomacy +3, Hide +16, Listen +6, Move Silently +8* (+12 flying), Search +5, Sense Motive +6, Spot +5, Survival +1 (+3 follow tracks)

Plus any bonuses from Racial Traits, Special Abilities and Skills we decide on.

I still like the idea of a "+4 to Hide when using heat haze", which'll give it the same Hide modifier as a Pseudodragon.

Also, how about changing Search to another skill? Since they're 'Tricksy' I think Bluff would make more sense, which'd give it:

Skills #2: Bluff +6, Diplomacy +5, Hide +16, Intimidate +3, Listen +6, Move Silently +8* (+12 flying), Sense Motive +6, Sleight of Hands +5, Spot +5

I like the #2 mixture better.

Cleon

Legend
So, any preferences for the Feat?

Pseudodragons have Alertness, but that's kind of boring.

Flyby Attack is pretty unoriginal but seems appropriate for 'em.

Remove ads