Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius trails in hot pursuit! No, literally; sparks and embers and left in his wake as he flickers down the corridor at full speed.

OOC: Double move 80 feet.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi absently runs her arm, where one of the needles has broken the skin. "Son of a bitch! That stings!!" she cries. "I'd guess some sort of poison, can we get a move on please!

ooc: Fort save: 1d20+2 5

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
"Irori's sweaty . . . Cripes, that hurt!" Manachan dusts off his singed clothing as he follows Ignatius down the hall after the woman . . . or whatever she is.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Failed save (w/ an 11). Double move after the woman.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius and Manachan charge down the corridor to the bend, where they come to a circular chamber with a pool in the centre. Rising up out of the pool, and looming ominously above them, is a ten foot tall statue of a cobra, but with a multitude of arms down the length of its body, each arm bearing a scimitar. Of the woman, there is no sign.

Meanwhile, ominous clicking and grinding sounds start up in the corridor where Edmond is. Only now he notices that the alcoves all bear upright human-sized sarcophagi, in the style of a weeping woman, and the floor is decorated with red mosaic tiles the resembles a smear of blood.

[sblock=OOC]
Mhairi takes 2 Dex damage.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 9.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 9.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 111

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ignatius, Manachan! Don't split us up! Let her go!"

Wary of new trap mechanism Edmond runs back toward Mhairi, trying to keep together at least parts of the group.

OOC: Full AC bonus from expertise

Axel

First Post
ooc: Goddamned stupid system... No notifications, and I kept seeing an unchanged cached view. Sorry guys. :-(

Mhairi clutches Edmond's elbow in alarm. "We can't wait here Ed, these needles will at me alive! When I count to 3, leg it!
1, 2, ...."

ooc again: Effectively "passing" so Edmond and Mhairi can do the corridor dash together.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond and Mhairi run back down the corridor with the iron maidens in an attempt to join Manachan and Ignatius. As the are nearly at end, approaching the last set of maidens, the floor beneath them suddenly tilts up, sliding them south between the last set of maidens. The floor before them tilts up as well, creating a wall and effectively trapping them between the two maiden statues. And then the maiden on the western side begins making a horrific shrieking and wailing sound that can be felt in the bones as much as heard.

At about the same time, there is a hissing sound from the base of the fountain in the round room where Ignatius and Manachan wait. Whirling blades shoot out from the fountain and begin spinning around it, turning the area between the statue and the wall into a whirling mass of steel.

[sblock=OOC]
Trap-o-geddon!

Edmond and Mhairi need to make a Balance DC 12 check to remain standing after being dumped into the trap, and a Fortitude save DC 15 or be stunned and deafened due to the screaming (one save works for both).

Ignatius and Manachan must make a Reflex save DC 15 or take 27 damage (0 on a successful save).
[/sblock]

Remove ads