What film did you just see?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I just saw John Dies at the End. Not bad. The begnning is funny and edgy, very well written, but it loses some of its punch as the films moves a long and it just becomes a bit zany. The cosmic horror elements are familiar, but we see so little of them in films that it was nice to see.

It made me curious about the book, anyone read it?

Anyway, which film did you just see?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
The most recent movie I've seen was Man of Steel.

I'd never even heard of the movie you're talking about until just right now.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I've been curious about John Dies at the End. Still haven't caught it yet.

Last thing I saw was Elysium. Next one, probably Gravity.

Rush!

Fantastic Ron Howard movie. Great cinematography and sound design especially for a racing geek like me. For those not into Formula 1 racing -- and no prior interest or background is required to follow this story about the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda during the 1976 season -- the characters, relationships, and acting are all superb. The drama is intense, made even more interesting by the fact that it's all true; they had to eliminate a lot of details and drama from the real story to get it to fit into movie length. It's one of those cases where real life is more dramatic than fiction could ever be. I need to drag my wife out to see it now; she's not a racing fan (though she was a good sport and went with me to see Senna) but she's really going to enjoy the characters and the story.

Crothian

First Post
I just saw John Dies at the End. Not bad. The begnning is funny and edgy, very well written, but it loses some of its punch as the films moves a long and it just becomes a bit zany. The cosmic horror elements are familiar, but we see so little of them in films that it was nice to see.

It made me curious about the book, anyone read it?

I have not seen the movie but the book was odd but neat. I imagine it would be a different experience as the book does some things that I can't see translating to the big screen.

delericho

Legend
Iron Man 3 for me. I did mean to go see Riddick in the cinema, but it seems I've missed it. I expect the next film I see will probably be Thor 2.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Well I saw SharkNado. That was cheap and bad. No real "ha-ha" effect or "oh, that is cleaver". Maybe I wasn't drunk enough. Ashame, such a great concept.

On a small budget scale and doesn't take itself seriously, Bounty Killer is much more effective.

[video=youtube;mkg5C-XEPZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkg5C-XEPZE[/video]

Remove ads