What film did you just see?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I think I'm gonna go see Gravity tonight in 3d Imax. I shall be HIGHLY disappointed if it turns out to be nothing more than Open Water with CGI.

The acting is good, as you'd expect from the talent they lined up and the story being told, but like Avatar it is definitely a showcase for the CGI which I found riveting.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Last movie I saw in theater was Rush. I was quite entertained. Just a tad doubtful when I went in but shouldn't have been surprised at that with a Ron Howard production, whose movies have always been quite excellent. It seemed just a bit "by the numbers" at first but about halfway in it started to really click. Even those who are not really racing fans should be able to enjoy it as the story does revolve around the rivalry and clashing personalities as opposed to the spectacle of racing.

Picked up the "unrated" bluray of World War Z. Didn't notice a bloody thing different from the theatrical release. I think it needed a more consistent emotional hook to hang itself on. Yes it's all very tragic that billions of people the world over are now savage undead but we aren't really given much reason to care about that. Our sympathies are all tied to a United Nations "investigator" being blackmailed into finding the source in order to save his family. It might have been more entertaining if it were simply more of an action movie than attempting to sing the praises of the UN whenever possible. I'd much rather be rah-rah-ing for the good ol' USA than USA forces and equipment under the direction of the UN. I mean... really? The UN? Probably just my personal politics coloring my views but that bothered me more than anything else in the movie because I found that the most difficult thing on which to suspend my disbelief. As a collection of zombie-fight set pieces I found it perfectly serviceable. Not awesome as I'd really hoped, but that tends to come of repeated rewrites by teams of writers, and probably even more so because the movie has ELEVEN producers - a serious lack of focus on just what the hell it is you're all doing.

I think I'm gonna go see Gravity tonight in 3d Imax. I shall be HIGHLY disappointed if it turns out to be nothing more than Open Water with CGI.
Prazing the UN, where did you see that?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd much rather be rah-rah-ing for the good ol' USA than USA forces and equipment under the direction of the UN. I mean... really? The UN? Probably just my personal politics coloring my views but that bothered me more than anything else in the movie because I found that the most difficult thing on which to suspend my disbelief.

Please keep your politics off EN World. Thanks. We provide circvsmaximvs.com for that.

Kramodlog

I just saw True Romance. Pretty entertaining. It was written by Tarantino, but directed by Tony Scott.

I recognize Tantinesque dialogues and themes, but lacks some of the Tantinesque punch (aesthetic choices of Scott I guess). Still a good movie to watch with a girl.

Kramodlog

Sophia Coppola's The Bling Ring. I loved it. A very sober retelling of what might of happened. I guess when they say write about what you know, it also applies to directors too, cause she only seems to make films about Hollywood lately.

Ashame it didn't get more mediatic coverage.

Last edited:

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I just saw True Romance. Pretty entertaining. It was written by Tarantino, but directed by Tony Scott.

I recognize Tantinesque dialogues and themes, but lacks some of the Tantinesque punch (aesthetic choices of Scott I guess). Still a good movie to watch with a girl.

True Romance is pretty awesome. I just watched Lincoln over the weekend. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Remove ads