SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Remember, we're playing WEDNESDAY this week, not Thursday! Same time as usual.
Next week will be Thursday.
Christmas week will be no game.
New Year's Eve...I seriously don't do anything for the holiday and would be fine running the game if you guys want. We can take a 15 min break around midnight.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
So obviously, there was no game tonight, as I said.
Next week...we agreed to play on Wednesday night due to Thursday being New Year's Eve. Is that still good for everyone?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I'm working on the final loot sale for this chapter. Quite a doozy... Check post 6, it's pretty up to date now. In any case, from the loot you gained before meeting Clan Millorn, I assume you are keeping:

Wand of cure moderate wounds (9 charges) (405)
Potion of cure light wounds x8 (25 each)
Potion of cure moderate wounds x6 (150 each)

Since you're splitting the treasure with the clan for stuff found after that point, I have to assume everything is sold to figure out the cuts (remind me if I forget after you escape, you can re-negotiate your split), but if the party would like any of these items, please let me know. You'll of course have first pick of the rest of the items, too for buying for yourselves (as in, I'm not going to tell you, "sorry, Oller really wanted that"). But these seemed like potential "party items":

Hellwasp Honey x90 doses [heals 1 hp per dose; 20+ per day poisons imbiber] (5 each; 20 if proper connoisseur is found...finding one may take a while)
Wand of Restoration (9 charges) (2790)
Wand of CLW (50 charges) (375)
Scroll of Restoration x8 (450 each)
Scroll of Heal x4 (825 each)
Scroll of Heroes' Feast (825)
Elixir of restoration (800)
Elixir of break enchantment (1125)
Potion of cure serious wounds x10 (375 each)

StarswordX

First Post
Kalinah would like these itmes:
Handy Haversack, Belt of Ogre Power +4, Dusty Rose Iuon Stone, Large MWK Heavy Flail, Oil of Magic Weapon x 3

I am sure Zayed will want the belt, so we can settle that tomorrow.

Scottbert

Villager
Stuff we should keep:
All healing wands and those oils of magic weapon
I'm assuming everyone else is voting for any armor and weapons they can actually use.
Immovable rods, so useful
All healing/recovery consumables
That scroll of heroes' feast could be great if we ever can see fear effects coming far enough in advance. I hate fear effects. That reminds me, add scrolls of remove fear to our to-get list.
the subdual lightning wand sounds like a great thing to hold onto in case we ever have to fight a group of people we really don't want to kill (Dassen all over again...)
I can't see any use for the inflict wand though.
May as well hold onto the honey until we find a conoisseur.

All of these things, I'm sure /someone/ can use, except the souls, which we're not selling because That Would Be Wrong. Is there any way to free the souls and then get some remaining value out of the gems?
Belt of Giant Strength +4 (8000)
Platinum Hairpin of Disguise (900)
Dusty Rose Iuon Stone [+1 insight AC] x5 (2500 each)
Clear Spindle Iuon Stone [sustains user w/o food or water] (2000)
Diamond with trapped soul x3 (10,000 each)
Horn of Fog (1000)
Rod of Viscid Globs [3/day launch a tanglefoot bag] (1000)
Rod of Transposition [3/day switch places w/ creature w/in 30 ft; will DC 13 negates] (3000)
Handy Haversack (1000)
Ashwood Figurine of Wondrous Power [As Marble Elephant, but a Dire Bear instead] (8500)

Spellbooks should be sold to our friends at the Lyceum.
We should ask them to take a look at the cheese too

Angir is keeping that gameboard if noone else is. Magic strategy games sounds like a great way to spend downtime.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Loot sale 1/22/16

Since some loot was before meeting Clan Millorn and most of it after, I needed to split the groupings up this time. Pre-clan:
[sblock]Lesser Bracers of Archery (2500)
Gloves of Arrow Snaring (2000)
Spined Shield (2790)
+1 steel heavy shield x5 (585 each)
+1 spiked full plate (1350)
Inviso-lance [+1 lance, 1/day greater invis when mounted] (5425)
[sblock]This +1 lance grants its wielder the ability to use greater invisibility once per day while he is mounted, affecting both him and his mount. The invisibility lasts 7 rounds, and ends if the wielder dismounts. The entire lance is made of magically treated glass that is as strong as steel.
Moderate illusion and transmutation, CL 7th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, greater invisibility. Price 10,850 gp; weight 10 lb.[/sblock]
Huge +1 Ranseur x2 (1170 each)
Large +1 Composite Longbow [+5 str] x2 (1750 each)
+1 dwarven waraxe (1165)
+1 lance x4 (1160 each)
+1 human-bane bolt x12 (83.05 each)
+1 elf-bane bolt x8 (83.05 each)
+1 orc-bane bolt x8 (83.05 each)
+1 dwarf-bane bolt x8 (83.05 each)
Wand of cure moderate wounds (9 charges) (405)
Potion of cure light wounds x8 (25 each)
Potion of cure moderate wounds x6 (150 each)
Oil of Magic Weapon x3 (25 each)
Large Mwk Heavy Flail x3 (165 each)
Large Mwk Lance x3 (160 each)
Large Composite Longbow [+5 str] (600 each)
Mwk Longsword x10 (157.5 each)
Mwk Light crossbow x10 (167.5 each)
Mwk Heavy Pick x5 (154 each)
Silver Short Sword x5 (15 each)
Large Fullplate [centaur-shaped] x3 (3000 each)
Heavy Crossbow x5 (25 each)
60 Cold Iron arrows (3)
40 Silver arrows (81)
40 arrows (1)
200 bolts (10)
Military saddle x5 (10 each)
Chain Shirt Barding x5 (200 each)
2090 gp[/sblock]

And post-clan (you get 75% of the sale price of the below items; they get 25%):
[sblock]Immovable Rods x2 (2500 each)
Wand of Restoration (10 9 charges) (2790)
Wand of Inflict Light Wounds (50 charges) x8 (375 each)
Wand of Subdual Lightning Bolt (CL 9th, 17 charges) (3442.5)
Scroll of Resurrection
Potion of cure serious wounds x10 (375 each)
Hellwasp Honey x90 doses [heals 1 hp per dose; 20+ per day poisons imbiber] (5 each; 20 if proper connoisseur is found)
Spined Shield x5 (2790 each)
+1 gold dragonhide plate (2000)
+1 spiked full plate x5 (1350 each)
+1 longsword of flame or frost (7500)
[sblock]Can use either the flaming or frost enhancement, though not both at once. Switching between them is a free action. Additionally, the sword’s wielder can spontaneously change the energy type of one spell per day that he or she casts, changing its energy type to either cold or fire.[/sblock]
+1 dwarven waraxe x5 (1165)
+1 Heavy Mace (1156)
+1 Falchion x8 (1187.5 each)
+1 Glaive x4 (1154 each)
Mwk Longsword x32 (157.5 each)
Mwk Short Sword x24 (155 each)
Mwk Light crossbow x32 (167.5 each)
Mwk Heavy Crossbow x12 (175 each)
Belt of Giant Strength +4 (8000)
Platinum Hairpin of Disguise (900)
Dusty Rose Iuon Stone [+1 insight AC] x5 (2500 each)
Clear Spindle Iuon Stone [sustains user w/o food or water] (2000)
Diamond with trapped soul x3 (10,000 each)
Horn of Fog (1000)
Rod of Viscid Globs [3/day launch a tanglefoot bag] (1000)
Rod of Transposition [3/day switch places w/ creature w/in 30 ft; will DC 13 negates] (3000)
Handy Haversack (1000)
Ashwood Figurine of Wondrous Power [As Marble Elephant, but a Dire Bear instead] (8500)
Dish of never-ending white & dark chocolate animals (2500)
Ruby-studded Everburning Torch x6 (500 each)
Spellbook (2050)
[sblock]5th – ball lightning
4th – bestow curse, enervation, stoneskin
3rd – scintillating sphere, vampiric touch, dispel magic
2nd – combust, glitterdust, scorching ray, spectral hand, web
1st – chill touch, mage armor, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement, shocking grasp[/sblock]
Ancient Spellbook (4000)
[sblock]Few of the spells are extant today, but sadly none are usable. The inside cover has a message: “My Lord, a trophy to commemorate my victory over an old foe of yours,” and is signed by Leska.[/sblock]
Music box [programmed image of a dancing nymph, which responds to requests to entertain viewers] (1500)
Enchanted game board [conjures illusions of game pieces for common strategy games] (1500)
Mystery cheese [detects as possessing overwhelming necromantic magic, but all attempts to identify its powers fail] (100)
Secret painting (2000)
[sblock]A painting (which has no magic aura) with a name plaque that reads, “The Woman I Love the Most.” It depicts a proper Sindairese noblewoman. But if the person viewing it says, “I can wait no longer,” the image shifts to a young, sultry half-elf Ostalin woman, posing nude.[/sblock]
Magically comfy bed sheets (500)
700 bolts (35)
Lavish outfits x6 (800 each)
79,002 gp in coins, gems, and art
[/sblock]

I will assume you are keeping the following items: Wand of cure moderate wounds (9 charges), Potion of cure light wounds x8, and Potion of cure moderate wounds x6 from the pre-clan list, and Hellwasp Honey x90 doses [heals 1 hp per dose; 20+ per day poisons imbiber] (5 each; 20 if proper connoisseur is found) from post-clan. Whoever wants to keep them on their person, or split up as you like.
I'm assuming for now EVERYTHING ELSE is sold, if you think everyone in the party should chip in for other items, debate it in the posts and you can always get more stuff as "party items."

With all that said...
Zayed, Tansley, Angir, Kalinah, Roslyn, and Torrent each get 41,590.57 gp! They also gained Deception's Boon.

Say what items you'd like to buy back, and also if you want to purchase/upgrade anything new in Seaquen or sell anything. Seaquen's purchase limit is now 25,000 gp. Remember, that means both new items worth up to 25,000 gp but also the price limit on upgrades. For example, upgrading from a +5 weapon to a +6 equivalent is 22,000 gp (72,000 - 50,000), so you could do that (and of course, upgrading a weapon from +1 to +2, then +2 to +3, etc... all the way up to +5 to +6 is also fine, albeit time-consuming).

Also remember to level up to ECL 13!

Last edited:

StarswordX

First Post
Refer back to post 194 for things Kalinah wants to keep. Also, I agree that any healing items should be kept and divided equally among party members, except maybe wands. Those things take a skill to use, right?

firehorse

First Post
Kal can have the belt with no debate from Zayed.

Zayed will keep a Dusty Rose Ioun Stone and maybe the Rod of Transposition

Torrent will keep the Inviso-Lance, a Dusty Rose Ioun Stone and maybe a Spined Shield (although "I think I'll price the spines as a 2000 gp market value additional flat cost" is confusing. What do you mean?)

Torrent and Tansley should split holding the scrolls, elixers and wands that heal, restore and buff the party, but we should get party help in purchasing them. Immovable Rods as well.

These are, in addition to what the DM listed:
Immovable Rods x2 (2500 each)
Wand of Restoration (9 charges) (2790)

Torrent and Zayed will chip in for these even if nobody else does. Please total them up so we know the what will be split. Everyone participating in the split of these please post saying so.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Refer back to post 194 for things Kalinah wants to keep. Also, I agree that any healing items should be kept and divided equally among party members, except maybe wands. Those things take a skill to use, right?

If the spell is on your spell list (ie, you're a spellcaster), no need to use a skill once it's identified. If not...you need a Use Magic Device DC 20 check to use a wand.

Torrent will keep the Inviso-Lance, a Dusty Rose Ioun Stone and maybe a Spined Shield (although "I think I'll price the spines as a 2000 gp market value additional flat cost" is confusing. What do you mean?)
.......................................................................................................................................
Torrent and Zayed will chip in for these even if nobody else does. Please total them up so we know the what will be split. Everyone participating in the split of these please post saying so.

I mean, most weapon enhancements are listed as a +1, +2, etc... cost, worth an enhancement bonus. Others have a flat cost in gp. So I decided the spines are fairest priced as a flat cost (+2000 gp market price in this case, so halved when sold), rather than a +1 enhancement which in turn makes it more expensive to add another property to the shield later.

Yes, once everyone agrees on what they're willing to split money on, I can figure out how much gp to deduct from everyone. Roslyn is leaving the game, but assume she pitches in an equal share towards any party items you want. She still gets her share of this loot.

Last edited:

Remove ads