• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

StarswordX

First Post
Kalinah's Level-up: Sublime Marshal 3

+d8 HP, +1 base attack, New Minor Aura: Art of War
Leadership Performances now 2 (Including Song of Forms)

Bonus Feat: Maneuver Leader
New Maneuver: Divine Surge

begooler

First Post
Buy new:
Pearl of Power (5th level) 25k
Handy Haversack (2k)
Amulet of Retributive Healing (2k)
Scroll of:
-air walk (CL 7) (700gp)
-freedom of movement (CL7) (700gp)
-remove disease (375gp)

Buyback
Zayed’s brutal surge amulet of mighty fists- for Phet- 2k
(I need some clarity on this item so I know if I want to/can upgrade it)

Upgrades:
upgrade Tansley's Vest of resistance to +2 (3k)
upgrade Phet's cloak of resistance to +2 (3k)

Sell:
Chronocharm of the Uncaring Archmage (+250)
Chronocharm of Celestial Wanderer (+250)
Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker (+250)
(These are nice cheap items if no one is using a neck slot and wants them.)

That comes out to spending 38,025
leaving 3565.57gp left of the new loot
+ what she had in inventory (652.2gp)
=4,217.77gp left to contribute to additional group inventory or other items.

May trade out some things based on answers to questions but will settle that on Thursday.

One question- I'd like to get Phet a Collar of Healing from the MIC, but want to know if it can be added on to the amulet of mighty fists or bought as a head slot and what that would cost.

Leveling: 7th level of Holt Warden
6 skill points, spent 2 cross class to learn Terran, working towards learning all the elemental languages
New ability, "Web of Life"
Additional use per day of Earth's Communion (aka Hippie Healing Circle)
7th level spells

Web of Life (Sp): At 7th level, you can lead your community in spiritual union with the interconnected web of all life. Once per day, when you sing, chant, or speak inspiringly for at least 1 full minute, every living creature that hears your voice gains a +2 bonus to Wisdom for the next 1d4 hours. In addition, each divine spellcaster who hears you, including yourself, gains back 1d4 levels of spells (up to four lst-level spells, two 2nd-level spells, one 3rd-level and one lst-level, or one 4th-level spell). These regained spells must be spells you've cast since you last prepared spells. No spellcaster can be affected by this spell-regaining ability more than once per day, even if it is activated by multiple holt wardens.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok. If you guys really want to buy all these party items, it's not going to be cheap.

If you buy back all of the following (suggested by Zayed):
Immovable Rods x2 (2500 each)
Wand of Restoration (9 charges) (2790)
Wand of CLW (50 charges) (375)
Scroll of Restoration x8 (450 each)
Scroll of Heal x4 (825 each)
Scroll of Heroes' Feast (825)
Elixir of restoration (800)
Elixir of break enchantment (1125)

That adds up to 17815 gp. Then each of you has to chip in 2969.17 gp.

If you also purchase the items Tansley suggested:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Wand of Lesser Vigor
Diamond Dust (1500 gp; enough for 1 revivify and 5 restorations)

Then that's another 500 each (total of 3469.17 gp each). I'm going to say...any new healing items you buy (as opposed to buying back from loot), Fjord's character should have to chip in for instead of Roslyn.

Buy new:

Buyback
Zayed’s brutal surge amulet of mighty fists- for Phet- 2k
(I need some clarity on this item so I know if I want to/can upgrade it)

One question- I'd like to get Phet a Collar of Healing from the MIC, but want to know if it can be added on to the amulet of mighty fists or bought as a head slot and what that would cost.

Amulet of Mighty Fists: Basically costs 2x the normal enhancement price for a weapon (so +1 is 4000 gp market price), and you are not required to have a +1 first (still need it from somewhere to beat DR/magic). As for Brutal Surge itself, it's in MIC, a +1 special property usable 1+Con mod per day to bull rush after striking. You can upgrade the amulet further as normal.

The Collar can be added for +50% cost, and likewise used in the wrong slot for +50% cost. However, the collar specifically only works for animal companions, special mounts, and familiars. Phet is ineligible for it, unless Elemental Companion has very clear text saying it counts as Animal Companion for everything.

firehorse

First Post
Upon reconsideration, if we keep just the Wand of Restoration, we can probably forego the other Restoration items as well as the extra spell components for Restoration. Perhaps focus the spell component costs on Revivify?

I'm good with the rest.

Welcome Fjord.

Last edited:

Scottbert

Villager
Levelup choices: Learn powers: Psionic Overland Flight, Psionic Contingency

Shopping:
+2915.41 (Remaining pocket change)
+41,590.57 (Loot!)
-3469.17 Party items
-1500 game board
-20000 (headband upgrade to +6)
-450 merge hand of mage with amulet of natural armor
-3000 +1 to +2 mithral shirt
-4000 mwk to +2 shield
-4500 dorje of clairvoyant sense
-1500 contingency focus
-1650 PS of inconstant location
-375 PS of Concealing Amorpha Greater
-450 3x PS of entangling ectoplasm augmented to 3PP
-375 merge healing belt with dispelling cords
-375 PS of touchsight
86.81 remaining.

firehorse

First Post
Kalinah's Level-up: Sublime Marshal 3

+d8 HP, +1 base attack, New Minor Aura: Art of War
Leadership Performances now 2 (Including Song of Forms)

Bonus Feat: Maneuver Leader
New Maneuver: Divine Surge

Hey Kal, didn't realize you took Sublime Marshal. The Helm of Tactics Torrent picked up a while back might be better utilized with you using it.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, please let me know if this is acceptable for group items.

Keeping:
Hellwasp Honey x90 doses [heals 1 hp per dose; 20+ per day poisons imbiber] (5 each; 20 if proper connoisseur is found...finding one may take a while)
Wand of Restoration (9 charges) (2790)
Wand of CLW (50 charges) (375)
Scroll of Heal x4 (825 each)
Scroll of Heroes' Feast (825)
Elixir of break enchantment (1125)
Potion of cure serious wounds x10 (375 each)
Immovable Rods x2 (2500 each)

Buy:
Wand of Lesser Vigor x2 (750 each)
Wand of CLW (750)
Diamond Dust, 1000 gp (for Revivify)

Zayed thinks Torrent and Tansley should each have a wand of CLW and lesser vigor...
If that's what you're doing, the total is 20,865 gp. That means 3477.5 gp each. Some of you don't have that kind of money and will need to adjust.
For Lucas, he has to chip in for the new buys, which means he's paying 541.67 gp.

EDIT: Remember, the following party items were already assumed as well:
Wand of cure moderate wounds (9 charges) (405)
Potion of cure light wounds x8 (25 each)
Potion of cure moderate wounds x6 (150 each)

Please accept or request changes to this, I want to move on.... Also decide who's carrying what. Or we could make a party loot token, but if we do, I still want it listed broken out by character to know who has what. Like...

Torrent:
Wand of CLW (35 charges)
Scroll of Heal x2

Zayed:
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds x6

etc....

Last edited:

begooler

First Post
I think we should make a token, with notes of who's carrying what. Otherwise it's easy to lose track of what the party loot is.

I think we can do with only 2 scrolls of heal and sell the other 2. By the time we sell loot again, I doubt we would go through them all.

firehorse

First Post
I think we should make a token, with notes of who's carrying what. Otherwise it's easy to lose track of what the party loot is.

I think we can do with only 2 scrolls of heal and sell the other 2. By the time we sell loot again, I doubt we would go through them all.

Agreed. Torrent and Tansley split the CLW, Lesser Vigor wands and honey, Tansley takes the other wands and scrolls, Zayed and Kal split the healing potions.

Remove ads