SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

StarswordX

First Post
I am okay with keeping all the healing items we can everytime we get them. The money adjustment just means I lose an enhancement point on my armor. However, I would suggest selling the honey. 1 hp 90 times is almost nothing to our group, and we have lots of potions and wands and such. 20x90 is 1800, which takes a good chunk out of the healing items price in the most recent post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Relist of Party's Current healing items.

Hellwasp Honey x90 doses [heals 1 hp per dose; 20+ per day poisons imbiber] (5 each; 20 if proper connoisseur is found...finding one may take a while)
Wand of Restoration (9 charges) (2790)
Wand of CLW (50 charges) (375)
Scroll of Heal x4 (825 each)
Scroll of Heroes' Feast (825)
Elixir of break enchantment (1125)
Potion of cure serious wounds x10 (375 each)
Immovable Rods x2 (2500 each)

Wand of Lesser Vigor x2 (750 each)
Wand of CLW (750)
Diamond Dust, 1000 gp (for Revivify)

Wand of cure moderate wounds (9 charges) (405)
Potion of cure light wounds x8 (25 each)
Potion of cure moderate wounds x6 (150 each)
-------------------------------------------------------

Kalinah had previously claimed 5 CLW potions and 5 CMW potions. 1 of each has been used. With the new healing items, Kalinah's healing inventory will look like this.

Kalinah:
4 CLW potions
4 CMW potions
5 CSW potions

The CMW and CSW potions, along with 1 CLW potion will be kept in her potion bracer for quick access. The last 3 CLW potions will be kept in her backpack.

I suggest everyone choose what items they wish to hold and list them here so we can copy them onto the party items token. Any that are unclaimed can be held by Kalinah, since she has the most carry capacity (presumably).

Last edited:

begooler

First Post
Hey! Sadly I won't make it Thursday. I'm in a work whirlwind. I actually would have said something earlier but I had this feint glimmer of hope I would be able to get a break...

Fjord can run Tansley, and I also might be able to poke my head in and see what's up at some point.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I can't do Sunday night after all, will probably be studying with people. See you on Thursday, please don't wait until the last second to level up. 14 should be a pretty uneventful level-up, though for Kal it's 12th level. Kal, you get both a feat and a stat increase. Remember my option for two stat increases if you want it, and if you used it at level 8, neither of those can be increased this time.

begooler

First Post
I updated my sheet.
7th level of Druid = more spells per day for 6th and 7th level, BAB, Good saves. No new class features.
Skills: 2 pts to learn Ignan, 1pt each Know Arcana, Planes, Spellcraft, Listen

I looked up the diamond dust. Tansley was carrying 800gp from our last adventure. Then we bought 1000. Then we used 200. We have 1600gp diamond dust now.

I also updated her wealth on her sheet for her share of the party items, which I never did when we last leveled.

Below is some information for the party on healing spells and spells that bring people back from the dead and their cost, what kind of components they use, and who in the party can cast them:

Healing Spells with Material Cost:

Restoration (Cleric Lvl 4)
What it does: Removes all negative levels, ability damage and drain. *Lesser Restoration has no cost, but only removes ability damage, not drain and not negative levels.
Cost: 100 gp diamond dust
Who can cast it: Only Torrent, from prepared spells or scrolls or wands. (4th level)

Regenerate (Cleric Lvl 7, Druid Lvl 9)
What it does: Regrows lost limbs and heals broken bones (which cure spells don't do) Creature has to still be alive for it to work.
Cost: (none actually, I just thought I would make note)
Who can cast it: No one at the moment can prepare, but Torrent or Tansley can use a scroll (requires a wisdom buff and caster level check from Torrent) Tansley will be able to cast as a prepared spell at level 17.

Spells that bring people back from the dead:

Raise Dead (Cleric 5)
What it does: Brings back an intact body to life. The whole body has to be intact (it doesn't regrow missing body parts) and the spell cannot be cast on a creature turned into an undead. The body must have only been dead a limited number of days/weeks based on level of the caster. The character loses a level or constitution when brought back this way.
Cost: 5,000 gp diamond dust
Who can cast it: Only Torrent, and only from scrolls. She needs a wisdom buff in order to do so. (Unless her wisdom was increased to 15 and I wasn't paying attention.)

Revivify (Cleric 5, Druid 5* -per houserule)
What is does: Brings back a person as per limitations of raise dead, except must be cast within one round of death, and there is no level loss.
Cost: 1,000 gp diamond dust.
Who can cast it: Tansley only, from prepared spells, but Torrent can if she gets to cast 5th level spells later. Both can cast from scrolls too, but the time constraints in combat make that unlikely to work. Tansley usually prepares this every day.

Resurrection (Cleric 7)
What it does: works like raise dead, except only requires some remains of the body and can work on a creature that has been made into an undead.
Cost: 10,000 gp diamond dust
Who can cast it: No one, but Torrent can use a scroll with a wisdom buff and caster level check, as she did for Lord Goo.

True Resurrection (Cleric 9)
What it does: works like raise dead, except doesn't require any remains body and can work on a creature that has been made into an undead, as well as elementals and constructs. There is no level loss. The creature can have been dead for a number of decades based on the caster's level.
Cost: 25,000 gp diamond dust
Who can cast it: No one, but Torrent can (maybe) use a scroll with a wisdom buff and caster level check

Reincarnate (Druid 4)

What it does: Brings back a creature in a new body, needs only some remains of the original body. Does not work on creatures turned into undead. Does not matter how long the creature has been dead. Creatures lose a level or constitution.
Cost: 1000 gp in oils and incense
Who can cast it: Only Tansley, from prepared spells or scrolls or wands. (4th level)

Last Breath (Druid 4)
What it does: Brings back as per Reincarnate, except no level loss and must be cast within one round of death.
Cost: 500 gp oils and incense
Who can cast it: Only Tansley Tansley usually prepares this every day. This is what was used when Torrent died.

I think I got that all accurate- there is more information in the spell descriptions.

We currently have:
0 gp worth of oils and incense (Just used it all on Lkendreis)
1600 gp worth of diamond dust

StarswordX

First Post
Kalinah Level up to 12, Sublime Marshal 4

Recalculated HP total, 173. May need to be double checked.
New Feat: Fearless Leader
New Class Skill: Grant Move Action 1/day

Additionally, I would like to swap out Two-Weapon fighting for Dodge.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Reminder: No game Thursday, we're playing on Sunday instead, usual time.
Note to self: level up Three Weeping Ravens...it's overdue...

Update: Zayed can't play on Sunday. :(
We might play anyway...

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
EnWorld SUCKS Mega Bus! (recovered posts)

This is a cached log of posts 231-241. I think posts 227-230 from page 23 of the thread (pre-EnWorld :):):):) up) are lost to time, sadly... Along with any edits made to posts since May 2016.
[sblock]
StreamOfTheSky said:
Going back to Gladiator? Interesting....
Don't forget, you also get a bonus feat from the Temple masters.

I'm going to try and get loot done this weekend. It will be lower than WBL by a good bit, but between the relics and artifacts you got this chapter (Torch, replicator gauntlets, Rhuarc's ring to some extent...) and the bonus feat (worth at least 20,000 gp a person at your level), it should still be fair.

I'm thinking the purchase limit in Seaquen will increase to $30,000 gp, but let me think about it.

begooler said:
I leveled. Druid 8. Got 8th level spells and Swift Tracker.
For feats:
Bonus: Spontaneous Healer
Level 15: Sudden Still
Would like to trade 1st level Trivial Knowledge for Sudden Silent.

...because at this level it would be really embarrassing to die by grapple or drowning.

Edit: Also, Tansley would like the Amulet of Retributive Healing and +4 Wis. She will give the amulet of retributive healing that she already has to Phet, and sell her Headband of Wis +4 for 8k. I have noted these items on my sheets, but not the gp exchange yet.

I think she might also want Rhuarc's ring depending on whether someone else wants it and how much gold she gets when we split everything up.

Does Phet get a free bonus feat from the temple?

StreamOfTheSky said:
Please note, it's been a long chapter, you might already have been using some of these items. But if you want to keep them, you're going to have to buy them back. Sell / buy-back values in gp are listed in ().
[sblock]Torch of the Burning Sky (currently +6 ghost touch consumptive vicious morningstar [+d8 dmg vs. living foes])
Replicator Gauntlets (???)
[sblock]Replicator Gauntlets: When a light or one-handed melee weapon is held in either hand while wearing these gloves, a wearer trained in Two Weapon Fighting may activate their power (command word, swift action) and form an identical weapon that shares its essence in the other hand, although it lacks any chambered wand or augment crystal of the original (though you can add them to it afterwards). If you hit a foe with both weapons in the same round, additional rend damage (base weapon damage + 1.5x your Str bonus) is applied to the offhand copy's damage; you can only rend a given foe once per round. If you possess the Combat Reflexes feat, you gain the use of the Double Hit feat while the gauntlets are activated. The copy lasts as long as you hold both intact weapons. Should you drop, be disarmed of, or have sundered one of the weapons, regardless of which one, it is the real weapon that is lost/broken and the copy vanishes. Any wand or crystal in the copy drops harmlessly to the ground. The gauntlets cannot replicate artifacts nor relics. If the copied weapon has properties that expend charges or have daily or other usage limits, the replica weapon does not gain these properties.
Appearance: A pair beat up, dirty leather cestus that sport an eye-catching icon etched into them.
pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1436389292/rune_beginning.jpg
Command Word: Tahl-mus-allae-deth[/sblock]
Decoy Ring [Note: Treating this as a unique item; can't purchase more] (6000)
[sblock]This ring is a thick loop of mirrorlike metal.
Whenever the wearer of this ring takes the withdraw action or becomes helpless (including falling unconscious), it instantly makes her invisible for 3 rounds and creates 4 illusory duplicates that either run off in opposite directions or perform other plausible actions that could draw enemy attention away from her. The duplicates last for 3 rounds before disappearing, but they instantly pop out of existence if struck by an attack (AC 10) and can be disbelieved (Will DC 19). Allies of the wearer always know her true location and can freely provide aid or assistance to her.[/sblock]
Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (4000)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (1000)
Ring of Protection +1 (1000)
Gauntlets of Str +4 and Dex+2 (10,000)
Cloak of Cha +4 (8000)
Belt of Con +2 (2000)
Boots of Agile Leaping (300)
Vest of Resist +2 x2 (2000 each)
Cloak of Resist +1 x2 (500 each)
Inquisitor’s mask of resistance +4 (9300)
Inquisitor’s mask of wisdom +2 (3300)
[sblock]Inquisitor's Mask: +2 enhancement bonus on Intimidate; 3 rounds/day immune to possession and mental control, as per protection from good. Latter functions immediately when needed.[/sblock]
Amulet of retributive healing and Wis +4 [swift 2/day; heal what you just healed another] (9000)
Psionatrix of Metacreativity (4000)
Ruby Cincture of Immutability [belt slot; immediate 1/day negate form-changing effect] (6000)
Dispelling Cord of Con +2 [swift 5/day; +2 on next dispel] (2500)
Ring of Counterspell [holding greater dispel magic] (2000)
Gloves of Dex +2 (2000)
Hexbands [+1 curse DC; swift 5/day deal +Cha to dmg vs. hexed foe for 1 round] (1550)
Brooch of shielding [101 charges] (750)
Ring of Adamantine Touch [melee attacks overcome DR/adamantine] (3000)
True Strike Gauntlets [Standard, 1/day true strike] (1750)
Cloak of Quills [Free, 5/day, 1d6 dmg to grapplers (Ref DC 16 negates) ] (1250)
Tooth of Savnok (1000)
[sblock]Tooth of Savnok: You remain able to move full speed w/ a medium or heavy load or armor, but show Savnok's sign and are under his influence. Implanting the tooth deals 1 damage and must replace one of your teeth. Removing it deals no damage. It must be implanted 24 hours to function.
Sign: A piece of an arrow underneath your skin. Attempts to remove it result in a new one appearing. No negative effect other than occasional discomfort.
Influence: Once you make up your mind on an issue, it is very difficult to get you to reconsider. Also, any item you don or wear that improves your AC, cannot be removed for any reason. Each time you go against Savnok's influence, you suffer a cumulative -1 to attacks, saves, and checks for 24 hours.[/sblock]
Dusty rose iuon stone x3 (2500 each)
Cognizance Crystal [11 pp] (18000)
Viper Rod (9500)
Portable Hole (10,000)
+1 Living Chain [spiked chain; +2 trip] (2162.5)
+1 Vicious Hand Claw (9152.5)
+1 Shortspear (1150.5)
+1 Scimitar (1157.5)
+1 Longsword x2 (1157.5 each)
+1 Sizing Stunning Surge Spell Storing Kukri (11654)
+1 Vampiric Rapier (9160)
+1 Returning Seeking Javelin (9150.5)
+2 Dislocator Spear [swift 3/day; 1st successful attack before end of turn teleports target to unoccupied space 5-10 ft away of your choice, Will DC 17 negates] (9151)
+1 Beastskin Darkleaf Breastplate [functions in wild shape if you spend additional WS use; light armor, +5 AC, +4 max dex; -2 acp] (5725)
+2 Spiked Mithral Full Plate (7275)
+1 Breastplate x2 (1175 each)
+2 Buckler (2082.5)
+1 Heavy Shield x2 (585 each)
+1 Medium mithral shirt barding (1100)
Mwk Composite Longbow [Str +5] x2 (450 each)
Mwk Kukri x2 (1154 each)
Mwk Shuriken [20] (124)
Mithral Full Plate (5250)
Mwk Heavy Shield (85)
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds [30 charges] (1350)
Wand of Hold Portal [10 charges] (75)
Scroll of Break Enchantment [divine] (562.5)
Scroll of Heal (825)
Scroll of Invisibility ×2 (75 each)
Scroll of Speak with Dead (187.5)
Scroll of Levitate (75)
Scroll of Water Breathing (187.5)
Scroll of Shout (350)
Scroll of Death Ward (350)
Scroll of Mass Cure Light Wounds (562.5)
Scroll of Forceful Hand (825)
Scroll of Greater Shadow Evocation (1500)
Scroll of Interplanar Telepathic Bond (825)
Scroll of Lesser Planar Binding (562.5)
Scroll of Dimensional Anchor (350)
Scroll of Speak With Dead x2 (187.5 each)
Scroll of Magic Circle Against Evil (187.5)
Scroll of Demon Dirge (187.5)
Scroll of Devil Blight (187.5)
Scroll of Shadow Cache (187.5)
Potion of Nondetection (425)
Potion of Displacement (375)
Potion of Hamatula Barbs (375)
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds x2 (375 each)
Oil of Dolorous Blow (375)
Potion of Babau Slime (25)
Arrows [60] (1.5)
67,188 gp in coins, gems, and art[/sblock]
Total: 292,500 gp
Per person: 48,750 gp

While you haven't gotten back to Seaquen yet to actually sell the loot and buy stuff, if you teleport back it shouldn't make a difference. The new purchase limit for Seaquen is 35,000 gp!
As always, that can go far for incremental upgrades. You could make a Ring of Protect +5 for example (2000 gp for +1; upgrade of 6000 gp for +2; upgrade of 10K gp for +3; upgrade of 14K gp for +4; upgrade of 18K gp for +5), even though the ring's final cost is 50K gp.

Three Weeping Ravens will not take a cut of the loot, he's just grateful the temple's been restored. Those amounts are if you sell everything other than the Torch (obviously) and Kal's Replicator Gauntlets (which effectively belonged to her anyway). Oh, and the Book of Vile Darkness, which I assume you want to destroy. If someone's keeping the Decoy Ring, be sure to pay for it, there will never be another one available! Discuss if you want any healing items bought w/ group funds.

Tansley: The feat trade is fine, but without Eschew Materials, you might still have an issue if grappled... Phet does not get a bonus feat (nor does Spinel, but it shouldn't have feats beyond what's in the initial stat block anyway)

EDIT: Note, your bonus feats are effectively part of your loot. For determining the value, I assumed you can remove a flaw with Wish or Miracle (which is like gaining a feat for free), but such a use costs the 5000 xp (and thus, 25,000 gp as the conversion) component, plus any charge for the actual spellcasting service. That's why Phet's not getting one; it's unfair to the other players to give Tansley two such pricey "items."
EDIT^2: Ok, let me clarify.... I'm saying that the bonus feat is *in addition to* your actual loot. I know the gp's kind of low for your level, so I was just pointing out the feat's another form of "wealth" you got.

harveyfjord said:
I'd like to take:

Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (4000)
Dusty rose ioun stone (2500)
Vest of Resist +2 (2000)
Edit (2): Taking belt of con +2 (2000)

I'd like to purchase:

Restful armor crystal (500)

(5 items, sum: 11000 GP)

I'd like to upgrade:
Mithral Chain shirt from +2 to +3 (5000)
Cloak of Charisma from +4 to +6 (20000)
Belt of Con +2, add belt of healing enchant. (1050)*
*Calculation of cost:
[sblock]Cost of creation for Belt of Healing (BoH) = 500 GP, 40 XP. General rule for purchasing spellcasting services is to multiply xp cost by 5 for GP cost to purchaser of service, thus cost to purchase creation of belt of healing is (500 + [40x5])= 700 GP. Cost multiplied 1.5, because this adds an ability to a slot item, thus cost to add BoH enchant to a slot item is (700x1.5) = 1050 GP. I assume that the BoH enchant on a belt slot is not a case of misplaced slot affinity.[/sblock]

firehorse said:
Zayed's Treasure Divvy:
[sblock]Starting: 8281.85
Treasure: 48750

Keep:
Gauntlets of Str +4 and Dex+2 (10,000)
Tooth of Savnok (1000),
+2 Spiked Mithril Full Plate (7275)

Sell:
Gauntlets of Ogre Power (2000)
+1 Mithril Breastplate of Mobility, Blurring and Displacement (10100)
Mithral Bells (1850)
Lesser Crystal of Return (2000)

Buy:
Add Blurring and Displacement to Full Plate (12000)
Armbands of Might (4100)
Third Eye Concentrate (10000)
Add Battle Charger to Shoes of Agile Leaping (3000)
Enhance Cloak of Resistance from +1 to +4 (15000)
Greater Revelation Crystal (5000)

Ending: 5606.85 [/sblock]
Torrent's Treasure Divvy:[sblock]Starting: 8125.50
Treasure: 48750

Keep:
Headband of Wis +4 (8000)(Tansley's)
Scroll of Heal (825)
Scroll of Dimensional Anchor (350)
Scroll of Speak With Dead x2 (375)
Scroll of Magic Circle Against Evil (187.50)
Scroll of Demon Dirge (187.50)
Scroll of Devil Blight (187.50)

Sell:
Helm of Tactics (1000)

Buy:
Strongarm Bracers (6000)
Add Devoted Spirit to Inviso Lance (14000)
Lesser Revelation Crystal (1000)
Add Ghost Ward to Shield (5000)
+1 Mithril Shirt Barding of Nimbleness (5400)
Enhance Vest of Resist to +4 (15000)

Ending: 1363.00[/sblock]

StreamOfTheSky said:
Fjord, you can just pay the normal cost to add belt of healing to the Con +2. Stat boosts don't get the 1.5x multiplier as per MIC, and while in MIC that's only if you apply Con +2 to a belt of healing and not vice-versa....that's stupid. So it's fine. I don't know why you were talking about xp costs or spellcasting services, but none of that's really relevant. You guys don't have item creation feats nor xp, and there are rules for creating magic items, you don't use spellcasting services rules for that....
firehorse said:
I am intrigued by the Tooth. Can you enhance any AC items you wear without triggering the penalty?
You'd take the penalty for removing it to be worked on, but by the time the penalty's worn off, the work would likely still be ongoing, so it's not a big deal generally...

StarswordX said:
Kalinah's Purchases:
Remaining Wealth before loot: 4109.09
Wealth after loot: 52,859.09

From Loot:
Cloak of Cha +4 [8000]
Inquisitor’s mask of resistance +4 (9300)
Ring of Adamantine Touch [melee attacks overcome DR/adamantine] (3000)

Edit:
As Tansley and Lucas spoke up for the Decoy Ring and the Con Belt, respectively, I will not fight them. The ring just seemed too awesome to just sell for gold, but Tansley will likely get more use out of it than me. More Con is always helpful, but I already have 150 HP so that won't hurt much.

New Total used on Loot Items: 20300 GP

Merging items at 10% cost per DM ruling. I'm assuming this merging should cost 10% of the market cost rather than the sell value.

Merging Cloak of Cha +4 into my Cloak of the mountebank and resist +2 and cha +2. There will probably be additional details to work out if you allow this, but as I see it this would make the cloak a Cloak of the Mountebank and resist +2 and Cha +4 (Merge cost 1600)

Merging my previously owned Gloves of dex +2 into the Replicator Gauntlets, making them Replicator Gauntlets of Dex +2 (Merge Cost 400)

New Cost after Mergings: 22300 GP

Purchases and Upgrades:
+3 Sickle [18312]
Circlet of persuasion (+3 on Charisma-based checks) [4500]
Replicator Gauntlets of Dex +2 to Dex +4 [12000]
Adding Feather Fall to the Ring of Adamantine Touch [4500]
Selling:
+3 Heavy Flail [+9082.5]

Wealth left after all purchases and selling: 329.59

Scottbert said:
+ 86.81 Previous GP
+48750 Loot
+875 Sale of Healing Dispelling Cords

Loot purchases:
4000 Psionatrix of Metacreativity
2500 IOUN stone of AC +1
18000 Cognizance crystal 11pp
750 Potion of cure serious wounds x2
375 Potion of Displacement
2500 Dispelling cords of Con +2
2000 Ring of Counterspells
750 Brooch of shielding
2000 Gloves of Dex +2

Comissions:
750 Power Stone of Touchsight x2
750 Power Stone of Entangling Ectoplasm (huge) x2
1125 Power Stone of Crystal Body
90 Merge fee (10% of Hand of the Mage) for Hand of the Mage of Natural Armor and Psionatrix.
450 Merge fee (60%) to add Brooch of Shielding to the above
750 Healing Belt
450 Merge fee to add Healing Belt to Dispelling Cords of Con +2
750 Dorje of Astral Construct
750 Dorje of Detect Psionics
4500 Dorje of Ego Whip
5000 Vest of Resistance +2 to +3

Retraining: Amethyst Burst has been outmoded since Hail of Crystals, swap for Share Pain so I can do the vigor combo.

1471.81 remaining

begooler said:
Previous: 740.27gp
+48,750

Take amulet of healing and +4 wis, give current amulet to Phet, sell headband of wisdom to Torrent

Circlet of Rapid Casting (Head) -15,000
Decoy Ring- -3,000
Add to Ruarc’s Ring- Ring of Mystic Healing -5,250
Add Quicksilver Boots (-5250) and Anklet of Transportation (-2100) to boots

=18,430.27 gp

StreamOfTheSky said:
Weekend was busier than expected, the army units spreadsheet / document will have to wait a bit....

You recently got a Ring of Fire Elemental Command and the 15,000 gp per person from Simeon to spend on supplies for the upcoming mission. Choose what you'll be getting, and we play again on August 4th.

Early notice: I'll be on travel again the week of the August 25th game.

StarswordX said:
A bit close to gametime, but here's what Kal would want to get with her 15000 GP. Some of these items might be useless to her, but would be good for others to have.

Rod of Bodily Restoration - 3000
Blessed Bandage x 100- 1000
Potion of Endure Elements x 10 - 500
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds x 10 - 7500

Total: 12000 GP

The extra 3000 GP can be used by anyone who can use scrolls and such in order to purchase scrolls and reagents.
[/sblock]

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Reminder: We are playing this Thursday, and hopefully finishing the battle.
Next week (Nov. 10th) the game is definitely cancelled.
The game on Nov. 17th will happen if we're still not done w/ this chapter, otherwise...I'll have just come off a lot of exams, and won't be prepared for the next chapter, so it will also likely be cancelled.
The Thursday after that is Thanksgiving, so...might want to see about playing on a weekend (26th or 27th? 19th or 20th if we must...) so we don't skip for too long. I can also do Fridays, except obviously the 11th or (b/c of needing prep time, again) the 18th.

It's a bit off, but holidays...
No game Dec. 22nd.
Dec. 29th and Jan. 5th are fine for me, though.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Finishing up!
It looks like the best possibilities are either the night of Tuesday Nov. 8th (election day) or Mon. Nov. 14th. Please let me know if you could meet for 2 hours on either day (which? both?)

Remove ads